Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No need to take Gouffran and Sissoko away from covering for Santon and Debuchy. Anita in for Cabaye and HBA in for Shola. That's our best bet at keeping the ball and providing ample cover to our full backs.

Yeah would probably be better in practice, in theory want the target man there  :lol:

Thought Remy held the ball fantastically well and brought other players into the game on Saturday, far better than Shola usually does.

In any case there's no chance of Shola doing it.  :laugh:

Whether it was meant or not it was perfectly timed and vital for the goal, i'm going to believe he meant it.  :shifty:

Shola wouldve ran into, elbowed and fouled a CB.

Obertan wouldve gotten all confused and fell over.

Cisse wouldve rendered the entire move offside.

Lets just accept Remy's move for what it was....goalworthy!

Only change I can see is Anita for Cabaye, and at a push HBA to get a start.

Anita started the last game mate, how can that be a change?  ;)

I knew what I meant :p

The change being us going back to 2 in the middle, with Anita in there,  covering where cabaye has been most of the season. Yeah,  I should either explain myself better or say nowt :thup:

If there's a form team you don't want to be playing at the moment Newcastle are pretty high on the list. They are fresh off an excellent win at old Trafford, much to the amusement of the City fans in the Northam concourse just before kick off.

I don't see any reason to change the team. Let's give Ossie a chance to build on 2 goals in a week. Want and and Boruc will still be out. Any news on Morgan and Clyne? The only other worry might be Lovren who tweeted a picture of a nasty looking gash on his leg. Hopefully just a scratch for 'Animal' though.

Newcastle without the suspended Cabaye aren't anything much to write home about. Makes them tick and scores a lot of their goals. On his way to PSG in January so they'll take a nose dive soon

They'll try to do what they did to us last time. Be direct in the mould of Pardew teams, hitting diagonal balls behind our full backs

I feel wanyama will be a big miss for this one. Newcastle definitely like to play more direct than man city

Newcastle's defence sometimes looks pretty frail, JRod and Ossie might have a field day.

Tough one to call. We were well beaten there last year, although we were we certainly helped out by Fox that day, and a wonder strike by Cisse

Let's be honest, after beating Man Utd on their patch, this is exactly the sort of home game Newcastle will slip up in. I feel pretty confident about this one, not sure why...but I had a similar feeling in the run-up to the City game. I think we've got another epic away day on the cards

Yang-mbia is the worst defender in the league, awful, clumsy, stupid. Every time I've seen him he has made mistakes. Williamson is a good defender,he and colocini will be tough to brake down.

Yup. He's still right tho, even our own fans expect to slip up in these games.

You're allowed to be a dick to your own :laugh: Others can't say jack.

That selection of Soton fan quotes depict them as fairly up themselves tbh.

Guest icemanblue

This isn't a game we 'should win' really, at least not by much. They're a dangerous side at the moment, certainly much harder than Norwich/Brom.

Agreed. Still, I'm enjoying the increased optimism and, gulp, expectation.