Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Pretty certain this will only be going to general sale after renewals 👀

Can existing ST holders buy another one under their name? Probably not.

If it is just a general sale scramble, what would increase your chances, going online or camping outside the box office? :lol:

12 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If it is just a general sale scramble, what would increase your chances, going online or camping outside the box office? :lol:

This is my dilemma.

Can you buy more than one…?

Is in person better than online?

3 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

As a member not a season ticket holder I wonder how many tickets will be made available for home matches next season

In the past when season tickets have sold out, under SBR and for 1 season under Benitez they capped sales at 44k. Allowing for 3,200 away fans that leaves 5k to go on sale game by game. I'd predict that would mean no general sale at all next season with members scrambling for those 5k tickets.

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wondering the same. I gave mine up after Rafa went but have since got it back. My daughter who went with me from being 3 yr old to about the age of 23 also chucked it. Would be good to go back together in happier times with a club with vision for a change. ST holders get 1st option to buy extra home match tickets so it's a possibility I suppose.

I feel like the fairest option would be to give early access to everybody in their database. that would include previous season ticket holders, members etc.

can't see it happening, like. It'll be a first come, first served scramble!

46 minutes ago, Toon_Crazy said:

Do we have any indication of how many season tickets might go on general sale?

Hundreds of billions!

34 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

In the past when season tickets have sold out, under SBR and for 1 season under Benitez they capped sales at 44k. Allowing for 3,200 away fans that leaves 5k to go on sale game by game. I'd predict that would mean no general sale at all next season with members scrambling for those 5k tickets.

If a ‘Membership’ exists next season. I’ve a feeling they might be overhauling the system, although that’s not based on any ITK knowledge 

1 minute ago, SteV said:

If a ‘Membership’ exists next season. I’ve a feeling they might be overhauling the system, although that’s not based on any ITK knowledge 

I can see them going down the Chelsea membership route. Stamford Bridge only holds 40k which is nowhere near enough to satisfy demand. What they do is award their members points for buying tickets as well as their season ticket holders, and members with most points get priority for match tickets and the option to buy season tickets should any become available. For example for this season they allowed members with 129+ loyalty points (their system works different to ours with more points awarded for the lesser games) to apply for a season ticket.

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Surely unless you’re in the first 30 or so then you’re better off trying online.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'd be prepared to go and queue overnight though, would you be surprised if the ticket site went down as soon as they go on sale?

26 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Have just spoken to the box office. They said there will be no priority for members and it’ll be first come first served with online and in person going live at the same time.

Be absolute carnage 😬

Had I not bought mine back this summer, I honestly think I would be in the same place I was as a kid during the 97/98 season- if not quite hoping for relegation, then at least being acutely aware that it could get me into the season ticket holding boat. I also, genuinely, think I would have enjoyed the takeover a lot less. Think most of us that grew up during the nineties attach a certain desirability, mysticism even, to season tickets, a cache to owning one- hence, possibly, that not very good book and film on the subject.

Edited by Hovagod

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'd be prepared to go and queue overnight though, would you be surprised if the ticket site went down as soon as they go on sale?

Unless they upgrade the infrastructure it will definitely fail. 

I don't even have a concrete plan to return yet but I do want to move back to Newcastle in the next couple of years, and I'm panicking now wondering if I need to buy a ST now :yikes: I transferred my old one to my dad's mate when I left ten years ago. Actually just applied for two jobs in the toon, don't think I'll get them, but wish they'd crack on so I can sort this...

Edited by Inferior Acuña

9 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Had I not bought mine back this summer, I honestly think I would be in the same place I was as a kid during the 97/98 season- if not quite hoping for relegation, then at least being acutely aware that it could get me into the season ticket holding boat. I also, genuinely, think I would have enjoyed the takeover a lot less. Think most of us that grew up during the nineties attach a certain desirability, mysticism even, to season tickets, a cache to owning one- hence, possibly, that not very good book and film on the subject.

The book's decent! :lol: