Remy Cabella

Yaron

Maybe he's just homesick or has personal issues. It's not necessarily a referendum on how players perceive us as a club.

We are, of course, a worthless pile of shit - but most others seem to be happy to continue earning a wage here regardless.

Does anyone know his stats for us  i.e number of starts, time on the pitch, win %age, his assists and goals scored etc so we can put some perspective on his time here? Sure you can blame many factors but he is ultimately responsible for those factors he can influence i.e. assists, goals etc.

Hmmmm. Not upset or owt, but we give them 17m Euros plus another 3m in addons for one fella, and they get a cracking player they potentially don't have to pay for unless they get in the Champions league or the moon explodes? Seems a little one sided. Not sure we're very good at this. :lol:

In his one season here he showed me nothing to suggest he was a more than capable player, nothing. That said, he was being managed and coached by Pardew and Carver...

I disagree, there were definitely glimpses that he has some real talent, although glimpses were all that you were likely to get in such a dysfunctional team. If we were up against Marseille in a Euro competition he's probably tear us a new one.

His best position is supposedly the number 10 role and NUFC have De Jong, Perez and Wijnaldum ahead of him in the pecking order for that role. He wants to get back in the French squad for UEFA Euro 2016. He'll probably be a guaranteed starter for Marseilles so that gives him a better chance to impress.

Reckon he just wanted to go back to France tbh.

I agree, but it's just another thing that makes me sad about how worthless we are now. The kid was here for a year, was barely given a chance, recognised how shite the club was, and couldn't wait to pop back to France. I want footballers to come here and fall in love with the club, and whilst I recognise that plenty of footballers are just playing for their wage and don't care about any club, I don't think that was the case with Cabella, given he seemed to be a nice enough guy...... but who knows.

Oh well. Another one bites the dust. Now we get a new Frenchman to "bed in" for a year and sell on after underachieving.

(I am also looking forward to the history-rewriting Mapou-esque comments that will inevitably follow his departure)

As always, Dan. :thup:

Reckon he just wanted to go back to France tbh.

I agree, but it's just another thing that makes me sad about how worthless we are now. The kid was here for a year, was barely given a chance, recognised how s**** the club was, and couldn't wait to pop back to France. I want footballers to come here and fall in love with the club, and whilst I recognise that plenty of footballers are just playing for their wage and don't care about any club, I don't think that was the case with Cabella, given he seemed to be a nice enough guy...... but who knows.

Oh well. Another one bites the dust. Now we get a new Frenchman to "bed in" for a year and sell on after underachieving.

(I am also looking forward to the history-rewriting Mapou-esque comments that will inevitably follow his departure)

As always, Dan. :thup:

I have to disagree to be honest. I dont think it was a case of him recognising how shit the club was at all. He wasnt going to get in the team this season so a move was for the best. The move just didnt work out for him or us. An opportunity arose where he could go back to a league where he was comfortable and we got a player who was more suited to our needs. Sometimes move's just dont work. Maybe Cabella is better than he showed here, maybe he's not. 

Plus there's plenty of players who have fell in love with the Club, even recently.

I don't think that anyone can argue that whilst disappointing he never really forced his way into the team every week with his performances, this has removed another potential obstacle for Ayoze making the starting 11 on a regular basis again, hopefully behind Mitrovic.

I don't think that anyone can argue that whilst disappointing he never really forced his way into the team every week with his performances, this has removed another potential obstacle for Ayoze making the starting 11 on a regular basis again, hopefully behind Mitrovic.

He's better than Ayoze in non-striker positions IMO.

I don't get these deals, why aren't they just buying him now?

If he is good they play him and have to buy him

If he is crap they won't play him and won't have to buy him

IMO all loan deals should have an obligation to buy included (determined by FA) to stop big clubs stockpiling players

Guest firetotheworks

Another one off the 'failure to live up to potential' conveyor belt. Mixture of bad management and being nowhere near as good as expected. It's getting boring now.

You can't give a foreign player one season man. He didn't have the opportunity to live up to his potential. One example that always comes back to me is Robert Pires - he was dreadful in his first season in England. The difference is, Wenger could clearly see the potential for him to improve. Cabellas situation is 100% down to bad management - he can't shoulder any of the blame for me.

:thup: There are plenty of players that that's applicable to as well. Bergkamp and Modric are the first that spring to mind. I don't remember Pires being bad.

Weren't both players mentioned putting in effective performance by the end of their first seasons? I can't remember like, just going off their Wikis.

As much as players need time to adapt, there was little in Cabella's game to suggest he was going to develop into an effective PL attacking player. We'll never know now like.

I think they were, but the main point is that their managers continued to play them through poor performances. Modric especially was lightweight rubbish for ages and looked completely ineffective.

I don't get these deals, why aren't they just buying him now?

If he is good they play him and have to buy him

If he is crap they won't play him and won't have to buy him

IMO all loan deals should have an obligation to buy included (determined by FA) to stop big clubs stockpiling players

Ah right sorry, forgot it would depend on appearances, I assumed obligation no matter what.

Another one off the 'failure to live up to potential' conveyor belt. Mixture of bad management and being nowhere near as good as expected. It's getting boring now.

You can't give a foreign player one season man. He didn't have the opportunity to live up to his potential. One example that always comes back to me is Robert Pires - he was dreadful in his first season in England. The difference is, Wenger could clearly see the potential for him to improve. Cabellas situation is 100% down to bad management - he can't shoulder any of the blame for me.

:thup: There are plenty of players that that's applicable to as well. Bergkamp and Modric are the first that spring to mind. I don't remember Pires being bad.

Weren't both players mentioned putting in effective performance by the end of their first seasons? I can't remember like, just going off their Wikis.

As much as players need time to adapt, there was little in Cabella's game to suggest he was going to develop into an effective PL attacking player. We'll never know now like.

I think they were, but the main point is that their managers continued to play them through poor performances. Modric especially was lightweight rubbish for ages and looked completely ineffective.

If Modric wasn't as good as Luka Modric he would've struggled badly. He played a lot on the left or extremely deep.. basically something silly iirc. Spurs where bottom 3 at Christmas in his first season. By the end of his first season he was looking a player iirc.

Guest firetotheworks

If Modric wasn't as good as Luka Modric he would've struggled badly. He played a lot on the left or extremely deep.. basically something silly iirc. Spurs where bottom 3 at Christmas in his first season. By the end of his first season he was looking a player iirc.

Been staring at this for 5 minutes.

Nah, still no idea.

Been staring at this for 5 minutes.

Nah, still no idea.

:spit: