Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest bimpy474

What was their asking price in January, and how much did we save signing him now?

6 months wages, we couldn't really go down could we so why get him in then. I know it sounds so cynical but i really think that's just about spot on.

Anyone who has seen him live..................is he as lightweight as he looks on youtube?

Not lightweight, just likes to go down. I think that will have to be coached out of him somewhat because he does go down on every touch which he won't get away with over here.

Good news really.

We can only hope Pardew is sacked one day and this guy is still here.

Hahaha. Yes I remember saying that when Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye were playing in that side which nearly got relegated. Then we said it about Debuchy and Cissoko. I guess this chumps next on the conveyor belt.

Guest bimpy474

How does the Debuchy fee allow us to go into 8 figures when we sold Cabaye for £19m, haven't spent anything for 18 months and banked over £60m in TV money.

It's just ridiculous sutff.

How does the Debuchy fee allow us to go into 8 figures when we sold Cabaye for £19m, haven't spent anything for 18 months and banked over £60m in TV money.

It's clever stuff mate.

This way the fans forget about the Cabaye money and the fact we didn't touch last years bumper TV money and expect us only to spend the Debuchy money money and a bit of this TV money.

Based on the way the club has operated in the last few years...

£19m - 20% tax - 20% loyalty fee = £11.4m - Cabella sign on fee and agent fee of a couple of million at least = need to dip into the Debuchy money.

Where the tv money is I don't know, possibly paying off the huge debt we have, if so we could have no debt at all within 2 or 3 years and could therefore be bought by a local businessman who uses a bank loan within the club to buy it, like what Hicks and Gillett did at Liverpool.

6 year contracts all round add say £12m to every fee.

Kinda perplexed as to how the King is going to manifest a working central midfield out of De Jong, Cabella, Sissoko, Anita and Tiote. Can't bare the idea of another season with Gouff and Moussa as 4-4-2 wingers.

Talented though they may be, we all know that there's no team strategy involved with our signings. So I can't predict how we're going to line up at all. I'm expecting us to have another disjointed and imbalanced squad, filled with several good players - same as the last few seasons really.

Still tragic how, as people who are desperate to be as frugal as possible, they can't see that replacing the manager would be the cheapest option.

For how sceptical I am, it appears Charnley is capable of getting business done.

Wait and see, if we don't get the other players we need then none of this will matter.

Oh totally, but so far he is delivering, and a good start. Need at least 2 strikers, right back and arguably could do with a right winger, centre mid n centre half. Think strikers n right back are the minimum