Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Rooney is fit for the competition then he's a player that you build the side around as he's the best footballer of the lot. I hope he has a consistent end to the season and can go into the competition in good mental and physical shape, he'll be a major asset, if so.

Christ, comparing Rooney to Messi is like comparing Darren Bent to Pippo Inzaghi.

Having said that, Messi has now been well off it for almost a whole year. Has it all to prove in latter stages of CL/World Cup now.

Baron Capital's purchased 9,581,636 shares of Manchester United, which were worth $151million (£90million) at the close of the market on Monday. This represents 2.5% of our total shares, putting total value of the club at £3.6billion.

People really think we're going to go the way of Liverpool? :lol: New $1billion Nike deal also incoming.

Baron Capital's purchased 9,581,636 shares of Manchester United, which were worth $151million (£90million) at the close of the market on Monday. This represents 2.5% of our total shares, putting total value of the club at £3.6billion.

People really think we're going to go the way of Liverpool? :lol: New $1billion Nike deal also incoming.

You wont be the same club with fergie gone.

I didn't compare him to Messi per se. I compared their international records.

Tbf i don't know about Rooney but Messi has been nothing short of outstanding for Argentina over the last two years.

18 goals in 16 games to be exact since the beginning of 2012 and that's without mentioning the plethora of chances created and assists.

The idea Messi doesn't perform for Argentina is now an long outdated myth.

I didn't compare him to Messi per se. I compared their international records.

Tbf i don't know about Rooney but Messi has been nothing short of outstanding for Argentina over the last two years.

I agree, but the criticism was major tournaments.

1 billion?! Got a link?

Figure quoted is anywhere between $1billion and $1.3billion.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/457450/EXCLUSIVE-United-set-to-strike-1bn-kit-deal

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-seal-world-record-600million-3221922

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/jamie.spencer/761398/manchester-united-close-to-confirming-new-600m-nike-kit-deal

It's a crazy deal, but shows our pulling power. It'll be double the nearest competitor, which I think is Madrid at £31m per year.

As far as FFP goes it's obviously a great deal for Manchester United.  We're obviously envious of your books. As fantastic as ours are too.

The question is can Moyes spend the money correctly,  and even if he can, will he have as much as the other Manchester club?

They're the questions you should be asking.

I'll let you know at the beginning of next season. The Fellaini buy doesn't exactly give me buckets of confidence (although he's looked extremely good since coming back), however if he buys well in the summer I'll be a lot more optimistic. Hopefully he gets most of his business done before the World Cup and we can be well prepared for the new season.

Europe is an absolute must next season. A decent title challenge would be nice but we'll see.

I'll let you know at the beginning of next season. The Fellaini buy doesn't exactly give me buckets of confidence (although he's looked extremely good since coming back), however if he buys well in the summer I'll be a lot more optimistic. Hopefully he gets most of his business done before the World Cup and we can be well prepared for the new season.

Europe is an absolute must next season. A decent title challenge would be nice but we'll see.

I think you'll have a big turnaround in players, and for someone under the kind of pressure Moyes will be under, a gelling in period, which with the rebuilding, is inevitable, may not be tolerated.

Throwing money at the problem only gets you so far. They've dropped from champions to 7th in a single season.

Yeah they'll spend a fortune on players in the next few years but the manager needs to build a team immediately and that's the problem. Moyes is mint but not at Man U. Fish out of water and it'll show in the next 2 seasons.