Your Favourite Newcastle Chant

TheGuv

"They call us Newcastle United,

They call us the team of the land"

ends with "Joe,Joe, Joe Harvey"?

Was me favourite when I was a kid

"Tommy, give us a song"

"Little white bull"

Loved standing in The Gallowgate (scoreboard/corner), not the same now.

Nobody's pissed in me pocket for ages. :)

Wish I was around for more of the "Magpie Ranger" in the '70s.

Only experience of it is through me dad singing it around the house/Sam Jacks :anguish:/small airings at an away day pub.

That must be one of the longest football songs ever without having to repeat the same words.

Only experience of it is through me dad singing it around the house/Sam Jacks :anguish:/small airings at an away day pub.

That must be one of the longest football songs ever without having to repeat the same words.

wasn't that the one with a lot of "go left" in it ? and wasn't it echoed ie other people singing the same words ?

"They call us Newcastle United,

They call us the team of the land"

And here's to Bobby Moncur,

The Fairs Cup in his hand,

We're better than Glasgow Rangers,

We're better than Celtic too,

And if you don't support us,

You must be a Sunderland...

Joe, Joe, Joe Harvey!

wasn't that the one with a lot of "go left" in it ? and wasn't it echoed ie other people singing the same words ?

Aye.

You're being pedantic, I meant unlike repeating Howay the lads for up to 20 minutes.

The Cabaye chant was absolutely quality in Brugge when it first originated.

Aye. I'll never forget that long march back from the ground with that being sung the whole way. I like the gonna win f**k all again, we still follow united song. Sums us up really and i like the defiance of it.

Guest andyburn

We've got Terry Terry Terry Terry Hibbitt on the wing.

Supermac.

Just about any of the stuff from the seventies and eighties beats Geordie boot boys. As has been mentioned, what's with every song being sung too quickly?  Can you imagine Eintracht Frankfurt doing their Pipi chant that way??

Love some of the newer chants for the players. especially cabaye and debuchy, the new one for williamson is class,BUT, why do we sing so bloody fast, it stops the songs going around the stadium ,they just fizzle out. If you listen to the european and south american fans the songs last for ages and go right round the ground, our start at a normal pace and build up to a frenetic pace so no one can join in,

• 8 years later...
4 minutes ago, danswan said:

I've ben drinking heavily and have thought of a song which will be enjoyed for generations. This thread has been idle for 9 years. Is this the best place to post my new song?

I reckon so