Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All that young talent and they still only sold Walcott, Bale, and Ox combined for around what we got for Carroll. It's great to be able to build around youth players, it's something we should take more seriously. The reality is that if you have anyone English with a bit of talent, they are eventually going to move to a bigger club. It's how you reinvest the money that matters. That article is s***.

Anyone else think it'll be Jonas who replaces Cabaye and not Ben Arfa :lol:

Yeh I think it will be.

I'd push Jonas next to Tiote and have Anita adopt the creative role however...

:lol: :lol:

Anita the creative role? f*** is this?

Nice contribution. Have a nice day.

Should I have used trequartista or something?

Nah he's saying Anita shouldn't play that high up.... he's the man you want in deep getting the ball and knitting it altogether he has no place playing behind the striker playing the final pass etc etc.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeh I think it will be.

Nah he's saying Anita shouldn't play that high up.... he's the man you want in deep getting the ball and knitting it altogether he has no place playing behind the striker playing the final pass etc etc.

He's versatile enough to play anywhere, played a lot in the centre for Ajax & I'd rather have him leading it than Jonas or Tiote. See what Pardew goes with anyway.

Ben Arfa is the only other player capable of picking out a killer pass, he has to start. Tiote/Siss/ Anita behind him.

It's only bimpy playing the seed of Jonas in our minds.

It's always there that fear, but I'm giving Pards the benefit of the doubt. He seemed pleased with him Sat, and he was a key factor in us winning imo

Aye I know, I have the fear as well. But to be fair most of his recent decisions have been alright.

Yeh I think it will be.

Had on, out of Tiote, Jonas, and Anita, which one is potentially the more creative?

Yeh I think it will be.

Had on, out of Tiote, Jonas, and Anita, which one is potentially the more creative?

Anita but none of them should be anywhere near that far forward.... Bimpy man look what you have done :lol:

Yeh I think it will be.

He's versatile enough to play anywhere, played a lot in the centre for Ajax & I'd rather have him leading it than Jonas or Tiote. See what Pardew goes with anyway.

Anita is nowhere near a creative midfielder though, he's the heart that when he plays makes us tick, he controls the rhytm helping out at the back and providing option at all time, but he should like Mole said, no way be the brain of attacking plays because he's not. It's easy, with Cabaye out we HAVE to start Benny.

Anita & Tiote as holding CM's. Sissoko RM covering Debuchy. Gouffran LM covering Santon. Ben Arfa as ACM/CF drifting around the attacking end finding space to exploit, holding the ball up and keeping possession and breaking on the counter. That's how we should play. We shouldn't change our flanks - those 2 hard working guys keep us defending well. Its using the right balance of Remy + Shola/HBA/Cisse that needs to be tinkered with.

I'm not in favor of Shola starting as well - but I won't argue with results and we've won matches with that big bastard up there doing whatever the hell he does. If Pardew fears Santon and Debuchy getting exposed with guys on the flanks not tracking back and working hard - then AP needs to drill HBA into playing a role through the centre where he's putting in a shift but finding ways to get out wide left or right when attacking. That's our best way forward IMO.

Personally found it really frustrating when Anita linked up play & then skinned a defender to set up Remy's decisive finish in the 90th against Chelsea.

Why he was that far forwards ive no idea, he doesnt realise his own limitations obviously.

Guest bimpy474

Why did you have to go and say that? :/

I just had a terrible vision of it happening when i saw the squad for the game.