The remainder of the season?

geordie_b

Beat the mackems and finish top 10. It would take a special kind of fuck up to not achieve the latter at this stage, but Pardew is more than capable. I honestly can't see us winning the derby either after the last two outings. I'd take a draw in it now tbh.

Go through the motions then attempt to do it all over again in August. Rinse and repeat.

Forget about challenging for Cups, they're not valuable enough.

Forget about competing in Europe, the manager can't handle it.

Forget about investing in the team, the owner wants to break even.

Just don't go down, that's the limit of the ambition these utter cunts have. Just don't go down, it fucking stinks. 

Nothing left to play for so it will be a case of hopefully achieving a top half finish, probably out of contention for Europe well before the season draws to a close. We'll continue to have mixed results because we have a quality squad of players, but we'll lose games where we should win just because other sides are better organised and motivated than ours. Same again next year I expect.

Go through the motions then attempt to do it all over again in August. Rinse and repeat.

Forget about challenging for Cups, they're not valuable enough.

Forget about competing in Europe, the manager can't handle it.

Forget about investing in the team, the owner wants to break even.

Just don't go down, that's the limit of the ambition these utter cunts have. Just don't go down, it fucking stinks. 

Manage your expectation levels you deluded Geordie madman.

I think we'll trail off with a whimper now, jobs done, we're all but safe and no silverwear left to play for, I'd be surprised if we pick up many more points now.

We've hit that wall of negativity again and Pardew doesn't know how to get out of a rut historically, I don't fancy our chances of shaking it off. Given the last couple of weeks I honestly feel like we're gonna have another Liverpool/Scum back to back games last season only substitute Liverpool with City. Icing on the cake!

Wonder if there will be an insincere offer of bonuses if we do something on the last day of the season again, followed by an amazingly meek failure.

JFK has already stated in the programme that they're all quids in for top 10. Not sure whether that'll include the non-footballing staff that usually get this cash whipped away from them on the final day.

Our next set of fixtures don't look so good. City, 2 away games (West Ham and Norwich), mackems, Chelsea away, then Spurs. :lol: We'd need to be finding our form again quick as fuck after City or we definitely will be in a rut. We're not getting anything from City, and if we don't win one of those two away games the pressure for the mackem game will be massive.

These are my targets for the season:

- Beat the mackems (& their relegation)

- Try and get 7th

- Secure HBA to new contract (unlikely)

- Sign Remy

Thats it. Depressing, really.

Fuck the mercenary.

Rather we didn't sign him.

- Try and get 7th

- Sign Remy

Depressing? 90% on here would have snapped your hands off if offered that deal in the summer.

- Try and get 7th

- Sign Remy

Fuck the mercenary.

:serious:

They're all mercenaries man. They certainly don't come here to win anything.

One thing that does offer a slight glimmer of hope is our predominantly French squad will be wanting to perform for their WC places if nothing else. We've already seen how Pardew's arse licking didn't have much effect when Cabaye decided to down tools, but when Deschamps kicked him up the arse and dropped him from the French squad, he quickly got in line.

Flogg Cabaye and pick up a couple of home wins and secure league status.  Job Complete.  Blab about investment in the team all summer then at the last minute say the squads good enough to compete.

Wonder whether Ashley sees the World Cup as being a way of getting more for Cabaye, or whether he'd rather just take the money now. Either way, that's probably what needs to happen before we make any further significant investment in playing staff.

Wonder whether Ashley sees the World Cup as being a way of getting more for Cabaye, or whether he'd rather just take the money now. Either way, that's probably what needs to happen before we make any further significant investment in playing staff.

Ashley might be thinking some teams may want to buy him this Jan as prices might end up being inflated in the summer.

They're all mercenaries man. They certainly don't come here to win anything.

That is true, but the fact he sacked us off just to go to QPR and then came grovelling back after they got relegated means I can never like him.

- Try and get 7th

- Sign Remy

Fuck the mercenary.

Serious. Regardless - I'd rather people like him didn't play for us. I'm sure he'll get Pardew'd soon enough anyway.

- Try and get 7th

- Sign Remy

Fuck the mercenary.

Serious. Regardless - I'd rather people like him didn't play for us. I'm sure he'll get Pardew'd soon enough anyway.

How do you feel about players going on strike at other clubs to force a move through to NUFC resulting in higher wages for themselves?

It wouldn't surprise me if even selling Cabaye didn't get us spending. I wouldn't put it passed Ashley to see how we get on until January.