Remy Cabella

Yaron

Gouffran would be the example and picture used next to the word 'Pardewed' in the dictionary.  He's been the victim of being the only player who could replace Jonas in that defensive winger role.  It's a rare position that doesn't really exist outside of Pardew teams, where the winger is used to double up on the opposition winger, while not being asked to provide any attacking threat.  That's why Ben Arfa has never been a success as a Pardew winger, not enough tracking back and safely booting the ball out of play.  Gouffran got six goals from that position last season.  I think that's a miracle he performed, so he gets a lot more flack than he deserves.

I hope Cabella can be used properly, because he certainly can't do that defensive winger job.  Hopefully with Janmaat and whoever we use at left back we start to trust them and just gamble a little bit.  We might concede more, but we'll probably score more if our wingers are actually allowed to attack.

I'm not sure it will happen for Cabella out wide. I'm worried.

I'd love to see us play a diamond, as it gets rid of this winger problem, which Pardew can't utlilise properly.

If everyone is fit. Cabella could slot in behind De Jong and Cisse/Ayoze. With a midfield three of Colback, Abeid and Sissoko.

Will our esteemed manager ever try this though? No chance in hell.

It's just an issue of time. Hindsight's a wonderful thing but it's now very apparent that he's the type of player that would most struggle to adapt quickly to this league. No matter the league he's playing in, he's always going to be at a physical disadvantage, so it's his brain that's the get-out clause. Luckily, he's a very smart player and will understand how to get around his issues the more he plays.

I don't think strength is the main problem, either, it's all about the speed at which he plays. He has a great touch and quick feet, the key is for him to get the ball when he's moving rather than a standing/slow start. Make sure he has players around him to quickly interchange with and he'll be cracking.

He's built like a 19 year old Gareth Bale. hes fairly tall so he has a fairly high centre of gravity and he just topples over.

It's fairly unbelievable that someone took the time to type this nonsense.

Sometimes I truly wonder if Dropout actually watches us :lol:

If he's short than it's worse. Would expect him to have a low centre of gravity and to be harder to knock off the ball.

If he's 5'7 he's around the same height as Messi which I don't believe to be true.

You measure him man? The fuck comparisons are running here? Just look up pictures of him standing next to other players at Newcastle or France, he's 1.71/5 foot 7 man

If he's that short I really worry for him. Short lads like Silva & Aguero have tremendous feet, agility, balance and strength.

Guess he's going to have to go down the Mata route and just think faster.

Precious few would have surfaced so soon after a monumental self tucking. Fair play to you.

We'll have to see how he adjusts, but at the moment I'm not optimistic. He's got some tricks, but it feels like he's still trying to play like he was in France, where players have more time and space.

A player like Modric or Silva has the skill to compensate for his physical disadvantages. I'm not sure that Cabella has that.

If he's short than it's worse. Would expect him to have a low centre of gravity and to be harder to knock off the ball.

If he's 5'7 he's around the same height as Messi which I don't believe to be true.

You measure him man? The f*** comparisons are running here? Just look up pictures of him standing next to other players at Newcastle or France, he's 1.71/5 foot 7 man

http://i.imgur.com/YBdydBr.png

Remy's a big lad tbf. We will just have to wait for TCD to measure him. :lol:

Judging players during times of absolute rank football and management and getting tiger blasted by Southampton and such is just plain mad because quite frankly, everyone was shit. The ones who've been here for years, the ones who haven't, the manager, everyone was shit.