Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

Don't get after that sort of performance by manager and player alike that the two usual suspects (shola/obertan) threads are bumped and filled with criticism. There was far worse on show than just them two today but they won't get half the blame. Was shocking performance all around and only a couple could probably say they had a good game arguably.

We play the kids in this cup, we get knocked out. We go full strength just about and still get knocked out. f***ing shameful from the lot of them!

Pardews tactics spot on Brett?  :lol:

Do people honestly think Ashley is on the blower telling him to not bother with this game ? :lol:

Be interesting to see what he would have done if Colo, Cabs and Debuch had been available, yes he may still have rested them but we would have had a game changing bench.

Ashley has driven the fans to paranoid delusions

If Pardew is trying his best in the FA Cup then he's even fucking worse than I thought.

Don't get after that sort of performance by manager and player alike that the two usual suspects (shola/obertan) threads are bumped and filled with criticism. There was far worse on show than just them two today but they won't get half the blame. Was shocking performance all around and only a couple could probably say they had a good game arguably.

We play the kids in this cup, we get knocked out. We go full strength just about and still get knocked out. f***ing shameful from the lot of them!

Probably because they are the ones who are utterly and consistently horrendous as opposed to just having a bad game here and there.

Do people honestly think Ashley is on the blower telling him to not bother with this game ? :lol:

Be interesting to see what he would have done if Colo, Cabs and Debuch had been available, yes he may still have rested them but we would have had a game changing bench.

Do you live on another planet?  Board members of our club have said we don't want to be in the cup competitions, why do you think the opposite is true?

If Pardew is trying his best in the FA Cup then he's even fucking worse than I thought.

You honestly believe he doesn't try to win every game we play ?

:lol:

No manager in the world doesn't want to win every game, yes there may be priorities but I am sure he wanted to win today.

Ah whey, yet again neebody at the club could care less about the world's most prestigious domestic cup as there is no monetary gain.

f*** the lot of them.

This is nonsense, people really believe Ashley wanted us to be KO'd today?

We are only a few points away from safety in the league so there's no point in him wanting us to get knocked out.  In terms of monetary gains it makes more sense to stay in the competition, there were over 30,000 how much does one ticket cost?  Tv replay coverage, sponsorship etc etc all adds up.

We got knocked out today by the better team on the day, plain and simple.

The reality is in the middle in that he is completely apathetic to cups. 'Minimal investment in the team, 40 points and PL TV and I can concentrate on plugging my sports tat; partly using your club. Ta very much' - Michael Wallace Ashley. Sorry if that 'hurts his feelings'. Fuck me. I'm surprised his lackey could say that with a straight face,

Pardews;

Reckons we were 'in control for 70 mins'.

'Wonder goal out of nothing for the winner and then a set play'

'Questioning the referee in the run up to the equaliser'

'Disappointed with the players - players were up for it. We played well and contained them first half'

'Effort and commitment was there'

'At home - you cannot back off against quality sides - you cannot be negative' (he seriously said that!) Genuine trolling attempt to end there?

I hate Obertan more than most but there were worse than him. I thought even though Cisse scored he had a shocker. Looked like he couldn't be arsed and was offside all the time.

Who was worse than Obertan? He is a senseless player. His runs actually impede our other attackers, he doesn't make a challenge (i.e. on their first goal) - he has nothing going for him. Cisse might have been poor but at least he scored his one chance.