Remy Cabella

Yaron

We have no chance in getting Cabella, their owner hates us and Cabella probably knows he can do better than us. Plus we will want to do the deal 30% to 50% cheaper than they will allow.

We have no chance in getting Cabella, their owner hates us and Cabella probably knows he can do better than us. Plus we will want to do the deal 30% to 50% cheaper than they will allow.

If we are the only Premiership club who wants him then we have a chance.

I was at Parc des Princes yesterday and saw him for 90 minutes.

Technically gifted but isolated with Mbaye Niang for 90 minutes, couldn't create much and didn't look like a player whose impact we'd be in need of.

If he were to replace Ben Arfa as our sole creative hope, I don't see him matching his ability nor offer anything in terms of work rate, based on last night.

If Cabella is good we won't sign him. If he's bad we will.

If he's good and we somehow sign him we'll make him bad.

If we fail to make him bad we'll sell at first ask.

I think that just about covers all the bases.

Prob wont get him, and if we do something will go shit. But would be awesome to get him.. he has great technique and his ability to run at players etc is much needed for us.. but of course i talk in a dream world.

But what's the point for us?  Why should we give a f*** who we sign?

While Pardew is majorly shit, something has been ignored among all this. Which is despite how shit he is he has shown he can win games when good players are available to him.

I'd much rather have good players in the team to carry his arse, than have majorly shit players and look forward to relegation.

While Pardew is majorly s***, something has been ignored among all this. Which is despite how s*** he is he has shown he can win games when good players are available to him.

I'd much rather have good players in the team to carry his arse, than have majorly s*** players and look forward to relegation.

Correct.  And if he is really languishing there will be some good players for the next manager.  All this 'signing players doesn't matter anymore' talk is wide of the mark.  My main hope ifss that Pardew continues to have little or no input in this area so we are unhindered when he is inevitably binned

While Pardew is majorly shit, something has been ignored among all this. Which is despite how shit he is he has shown he can win games when good players are available to him.

I'd much rather have good players in the team to carry his arse, than have majorly shit players and look forward to relegation.

It's being ignored because being able to win games with good players available should be the absolute minimum from a manager, especially in the top leagues.

It's also not true of Pardew, who has had a good squad available to him but still does badly enough to warrant sacking 2 years in a row.

What's the point?  Might as well just sign the average cloggers who'll keep us in the league.

Fatty wants resale value.

If fatty really wanted resale value he would have got rid of Pardew who has cut the value of the squad by half in the last season or so.

Win games to what end?

I don't disagree, bloke should have been sacked 18 months ago goes without saying. Just while we are stuck with him its a bit silly to say it makes zero difference of whether we buy quality or not.

It doesn't make much of a difference. Cabaye was available for most of last season and that didn't stop us almost getting relegated, for example. Quite a few other good players being consistently wasted too but it's old ground :thup:

Newcastle United will have to up their offer for Remy Cabella to nearer the £11m mark if they want to secure the Montpellier playmaker, who is attracting interest from Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.

La Liga champions and CL finalists, perennial Bundesliga and CL contenders...and us. :yao:

Newcastle United will have to up their offer for Remy Cabella to nearer the £11m mark if they want to secure the Montpellier playmaker, who is attracting interest from Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.

La Liga champions and CL finalists, perennial Bundesliga and CL contenders...and us. :yao:

Ah, but can he get shinnies from SD for £3?

It's fine if we don't get him though, we'll monitor the shit out of someone else' situation for 2 year.

I don't disagree, bloke should have been sacked 18 months ago goes without saying. Just while we are stuck with him its a bit silly to say it makes zero difference of whether we buy quality or not.

Just wait until next season when he plays Cabella left wing, Ayoz at right back with Sissoko up front and we've come off the pitch losing 3-0 to sunderland. It'll all come flooding back.

Just wait until next season when he plays Cabella left wing, Ayoz at right back with Sissoko up front and we've come off the pitch losing 3-0 to sunderland. It'll all come flooding back.

Still better than going down and losing what little quality we have left.

Still better than going down and losing what little quality we have left.

Debateable. While I don't want to go down, good players will just keep Pardew in a job even longer and under his management we can't possibly do anything other than win games at random while achieving fuck all.