Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

But the ticket is £31 not £30. What’s stopping the club charging £5 or £10 booking fee to circumvent the £30 limit?

As long extra fee's are visible during the purchase there's nothing against that.

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve always been curious about the legality of the £1 the club charges for away tickets that are already at the agreed legal limit of £30 which virtually every game is these days. 

On another point £20 is plenty should’ve been agreed with all the clubs. £30 is still a bit of a piss take as unnecessarily expensive.

I think loyalty points for Home cup games and friendlies etc is a good idea to help newer fans build up their points.I speak as someone who has 160+ points from attending away games myself as well as helping friends or we’ll deserving fans occasionally with tickets.

Slightly concerning the size of the chunk the club is now taking for the squad and more so it’s sponsors. Apparently 800 approx for Spurs away were held back.

800?!? What the actual fuck?

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

But the ticket is £31 not £30. What’s stopping the club charging £5 or £10 booking fee to circumvent the £30 limit?

That’s only for away tickets though. So the home club is still only getting £30. You’re right though, why do we need to stick an extra quid on? It’s not just to cover postage either as it’s per ticket, even if they all arrive together.

Just now, neesy111 said:

As long extra fee's are visible during the purchase there's nothing against that.

Which proves my point as it makes a mockery of the agreement made by all the clubs.

I remember the year it came in, a lot of the clubs that used to charge £20-25 bumped their prices up to £30. Only games I gained at was Chelsea and Man Utd and maybe Spurs having to drop theirs.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Not sure that’s right like cos there was nearly 2500 available when they first went on sale on the ticket portal (unless we were given 3300?)

In that update the Trust put out yesterday they said the club said the allocation for players/staff/corporate was still 10%. Not sure about that like 🤷🏽‍♂️

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

That’s only for away tickets though. So the home club is still only getting £30. You’re right though, why do we need to stick an extra quid on? It’s not just to cover postage either as it’s per ticket, even if they all arrive together.

That’s why I’ve always wondered about it. Do other clubs charge extra per away ticket?

8 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I’m sure I read that somewhere yesterday either on here somewhere or being discussed on SM. 

I know someone in the ticket section also queried the amount that was put on sale compared to allocation 🤷‍♂️ 

One thing I will say about the loyalty points issue - I do feel like the Trust completely misled thousands in 2019 with the loyalty point retention scheme. I know me, my friends and family who cancelled with generally at least 80+ each, done it with a massively heavy heart but had full confidence in the Trust to approach new owners as per their website. I'd even go as far as saying many probably wouldn't have cancelled if not for this scheme. For those not familiar with the scheme; https://nufctrust.co.uk/loyalty-points/ . As you can see, a clear plan on what they were going to do. No ifs/buts/or votes. 

That being said, I knew the risks upon cancellation so can have no complaints, I just think it was a quick way to gain a spike in membership for the Trust. My guess would be they're going to put this to a vote as per their latest email, and will shot down quick as fuck by many.

Edited by Chicken Dancer

13 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

One thing I will say about the loyalty points issue - I do feel like the Trust completely misled thousands in 2019 with the loyalty point retention scheme. I know me, my friends and family who cancelled with generally at least 80+ each, done it with a massively heavy heart but had full confidence in the Trust to approach new owners as per their website. I'd even go as far as saying many probably wouldn't have cancelled if not for this scheme. For those not familiar with the scheme; https://nufctrust.co.uk/loyalty-points/ . As you can see, a clear plan on what they were going to do. No ifs/buts/or votes. 

That being said, I knew the risks upon cancellation so can have no complaints, I just think it was a quick way to gain a spike in membership for the Trust. My guess would be they're going to put this to a vote as per their latest email, and will shot down quick as fuck by many.

Can’t see how you’ve been misled after reading that link. Also there’s nothing been said to say they aren’t doing this. Since the new owners have arrived there hasn’t been a single season ticket. In fact the new owners via the NUST seemed to of made noises that ST’s won’t be sold on the normal first come first served basis so maybe something is in the pipeline with regards to those with proof of Loyalty Points given to the NUST. Have you asked them?

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Can’t see how you’ve been misled after reading that link. Also there’s nothing been said to say they aren’t doing this. Since the new owners have arrived there hasn’t been a single season ticket. In fact the new owners via the NUST seemed to of made noises that ST’s won’t be sold on the normal first come first served basis so maybe something is in the pipeline with regards to those with proof of Loyalty Points given to the NUST. Have you asked them?

Hi mate. Yeah I've spoken to a few of them (via socials) and the most recent reply I had was 'we will think about this and potentially look to put it to our members'. I probably should have put that in my original post though.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong to be honest, and apologies if so. But if they do as they have said on the website, I'll be shocked.

EDIT: I do think recent backlash on Twitter etc from those who've retained tickets and the attitude towards those who cancelled has had an impact on this scheme. But that's just a hunch.

Edited by Chicken Dancer

19 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, I've benefitted from using my dad's account who is a ST holder to buy my old seat next to him for the home games I've come back up for. I think members should get priority if there's a scheme in place and there is. ST holders become members automatically as the membership cost is included in the ST. Unless they charge for a membership for general sale tickets so ST holders have to buy it as well, I don't know what they can change there.

What they can change is allowing ST holders priority access to buy additional tickets by not automatically making them members. If we're trying to get to as 'fair' a system as possible it's an easy win IMO.

5 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Hi mate. Yeah I've spoken to a few of them (via socials) and the most recent reply I had was 'we will think about this and potentially look to put it to our members'. I probably should have put that in my original post though.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong to be honest, and apologies if so. But if they do as they have said on the website, I'll be shocked.

EDIT: I do think recent backlash on Twitter etc from those who've retained tickets and the attitude towards those who cancelled has had an impact on this scheme. But that's just a hunch.

They can only propose it to the club at the end of the day but if it’s the majority will of it’s members then it will and any SM backlash is irrelevant. I wish you luck as I know many people in a similar boat as you, some as prominent as NUST and WorFlag members, genuine fans like yourself who simply thought enough was enough last summer.

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

They can only propose it to the club at the end of the day but if it’s the majority will of it’s members then it will and any SM backlash is irrelevant. I wish you luck as I know many people in a similar boat as you, some as prominent as NUST and WorFlag members, genuine fans like yourself who simply thought enough was enough last summer.

Thanks mate. Fingers crossed. Just really pisses me off seeing fans having a pop at each other when we really have all we’ve ever wanted now. Just enjoy it. But we will see!

Agree that selling STs with any kind of priority will have people complaining one way or another.

But surely it’s easy to give people their loyalty points back if they get a season ticket again or become a member. Who would complain about that? When I login online I can see my loyalty points and how many were removed. 

When I gave up my season ticket (when Rafa left, had it for 20+ years with 145 loyalty points) one of the reasons I did was because NUST assured us that they would approach any new owners to try to get loyalty points back for those who took a stand against Ashley. I could honestly cry that I’m going to be back at 0 points and may even struggle to get a season ticket. I’ve given up nearly every Saturday for 20 years to follow the team and now I’m back of the queue.

I understand the “you knew the risks” craic but it’s just bollocks to me. I genuinely don’t think Ashley sells if 10,000 seats weren’t empty. Don’t forget it’s more than 10,000 who sacked it off because he also had to increase the family section from 1,000 seats to 10,000, with cheap tickets for kids. So it’s more in the region of 20k who sacked it off.

I think the whole notion that those who boycotted were not “loyal” and therefore should go to the back of the queue is the worst thing for me. I know a lad who bought a season ticket for the first time this year and has bought 5 away tickets and sold them all on. He has no intention of going to aways but wants a ticket to the European aways when they come back. 

It’s not as if those wanting to come back are asking to skip the queue, we’re just hoping to not be penalised for trying to force Ashley out.

The system is flawed, so many people with points buy away tickets for others to accrue points without attending. I think keeping a fraction of tickets back for an open ballot is probably a reasonable idea. Maybe 20%. The concept of deserving tickets now because you went in the past is a strange one anyway. You could just as reasonably make the argument that someone who’s been 10 times this season already is less deserving than someone who hasn’t had the opportunity but would love to experience an away day.

FWIW I don’t have much skin in the game as I’ve no desire to go away regularly and if I do want to go guess where I’d get a ticket? A colleague with points already accrued.

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

When I gave up my season ticket (when Rafa left, had it for 20+ years with 145 loyalty points) one of the reasons I did was because NUST assured us that they would approach any new owners to try to get loyalty points back for those who took a stand against Ashley. I could honestly cry that I’m going to be back at 0 points and may even struggle to get a season ticket. I’ve given up nearly every Saturday for 20 years to follow the team and now I’m back of the queue.

I understand the “you knew the risks” craic but it’s just bollocks to me. I genuinely don’t think Ashley sells if 10,000 seats weren’t empty. Don’t forget it’s more than 10,000 who sacked it off because he also had to increase the family section from 1,000 seats to 10,000, with cheap tickets for kids. So it’s more in the region of 20k who sacked it off.

I think the whole notion that those who boycotted were not “loyal” and therefore should go to the back of the queue is the worst thing for me. I know a lad who bought a season ticket for the first time this year and has bought 5 away tickets and sold them all on. He has no intention of going to aways but wants a ticket to the European aways when they come back. 

It’s not as if those wanting to come back are asking to skip the queue, we’re just hoping to not be penalised for trying to force Ashley out.

Whilst I don’t think anyone could read that and suggest you’re not ‘deserving’ (for want want of a more appropriate word) of getting back what you had, at least in some capacity, the issue is going to be where do they draw the line?

There’ll be similar stories from people who wrapped in after the KK fiasco, the latter stages of Pardew, etc.

Even if it were limited to those who walked away when Rafa went, I’m not sure there’d be enough ST’s available to cover everyone wanting to come back.

It’s a sad situation, entirely of Mike Ashley’s making, and I hope they can come up with something for people like yourself, sadly I just can’t see it.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Whilst I don’t think anyone could read that and suggest you’re not ‘deserving’ (for want want of a more appropriate word) of getting back what you had, at least in some capacity, the issue is going to be where do they draw the line?

There’ll be similar stories from people who wrapped in after the KK fiasco, the latter stages of Pardew, etc.

Even if it were limited to those who walked away when Rafa went, I’m not sure there’d be enough ST’s available to cover everyone wanting to come back.

It’s a sad situation, entirely of Mike Ashley’s making, and I hope they can come up with something for people like yourself, sadly I just can’t see it.

This is the problem. 

I think the only fair way is general sale. But I really think it should be in person only. Anybody can sit at a computer 1 minute before 10am and be lucky enough to get through first.

Queuing up in person is a different kind of gravy and should be rewarded imo.

Guest HTT II

I sympathise with anyone who jacked it in and lost their points etc. Again I criticised those who kept going under Ashley, but someone like me is the least deserving of a ST/my points back over those that kept buying a ST having jacked it all in. Hopefully the club will establish a sensible and fair scheme, it’s gonna be tough to please everyone though, such is the demand…

For me, the scheme should work as per the below:

5 Points per season ticket

2 Points per away ticket

1 point per home ticket

You have to be a member to accrue points.

All tickets go to season ticket holders, then members, then general sale. All games have a percentage for each bracket, with the largest being Season tickets (say 90%,5 and 5 for members and general sale) .

That way the vast majority of your 'loyalist' are rewarded with priority and those new starters have a chance to at least go and/or build up their own points.

The notion that those who gave up specifically to oust Ashley are 'plastics' is a horrendous take, and very short sighted. I agree that those who left helped oust Ashley, I also have the view that those who stayed helped us sell the club by making it appear desperate yet desirable (despite holding the view they should have all sacked it off in protest). 

I don't get our fans on social media though, it seems no one is really EXPECTING a change, they simply WANT it. Rightly so, I lost around 80 loyalty points too, and now have 'holier than thou', superfan types laughing at me. Yet I'm spending a fortune paying for every home game individually now. I stood outside in pissing rain, carried flyers and posters, led protests, etc. Etc. All to make a difference, and actually do something about my club instead of, what could be perceived as being complicit in it's demise.

I don't see many 'whinging' on social media but there seems to be plenty taking the piss from elevated positions. It's like our fans have ran out of things to bicker about, no one cares about any of the fan groups anymore apart from maybe Wor Flags because we're in a new era of positivity, so all that's left to attack is one another.

That's the thing though all views are polarised these days and there's no room for sensible discussion. Absurd. 

Edited by Heron

The problem is...what's the difference between wanting to force Ashley out and just getting tired of how shit it was. Being perfectly honest I gave up my ticket because I was just bored of the entire thing. It was nothing more noble than that, but if a season ticket rested on it of course I would claim otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

The problem is...what's the difference between wanting to force Ashley out and just getting tired of how shit it was. Being perfectly honest I gave up my ticket because I was just bored of the entire thing. It was nothing more noble than that, but if a season ticket rested on it of course I would claim otherwise.

Exactly, and frankly not many protested any other way other than stopping going, which blurs the lines, especially as not going is the largest form of protest, depending on the reasoning. 

i'm back now, minus my 182 loyalty points but while i hoped it would help get Ashley out, i really just stopped because we'd turned into an aimless club, happy to simply fulfil fixtures and make the numbers up. Why play sport with no intention to at least be the best you can be? Getting on a bit now so not as much desire as i once had to get to away games etc, in fact although we are recovering, the Ashley era has made me lose a lot of the passion i once had. i'll be surprised if i ever get that back TBH but still hard to take to know i'll have to beg for help with tickets for key games from now on.