WBA 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/01/14 - post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

if he was hellbent on playing Shola, surely move Remy to the wide left position, rest Gouffran or Sissoko (who both look tired), and keep the midfield triangle of Anita and Tiote deep; with Cabaye advanced - on any sensible analysis one of the key reasons in our recent performances. He just reeks of being unable to recognise very noticeable tactical developments.

I still can't get over the fact that Shola fucking Ameobi started for us today. It's absolutely mind blowing.

I'm not shocked at all by it anymore. Par for the course really.

We desperately need another striker. It's blatantly obvious.

if he was hellbent on playing Shola, surely move Remy to the wide left position, rest Gouffran or Sissoko (who both look tired), and keep the midfield triangle of Anita and Tiote deep; with Cabaye advanced - on any sensible analysis one of the key reasons in our recent performances. He just reeks of being unable to recognise very noticeable tactical developments.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

I could see the theory in starting Shola but the reality is often very different. We need a striker to come in that is consistently good at holding the ball up.

Which i've never understood, i know people say he's good at it but he simply isn't, it might his best bit but it's still absolutely horrific. He is a crap footballer, simple really.

I still can't get over the fact that Shola f***ing Ameobi started for us today. It's absolutely mind blowing.

Yup, just give him a proper target man and be done with it already.

Very silly from Debuchy but the manager has to take full responsibility for a cowardly first 70 minutes. No matter how we're doing, he will always eventually revert to type, which is fear.

This. WBA were there for the taking but our man is clueless. He can set a side up to defend against a top 6 opponent, hitting them on the break. But when it comes to actually playing football Pardew is bereft of ideas.

According to the radio Colo is out for 4-6 weeks with ligament damage. Happy fucking New Year.

Watch now as Steven Thickasfuck Taylor strolls back into the XI at the expense of MYM. And then Williamson will suffer as a result.

It's all coming together perfectly.

I still can't get over the fact that Shola f***ing Ameobi started for us today. It's absolutely mind blowing.

You could give him the best players in the world and he'd still fuck it up.

He's a gutless coward of a manager who's from a bygone era.

Guest bimpy474

He's very attached to the idea of 2 banks of 4. If you haven't got the players to do it, it can be quite frustrating to watch.

I thought our mindset today was completely wrong, it was about not taking chances and be careful. Against a rank bad team who've won 1 in 13, and not won for 9 games.

It really was just a cowards approach, i think there's a half decent manager in there (not person as i think he's an utter cunt) somewhere. He's just too scared to attack for it to happen

Guest bimpy474

According to the radio Colo is out for 4-6 weeks with ligament damage. Happy f***ing New Year.

Well would be nice to get Mapou some solid gametime

Saylor in  :pardsgrin:

We went about it wrong today unfortunately. We were pretty toothless in 'attack' - if you can call it that. As the 1st half went on i did think we'd end up losing so only losing 0-1 with 10 men isn't so bad. Could have been worse.

Unless Gouf was injured i didn't understand bringing him off. Shola was a non event and Remy wasn't at the races at all.

Not sure what the paranoia is about playing HBA on the right, it's not like Santon is a better defender than Debuchey or something.

Alex Ferguson, who knows a thing or 2 said 'play your best players in their best positions'. Good advice tbf.

giggs in the middle, john o'shea centre midfield, phil neville full back ?

ben arfa has played very well on the left before (including at everton when he was on loan in what I think was his best game for us) and up against a stand in full back, coupled with sissoko doing well on the right previously, put them together and i can understand putting ben arfa on the left. he should have been moved after the sending off to play on either wing with a 3man midfield.

the irony being all the weeping and wailing about ben arfa when anita is the one with far more to gripe at.

According to the radio Colo is out for 4-6 weeks with ligament damage. Happy fucking New Year.

Hope Yanga-Mbiwa can fill the void. Colo has been an underestimated part of our recent run.

You could give him the best players in the world and he'd still f*** it up.

He's a gutless coward of a manager who's from a bygone era.

Would you prefer Shola to be in the lineup? :lol:

We need at least two strikers, preferably two with the other being some promising youngster. Just look at WBA's options: Anelka, Berahino, Long, Vydra, Anichebe and Gera. Not brilliant but they have options. We have Remy, Shola and the most out-of-form striker in the footballing world. Fucking time our club has some depth at the striker position.

He's very attached to the idea of 2 banks of 4. If you haven't got the players to do it, it can be quite frustrating to watch.

I thought our mindset today was completely wrong, it was about not taking chances and be careful. Against a rank bad team who've won 1 in 13, and not won for 9 games.

It really was just a cowards approach, i dont him because i think there's a half decent manager (not person as i think he's an utter cunt) somewhere. He's just too scared to attack for it to happen

On the contrary, I think he's not a bad person as such, just a clueless gobshite of a manager.

We need at least two strikers, preferably two with the other being some promising youngster. Just look at WBA's options: Anelka, Berahino, Long, Vydra, Anichebe and Gera. Not brilliant but they have options. We have Remy, Shola and the most out-of-form striker in the footballing world. Fucking time our club has some depth at the striker position.

I'd have any of those first 5. Even Anichebe is an improvement over Shola. He at least knows how to hold the ball and throw his weight around a bit.