Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Cardiff City - 04/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

Those that were there, did we attack today and what were we generally set-up to do from the off?

Sporadic attacks at the beginning of the second half but we played like it was a meaningless friendly. Even when we were 1-2 down there wasn't much urgency.

yes half hearted attacks, but as in last couple of games only 3 players were allowed to attack at any one time until the last few minutes when we tried to save the game.  most of the tactics were give it to Hatem and hope he can do something.

Those that were there, did we attack today and what were we generally set-up to do from the off?

Reminded me of a training game. No intensity or tempo from the off. Cardiff only went for the win, when they worked out that we weren't bothered.

Cardiff kept the ball well which limited us especially first half. Ben Arfa played in the number 10 role and was in and out, but we created very little except Ben Arfa hitting the post after a decent run. Anita & Tiote were outnumbered really and neither have the ability to create really. Cardiff had a number of shots from range and had a header disallowed from a corner.

Second half we had more tempo and our goal came from a great run in behind by Sissoko, which Cisse picked up the scraps from. Then Obertan came on and that seemed to be the signal for us to slacken off and for the ref to become a turbocunt. They hit the post and missed a headed chance then the goal came from us surrendering possession down the left and Noone scoring a good goal. That should have kicked us into gear but other than a half chance for Cisse Cardiff were in charge of the game, and we didn't bother to defend a corner so Campbell scored.

About 5 minutes later Remy and Shola got on which gave them next to no time to do anything. Ben Arfa got booked for diving which I'd need to see back, I think he slipped but there you go. We didn't come close to equalising.

Cardiff kept the ball well which limited us especially first half. Ben Arfa played in the number 10 role and was in and out, but we created very little except Ben Arfa hitting the post after a decent run. Anita & Tiote were outnumbered really and neither have the ability to create really. Cardiff had a number of shots from range and had a header disallowed from a corner.

Second half we had more tempo and our goal came from a great run in behind by Sissoko, which Cisse picked up the scraps from. Then Obertan came on and that seemed to be the signal for us to slacken off and for the ref to become a turbocunt. They hit the post and missed a headed chance then the goal came from us surrendering possession down the left and Noone scoring a good goal. That should have kicked us into gear but other than a half chance for Cisse Cardiff were in charge of the game, and we didn't bother to defend a corner so Campbell scored.

About 5 minutes later Remy and Shola got on which gave them next to no time to do anything. Ben Arfa got booked for diving which I'd need to see back, I think he slipped but there you go. We didn't come close to equalising.

Thanks.  :thup:

Embarrassing again. Still, it's only a tin pot cup. Well actually, it's not, it's the FA Cup and  we don't deserve to be allowed to participate anymore. I'm sick of clubs trying to con fans into thinking it doesn't matter.

The FA Cup is just another piece of our proud history being taken away from us by the cunts in charge. I feel like the clubs turned into an empty, soulless shell, just another corporation piece with nothing but balance sheets at its heart.

The day Ashley and his cronies fuck off and die can't come quick enough!

Didn't follow this, depressingly knew we would get knocked out as usual.

Seemed Pardew named a stronger side than most people were expecting, what went wrong?

We needed a stronger manager.

Waiting now, on the phone.

Hope it's a freephone number.

still waiting on the phone. They rang me back.

They've let me go, as they are so busy tonight. They are gonna 'try' and call back.

So that's where my fucking licence money's being spent?!?