Remy Cabella

Yaron

If Pardew is as bad as most seem to think, why is Cabella joining us? He'll have had the chance to speak at length to Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko and Cabaye. It doesn't sound like they've given him a bad reference.

As far as I'm concerned, Pardew still has something to prove, but this unrelenting negativity doesn't quite fit.

Nah, he's an open book. A book like Atlas Shrugged, or some other pretentious bullshit.

Cabella's joining us because we're a gateway to the PL and his mates told him our ownership won't stand in the way of a future move to a bigger club, and will in fact encourage it.

Good video on Youtube, the scout nation one, shows pretty much all of his goals and assists from last season, the thing that stands out for me is that he looks equally as good with his right foot as he is with his left, seems to be able to pass, dribble and score with both.

Someone mentioned he looks a more complete version of Ben Arfa that seems quite accurate, doesn't look as tricky but looks like he has a much better eye for goal which is something lacking with Ben Arfa I think, his finishing can be pretty bad.

Maybe I'm a sap but a couple of more signings like this (forwards, mainly) and I'll be looking forward to our games next season. Yes, the manager is a turd and the owner isn't doing things the way we would like but I'm not capable of ignoring the club. Watching us, following us, match day - it's what Saturday's/weekends are all about, and it's all very well saying that you'll get involved again when the ownership changes but what if it never does? What if the next owner is like Cellino at Leeds or Tan at Cardiff? Obviously they are extreme examples and both complete lunatics but it could happen. I can understand not wanting to fuel Ashley's fortune and I don't support him in the slightest, but the prospect of not having that match day to look forward to is unfathomable to me. In many ways, the club have me by the balls and Ashley knows that.

The Pardew thing has been done to death but it has been shown that if the players are good enough they can override his shitness, so more players of this ilk the better. In 6 months I'll no doubt be moaning that he is being played too deep/on the bench but that's future me's problem.

If Pardew is as bad as most seem to think, why is Cabella joining us? He'll have had the chance to speak at length to Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko and Cabaye. It doesn't sound like they've given him a bad reference.

As far as I'm concerned, Pardew still has something to prove, but this unrelenting negativity doesn't quite fit.

Cabaye (2.5 seasons) -> PSG (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Debuchy (1.5 seasons) -> Arsenal (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Remy (1 season) -> Liverpool/Arsenal (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Sissoko (1.5 seasons) -> ?

We tell them they can earn themselves a lucrative move to a proper club if they perform well for a year or two and get us the decent resale uplift that pays for the next player or three. We're Wigan Athletic in a bigger stadium.

It's not rocket science.

Pardew is a fucking bellend man, I assume you are too.

Remy -> Liverpool/Arsenal (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Debuchy -> Arsenal (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Cabaye -> PSG (loads of money, winning stuff and Champions League football)

Sissoko -> ?

We tell them they can earn themselves a lucrative move to a proper club if they perform well for a year or two and get us the decent resale uplift that pays for the next player or three. We're Wigan Athletic in a bigger stadium.

It's not rocket science.

Wigan Athletic won the FA Cup just over a year ago. We're nothing like them. :lol:

Because hes a fucking bullshitter, he has absolutely no shame and he will tell them everything they want to hear whether its true or not.

Pardew is a f***ing bellend man, I assume you are too.

:lol:

Maybe I'm a sap but a couple of more signings like this (forwards, mainly) and I'll be looking forward to our games next season. Yes, the manager is a turd and the owner isn't doing things the way we would like but I'm not capable of ignoring the club. Watching us, following us, match day - it's what Saturday's/weekends are all about, and it's all very well saying that you'll get involved again when the ownership changes but what if it never does? What if the next owner is like Cellino at Leeds or Tan at Cardiff? Obviously they are extreme examples and both complete lunatics but it could happen. I can understand not wanting to fuel Ashley's fortune and I don't support him in the slightest, but the prospect of not having that match day to look forward to is unfathomable to me. In many ways, the club have me by the balls and Ashley knows that.

The Pardew thing has been done to death but it has been shown that if the players are good enough they can override his shitness, so more players of this ilk the better. In 6 months I'll no doubt be moaning that he is being played too deep/on the bench but that's future me's problem.

Matchdays towards the end of last season were the pits. Days of dread then 90 minutes of wanting Newcastle to lose.

That's why I packed it in. Still feels shite but the thought of watching an Alan Pardew team feels worse. That hasn't changed. First day, I'll be hoping for a City win.

I want the best for NUFC and at present that is getting humiliated every game until he's gone.

Matchdays towards the end of last season were the pits. Days of dread then 90 minutes of wanting Newcastle to lose.

That's why I packed it in. Still feels shite but the thought of watching an Alan Pardew team feels worse. That hasn't changed. First day, I'll be hoping for a City win.

I want the best for NUFC and at present that is getting humiliated every game until he's gone.

I'm massively torn at the moment like.

I like that the players we're getting in might not be absolutely fucking loathsome and detestable to watch at the games I'll be dragging myself regrettably along too. But at the same time a lot of me hopes we lose due to the bellend in charge. I can almost tolerate Ashley as he doesn't inflict the 90 mins of pain just the background of loathing, Pardew though - no chance.

So despite Pardew ruining them as players, they'll get the move to a CL club that is eluding them at the moment.

I see.

They're either consigned to the reserves or sold as soon as they hit their stride. It's lose/lose for us as supporters.

The club has become a conveyor belt. Cabaye out one end, De Jong comes in, Cabella comes in, Debuchy goes out etc. who gives a fuck man?

All this piss and nonsense purely to keep a football club squarely mid-table and promoting a spunky sports shop chain. If others give a fuck then that's up to them.

Spot on.

Even 12 months ago people would've been far more positive about a signing like this. Staggering how much enjoyment has been drained from us this past year.

Fair points, 2014 matches have been a struggle.

I struggle with wanting us to lose, just because I dread who the replacement would be. Ashley has dug up JFK twice and tried really hard to unleash O'Leary on us. I think we'd have to be relegated for him to be sacked - if there was a guarantee Ashley and Pardew would go then I'd take it, but sadly that is not a guarantee.

I struggle with wanting us to lose, just because I dread who the replacement would be. Ashley has dug up JFK twice and tried really hard to unleash O'Leary on us. I think we'd have to be relegated for him to be sacked - if there was a guarantee Ashley and Pardew would go then I'd take it, but sadly that is not a guarantee.

How are any of those choices worse than Pardew though?  I mean he's less obviously embarrassing but as a manager he's the fucking pitts, can't think of anyone worse.

I'd sell my granny for David O'Leary tbh. I crave change, even if it's just somebody else to hate.

We're a club with a fanbase stuck in an abusive relationship - "I know he broke my arm and beat me unconscious but what will I do without him?! He loves me! *blub*"

That goes for both Pardew and Ashley.

I'm massively torn at the moment like.

I like that the players we're getting in might not be absolutely fucking loathsome and detestable to watch at the games I'll be dragging myself regrettably along too. But at the same time a lot of me hopes we lose due to the bellend in charge. I can almost tolerate Ashley as he doesn't inflict the 90 mins of pain just the background of loathing, Pardew though - no chance.

A lot of the time with Pardew I can tell at 2pm when the team is announced if I'm going to enjoy the game or not. Hopefully with a few more options that might not be so bad. I thought we played some ok stuff before Christmas, nout dazzling but like a team who were capable of finishing 7th or thereabouts. Some horror shows, as ever with Pardew, but some good away performances and the occasional home success had us well placed but then we all know what happened next. He's just a detestable cunt though who will have us seeing out games after 30 minutes with a 1 goal lead, but I love supporting this mess of a club more than I hate this arsehole.

How are any of those choices worse than Pardew though?  I mean he's less obviously embarrassing but as a manager he's the fucking pitts, can't think of anyone worse.

So you would take JFK over Pardew?

I don't like Pardew, but that is absurd. O'Leary, well, after brummie's review of him I'm pleased we avoided him. The grass isn't always greener but when your grass is covered in shit anyway beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Pardew's continuous employment is unprecedented in top flight English football while I've been alive. For a manager so bad to be employed for so long should be the biggest alarm bell for anyone who thinks the football club could care less about football.