Remy Cabella

Yaron

Nah, he's played enough times for OM so he's now their player.

What was the limit? Thought it was a high number of appearences/goals then they would be obligated to purchase him after that point? Didn't think it would be done so soon.

What was the limit? Thought it was a high number of appearences/goals then they would be obligated to purchase him after that point? Didn't think it would be done so soon.

12 games

• 1 month later...

12 games

Correct

It is understood that a compulsory-purchase clause was placed into the French international’s loan deal, meaning that Marseille would have to pay around £6million to make the transfer permanent once Cabella played a certain number of games.

That mark is understood to have been 12, and has therefore already been passed.

With the injury not being overly serious, it is unlikely that it will in any way prevent Cabella’s loan move turning into a permanent deal.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-loan-winger-remy-cabella-10694156 (6th Jan 2016)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Roger Kint

So we lost half his value in one season?

Dont believe for one second he was £13m like. Most accounts said he was around £8m, sure it was said the higher figure was wrong at the time

Scored a cracker at the weekend.

I watched the game and he did ok but it's easy to see why he's

happier in that league. He looked very confident, always wanted the ball and was trying cocky no look passes all of the time but

without really achieving anything. They're playing him as a number 10 and he has literally no defensive duties aside from pressing the defenders. I was gutted when he left but after seeing him in his natural position rather than out wide I don't think it's the type of role you could get away with in the Premier League unless you had a very willing striker to chase back.

It's also the 3rd time I've watched Batshuayi play this season and I literally can't fathom why we're interested in him or where this massive transfer fee comes from. When Fletcher came on there was a noticeable improvement to his movement and that and that can't be a good sign.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...