Remy Cabella

Yaron

Kinda perplexed as to how the King is going to manifest a working central midfield out of De Jong, Cabella, Sissoko, Anita and Tiote. Can't bare the idea of another season with Gouff and Moussa as 4-4-2 wingers.

De Jong can play off a main striker and from Pardew's quotes it seems he sees him in this role so if we go for a 4 in midfield I would imaging SDJ will be the 1 in a 4-4-1-1.  Cabella will be on a wing but I can't say whether it'll be Sissoko or Gouff he displaces.

Personally i'd like to see us line up 4-3-3 but I think he'll stick to his 4-2-3-1 and line up the front six like this:

Tiote    Colback

Sissoko        SDJ          Cabella

Cisse / Gouff

Possibly Sissoko in for Colback with Cabella and Gouff on each flank but I think he'll want to play Ginger Jack, at least to start with.

Kinda perplexed as to how the King is going to manifest a working central midfield out of De Jong, Cabella, Sissoko, Anita and Tiote. Can't bare the idea of another season with Gouff and Moussa as 4-4-2 wingers.

De Jong can play off a main striker and from Pardew's quotes it seems he sees him in this role so if we go for a 4 in midfield I would imaging SDJ will be the 1 in a 4-4-1-1.  Cabella will be on a wing but I can't say whether it'll be Sissoko or Gouff he displaces.

Personally i'd like to see us line up 4-3-3 but I think he'll stick to his 4-2-3-1 and line up the front six like this:

Tiote    Colback

Cisse / Gouff

Possibly Sissoko in for Colback with Cabella and Gouff on each flank but I think he'll want to play Ginger Jack, at least to start with.

Colback, Tiote, & Cisse :anguish:

Why did we not pay 12m they wanted in january then?

Suppose we thought we could get him cheaper, in the end it wasn't working so we paid the full amount (assuming it is the full amount, some places still reporting 12m euros).

Tiote    Colback

Cisse / Gouff

I think he might start Anita v City. That way, Pardew has an excuse to drop Anita after we've lost and can keep Colback in the side after the next game.

Tiote    Colback

Cisse / Gouff

I think he might start Anita v City. That way, Pardew has an excuse to drop Anita after we've lost and can keep Colback in the side after the next game.

Will be one more chance than I expect Anita to be given. Unfortunately cant see him being a starter. Hope I am wrong. One of the bright spots of last season.

That's the only reason he still has everyone's patience. If we had signed him in summer 2012 and had only witnessed his performances from the last two seasons he wouldn't have any sympathy whatsoever. We would all love that Cisse back, but 2 years is a long time to be in such poor/average form. We can't go into the season with him as first choice, clutching at straws hoping the 11/12 Cisse returns.

That's the only reason he still has everyone's patience. If we had signed him in summer 2012 and had only witnessed his performances from the last two seasons he wouldn't have any sympathy whatsoever. We would all love that Cisse back, but 2 years is a long time to be in such poor/average form. We can't go into the season with him as first choice, clutching at straws hoping the 11/12 Cisse returns.

Keep on saying this but the service he has received over the last couple of seasons has been abysmal.

He certainly has to work hard an earn his place back in the team, which is why its so important we bring in a couple of quality strikers for the competition.

Something else I've been meaning to ask aswell do we think Gouffran will be able to do a job up front rather than shoehorned out wide? After all that is his natural position (striker), if we really do fail to sign a striker or two then maybe this is the best option going forward, he certainly looks like he wouldn't be shy of a few goals if regularly played through the middle.

I do still love Cisse. The sad thing is, him, Hatem and Remy looked dangerous as a front 3. Cisse's movement frees up a lot of space for others in that system, even if he isn't scoring.

He works hard for the team. Just wish that confidence would come back in front of goal. Needs a couple going in off his arse or elbow just to get the ball rolling..

Absolutely can't be relied on to lead us though. Which is not going to help his confidence. Seems to be something only Cisse can fix for himself..our coaches aren't likely to help him or anyone else for that matter.

One footed poacher who isn't quick, can't hold the ball up or dribble particularly well.

His movement is good but that's not enough for me, we should be aiming for someone who's a better all around player.

Keep on saying this but the service he has received over the last couple of seasons has been abysmal.

This is true, but Remy and Demba Ba managed to score goals throughout a lot of these periods where the Cisse wasn't firing. I did stick up for Cisse a lot at first and I was saying what you were saying, but he has missed a bucketload of easy chances. It's not simply down to poor service, when we signed him he was scoring with ridiculous finishes, he's not even finishing off chances that you would expect a lower league striker to finish most of the time now.

One footed poacher who isn't quick, can't hold the ball up or dribble particularly well.

His movement is good but that's not enough for me, we should be aiming for someone who's a better all around player.

Not one footed, and barely a poacher. Just scores freak goals.

He really is a poacher.

He wasn't scoring those spectacular goals anywhere else.

And hasn't scored any for damn near 2 years.

How many assist has he made over his time here?

He's an out and out goal scorer with little else to his game. If he was full of confidence and the service was good, he would bang em in.

I'm not sure that's going to change much on the basis of the signings so far. De Jong and Siemens seem more like goal scorers than providers, and we've sold one of the best crossers we had left at the club in Debuchy. I really do think Cisse looks a different player when the crosses are coming in from wide.

Agreed. All the efforts at bringing new players in will come to nothing if he's our lead striker.