So we've played everyone....

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No higher than 7th but no lower than 10th. Think the sides above us will be just too strong but the teams below are not very strong at all.

We will battle with Southampton I would think for 8th or 9th. If Spurs fuck up then we could get higher but I don't think they will now.

Voted 7th, this season is a write off for spuds, can't see Sherwood leading them on a march to glory, Southampton have vertigo and are tumbling back down, we should be aiming to take on Everton and a poor Man U for 6th but think we may come up short.

We are probably as high as we are going to be - we have 2 difficult PL games coming up, plus an FA Cup tie against a side who may have a new manager so none will be easy and the likelihood of suspensions/injuries is high. Very few expect us to remain as top 6 contenders unless we strengthen in a major way during January and that is unlikely. If we lose Cabaye, we could struggle even to get into 8th place unless he is satisfactorily replaced....

8th IF we get some forward power AND keep Cabaye...below that otherwise. Don't forget, we played Arsenal when they were without 2 of their best players and Liverpool will have a goal-crazy Suarez when we next play them...we got thumped at City and at Everton and both could beat us again at SJP so any crowing about our performances v top sides should wait until all the fixtures have been played.

Sticking with my summer prediction of 8th. Been a great season so far, competed with the best and shown ourselves in good light with some awful performances dotted in there along the way. Think we can still push on to have a good second half of the season but fancy the teams you'd expect to finish above us do so with no fuck ups. Hopefully next summer we can look to build on this season with a bit of financial backing unlike when we finished 5th and hung out to dry.

Sticking with my summer prediction of 8th. Been a great season so far, competed with the best and shown ourselves in good light with some awful performances dotted in there along the way. Think we can still push on to have a good second half of the season but fancy the teams you'd expect to finish above us do so with no f*** ups. Hopefully next summer we can look to build on this season with a bit of financial backing unlike when we finished 5th and hung out to dry.

8th for me too. 'par' season.

I'm interested to see if anyone thinks we can actually move up the league next season even with 'a bit of financial backing'..?

the way i see it the top 6 is pretty much solid. spurs have done themselves a favour in getting rid of AVB and will appoint better than Sherwood I would imagine.

I had hoped Everton may struggle to bed Martinez in and Manure wouldn't start and get things right but they have both done or are doing things to suggest this ain't gonna be the case...

I can't see which of the clubs above us are gonna 'fuck up' or drop out of the top 6...

Chelsea: will only improve under Mourinho.

Man City: will only strengthen

Arsenal: wenger looks rejuvinated

Manure: moyes settling in and they will invest undoubtedly

Liverpool: Rodgers building his own team and with Suarez, they aint dropping down anywhere soon.

Spurs: big boost in getting rid of AVB and they have the edge on us at the moment.

Everton: Martinez proving his credentials and I expect them to invest again....

So realisticaly even if we get a few in ( 1/2 centre halves, wide player/creative type and Remy + maybe a shola replacement ( hey you can dream!)..I still don't see us breaking into the top 6.

Unless its massive investment ala Freddie style of' splash the cash'...

personallly I blame the C.L and UEFA. the emphasis on the CL has left a huge gap between the regukars in the CL and enevn the bigger clubs in our division.. Even 1 season in the CL isn't enough to close the gap.. We have a definite big 4 (man City having broken in cos of huge investment) and really even liverpool, spurs and Everton can only dream of a title or a sustained top 4 place IE 2/3 seasons on the trott.

For me its almost a closed shop. The best we and clubs like us can hope for is 6th/7th/8th

If UEFA were to upgrade the UEFA cup again, give it status and meaning then maybe we could see some end to the CL 4 domination..

??

No i still think we are some way off top 6, i've always maintained that and never even contemplated breaking into it. I said start of the season that the top 6 this season for me was pretty much set in stone. We could fight Everton for 7th but think they just have the edge with Martinez, with the right signings though we can move past them imo as player for player there isn't much between the sides, just canny gulf in class between the managers.

What i don't want is to finish 8th then just rest on the fact we are comfortable in the top half again for then others teams to invest in their squads, look fresher and rise above us again. We should be looking to build on 8th and even if that means finishing 8th again, just better your own points tally from the season prior and that’s the best you can ask for at this moment in time.

I'd like to think we can do Everton at our place and take 7th place off them.  We've taken more points off the top 7 than they have and if we can just cut out the stupid points we've lost at home to the likes of West Ham, Hull and Southampton we should be able to keep in competition with them.

The Spurs resurgence isn't particularly convincing either.  They've still not beaten anyone in the top 8 so 6th isn't out of the question.

No i still think we are some way off top 6, i've always maintained that and never even contemplated breaking into it. I said start of the season that the top 6 this season for me was pretty much set in stone. We could fight Everton for 7th but think they just have the edge with Martinez, with the right signings though we can move past them imo as player for player there isn't much between the sides, just canny gulf in class between the managers.

What i don't want is to finish 8th then just rest on the fact we are comfortable in the top half again for then others teams to invest in their squads, look fresher and rise above us again. We should be looking to build on 8th and even if that means finishing 8th again, just better your own points tally from the season prior and that’s the best you can ask for at this moment in time.

O0

Agree.

Now what we really need most is a new manager then...... :lol: :eek: