Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Tickets for the home match with Wolves have sold out before reaching general online sale.

We live a few hundred miles away from Newcastle and I bring my Newcastle supporting son to 2-3 games a season and we stay over.  We've never had a problem getting tickets previously and came to the home game with City a few months ago.

Are tickets generally selling out now before they reach online general sale?

If so then I'll consider getting a membership for next season as it's never seemed worthwhile before given we only attend a few times.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

Tickets for the home match with Wolves have sold out before reaching general online sale.

We live a few hundred miles away from Newcastle and I bring my Newcastle supporting son to 2-3 games a season and we stay over.  We've never had a problem getting tickets previously and came to the home game with City a few months ago.

If so then I'll consider getting a membership for next season as it's never seemed worthwhile before given we only attend a few times.

Thanks

Some have been going to general sale, but with a limited amount left. Others not even going to general sale. A combination of us being in good form, no home game for a few weeks and it being a Friday night has seen this sell out before general sale. Should we carry on with an upward trajectory I imagine few few tickets going to general sale will be the norm.  

1 hour ago, Paulmn said:

Thanks

Yeah, if memberships are still a thing next season I think it would be advisable to get one. If the team continues to improve like we all think/hope, demand is only going to increase and there’ll probably be less and less tickets reaching general sale.

3 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

@Doctor Zaius, @SteV, @AyeDubbleYoo - Thanks for your helpful responses. 

Have their generally been lots left for recent games when they've first gone on sale to members? 

Any idea how much a membership is?  It's not on the ticket website anymore for this season.

About £40, I think.

The club need to basically limit the amount ST holders can buy to maybe 1, and the rest to members.

Regarding how many go on sale, I'd guess about 10-15k, but they're going more or less straight away atm. Hence why so many are shitting their kegs about getting a ST for next year :lol:

5 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

@Doctor Zaius, @SteV, @AyeDubbleYoo - Thanks for your helpful responses. 

Have their generally been lots left for recent games when they've first gone on sale to members? 

Any idea how much a membership is?  It's not on the ticket website anymore for this season.

Tbh, I’m not sure what they’ll be doing in relation to memberships next season. They said they would be looking to revamp the ticketing system (or words to that effect) going forward, so might be something new in place for next season.

That’s guesswork on my part mind, I don’t actually know anything, and I haven’t seen any substantive rumours about what, if anything, they’ll do.

9 hours ago, huss9 said:

i'm a season ticket holder and i dont think we should be allowed to buy extra tickets.

should go straight to general public sale. not even sure about this "members" lark. 

Tbh, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the situation next season.

If we assume they’ll sell somewhere in the region of 40k ST’s, take away fans and corporates off, and you’ll have something like 8k (or less) tickets available for every match. 

That number sells out straight away with anything like current demand, so no tickets would ever be available to the ‘general public’. 

If you were selling memberships, you’d probably have to cap the number anyway, so might be best just to scrap them and have a general sale free for all for every game.

That’s spoken from a ST holder’s perspective mind. If I were a current (non-ST) member I could well feel a bit different as that would probably be hindering my chances of obtaining tickets.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Season ticket holders buying extra tickets is a weird one. They already have a ticket, I don’t see why they should get any more ahead of anyone else. 

Guess it was just another advantage to encourage people to get/keep a ST.

If you’ve got mates who can only get to a limited amount of games, you can always get them a ticket. That kind of thing.

Never really been an issue in the past (apart from the odd game). Things have changed dramatically now though, so probably needs looked at.

renewed my membership in January, heading to the toon the weekend of the arsenal match (its also my stag weekend) but the last match I was at was rafas last home game against Liverpool, I remember being a member at the time but they wouldn't sell me tickets as I hadn't been to a game that season, any chance of something like that happening again ?

3 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

renewed my membership in January, heading to the toon the weekend of the arsenal match (its also my stag weekend) but the last match I was at was rafas last home game against Liverpool, I remember being a member at the time but they wouldn't sell me tickets as I hadn't been to a game that season, any chance of something like that happening again ?

I think that was more to do with Liverpool fans buying memberships in an effort to get tickets as there was a possibility that game could have been when they won the league.

They’ve stopped selling memberships now so you’ll be fine. Just make sure you know the day tickets go on sale!

It's tricky for people like me who have a Newcastle mad supporting son and can only go to 2-3 games a season because we live a long way away.  I think I'll have to get two memberships next season so we can get tickets, but it's extra cost on top of the tickets, hotel as we stay over to break the journey, cost of meals, petrol money etc.  

21 minutes ago, Paulmn said:

I noticed tickets are limited to two per supporter for next two home matches.  Does anyone know what the limit is now?

While they are on sale to members only it’s always 2 per membership.  Once it hits general sale I think it goes up to 6 per transaction.

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

While they are on sale to members only it’s always 2 per membership.  Once it hits general sale I think it goes up to 6 per transaction.

Thanks - do you know how many extra tickets season ticket holders can buy before they reach general sale?

Thanks - do you know how many extra tickets season ticket holders can buy before they reach general sale?

It’s still two. ST holders and members are effectively the same when it comes to buying home tickets.

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

It’s still two. ST holders and members are effectively the same when it comes to buying home tickets.

Thanks - so the limit on 2 per customer for next two games is exactly the same as normal?

Thanks - so the limit on 2 per customer for next two games is exactly the same as normal?

Yeah, I believe so, unless they’ve changed it, but I think it’s just a case of it being poorly worded on the site.

3 hours ago, SteV said:

Yeah, I believe so, unless they’ve changed it, but I think it’s just a case of it being poorly worded on the site.

Cheers - thanks for the response.  Just hoping now there’s less demand for a mid week night game 🤞