Newcastle United vs Cardiff City (FA Cup R3) - Sat 4th Jan @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow, is this really not televised anywhere?

Not particularly surprising, is it?

That an FA Cup match between two PL teams isn't on TV (or available online) in 2014? Yeah, I think it's absolutely mind boggling.

I don't think the global audience gives much of a fuck tbh.

Inb4 we scrape a win and the terrible partnership of Taylor and Mbiwa is persisted with in the league.

Apart from Taylor I see no problem with that.

Or in other words, I like Mapoo

Its not about individuals, i just don't like them as a partnership.... their traits don't mesh very well together IMO.

Williamson on the other hand who you wouldn't say is a quality individual footballer but his strengths and weaknesses mesh well with Mapou's.

Imagine if he had rested players vs Arsenal and WBA with the FA Cup in mind :lol: dear me.

Having cup games at the end of this period of games is fkn idiocy but as always it suits the big rich clubs with their huge strength in depth squads.

:rolleyes:

We've had the 3rd round of the FA Cup at this time of year since the competition was first played.

Nah, man, was 20 Jan 1872 - check your diary for that year. :)

That an FA Cup match between two PL teams isn't on TV (or available online) in 2014? Yeah, I think it's absolutely mind boggling.

So many games on today, broadcasters don't give a shit about this run-of-the-mill tie.  Far better ones out there.

I don't think the global audience gives much of a fuck tbh.

I actually think the opposite. We're used to every game everywhere being televised. Doubt fucking Grimsby - Huddersfield will have a massive audience, yet that shit is on as fuck over here.

Guest Roger Kint

So many games on today, broadcasters don't give a shit about this run-of-the-mill tie.  Far better ones out there.

Grimsby v Huddersfield ftw

So many games on today, broadcasters don't give a s*** about this run-of-the-mill tie.  Far better ones out there.

There's only 3-4 games available in total. My point is every single one of them should be. This isn't 1980.

Number of games doesn't have much to do with it since there are quite few games being televised at all today.  Just seems to be that most of the world doesn't give a fuck about the early stages of the FA cup unless its a big club vs a small club.

Guest Roger Kint

So many games on today, broadcasters don't give a s*** about this run-of-the-mill tie.  Far better ones out there.

There's only 3-4 games available in total. My point is every single one of them should be. This isn't 1980.

Why should they if theres no demand for it :lol:

he just said he'd rather win a cup than finish 10th

He meant 6th surely?

No, was asked 10th and answered "so do I".

Of course he's right.

I'd also rather finish 11th and win the FA Cup than finishing 10th. Thing is, we could finish 6th or 5th or even higher this season if we really cared.