Newcastle United 1 - 1 Southampton - 14/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

we should have won this game, our own fault we didn't. Ok, a point is point and I'd rather have 3 but ok. Serves us right sitting back in the 2nd half

IF we'd been sitting back we wouldn't have conceded the goal we did, did you see how many of ours were taken out of the game when Santon gave the ball away.

We missed too many very clear cut chances, that's the way it goes, we played a good team today but created more, was a good game tbh

At a certain point in my life, I'm not going to be able to watch football anymore. It's bad for my blood pressure. Get so fucking angry.

Pardew is a complete pussy. How we managed to be "hanging in there" in the second half vs Southampton is obscene quite frankly.

How Southampton ended the game with 11 men, I don't know. I was also disappointed to see us go down to 10 men for the last half hour when Shola was substituted.

Ben Arfa showed the best and worst of himself there, looked shit hot beating defenders and getting into all sorts of positions, then straight after breaks through the middle tries to beat 3 men and fails when Remy was in acres of space on the wing, which sets off a Southampton counter, still doesn't deserve to start.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Before the match I would have taken a point but after having seen Southampton play I'm a bit deceived especially with Remy missed chance. However it means we'll need to get 3 points at Palace to keep up with the top 5.

Guest firetotheworks

Remy obviously should have scored, but Santon giving it away was worse considering how fortuitous the Remy chance was in the first place.

remy wasted the chance to win, Ben arfa has been woeful.

Pretty obvious that Ben Arfa's introduction swung the game back around when they were on top.

ah aye, thats why we won...oh hang on.

It's why we didn't lose :thup: Not sure what game you were watching if you couldn't see the pretty blatant swing in territory after the substitution.