Remy Cabella

Yaron

He just seems to run into trouble too much of the time.

It feels like he needs to go back to the drawing board and start adapting to a totally different league. Even then, I'm not sure he'll eventually make the grade in the Premiership.

Would be a completely different player if there was actual movement around.  It's the same as it was with HBA - our players (Perez apart) just watch him and expect to do it all himself.

I know this gets said with a lot of players but it's especially true for a lad of Cabella's ilk. It's like Nasri at City, plays plenty out wide but you never see him really take people on in those areas, nor is he left isolated. He always has lots of options to combine with and build attacks. Players like that use their touch and agility to their advantage in tight, final third situations.

Little bitch keeps dancing around himself with no end product what so ever, real downgrade on Ben Arfa at the moment.

I thought he played alright certainly in the first half, doesn't help when Riviere is up front and no support from full back

The key is to only play him against teams better than us where he'll have limited amounts of the ball and/or support to help get his evidently fragile confidence up.

Playing the traditional and predictable blinder is Pardew.

Can't see any reason why we don't just give him a decent run in the team and give him some momentum.  He works hard off the ball and puts tackles in.  The only way he is going to get used to the pace of the game is by playing.

Guest reefatoon

Have to say he has been disappointing so far.

Totally. If he had horrendous ginger hair and played for the mackems, he would have been stoned to death by now.

The key is to only play him against teams better than us where he'll have limited amounts of the ball and/or support to help get his evidently fragile confidence up.

Agreed. I've been underwhelmed so far but I just don't get the Pardew strategy around him.

Guest firetotheworks

Agreed. I've been underwhelmed so far but I just don't get the Pardew strategy around him.

That's because there isn't one to get. The man is simply a complete moron, no further analysis required.

Guest firetotheworks

Have to say he has been disappointing so far.

Totally. If he had horrendous ginger hair and played for the mackems, he would have been stoned to death by now.

:lol:

Irony being that if he had horrendous ginger hair and played for the mackems, he'd have started every game.

Think he's looked decent the last few games he's played now. At least he's not a complete bottler who'll shy away from getting the ball. For all the "hard work" that someone like Gouffran and Colback are supposed to do, they the biggest bottlers in the team by far. Cabella, when we have the ball, makes runs and looks for the ball, and when he's got it, he tries to make something happen. So far, it hasn't led to enough goals and assists, but he is definitely improving the more I see of him.