Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

On 17/02/2022 at 16:38, Scoot said:

I finished paying for this seasons season ticket on the 5th of this month. So I'm assuming I'll hear from the club in the near future as to when my payments for next season start...

I bought it in August purely on the hope the takeover went through. I never attended a game this season until the takeover went through. A £659 gamble, but the best gamble I've ever took. 

Same. Although I did go, mainly just to hurl abuse at butter boy in the dugout.

I’ve used my ST to help friends out with tickets and it’s mad seeing how little options there are now. I’ve had to buy whatever I can get. When my old man and I got our STs last summer, while there weren’t two together in every row, you could go in whichever block in whichever stand you wanted.

11 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Interesting update from the Trust on how many supports hold loyalty points.

2000 fans have 100+ Loyalty points 

Is that all? I've got 139. They can piss off If they're thinking about changing it. I have barely get to 2 or 3 a season the last few years. Heard a few whinging saying it should be done over a 2 yearly period. Fuck that.

42 minutes ago, jack j said:

Is that all? I've got 139. They can piss off If they're thinking about changing it. I have barely get to 2 or 3 a season the last few years. Heard a few whinging saying it should be done over a 2 yearly period. Fuck that.

No chance, its fair the way it is and that's coming from me with 30 loyalty points.

Edited by Scoot

You only need to look at other clubs various different  ‘points’ systems to see no one system is anywhere close to perfect. However you do it there’s always ways certain people can ‘game’ it slightly to put themselves in a better position. 

If they were to change/alter it in some way, I guarantee within a season you would have exactly the same number of complaints, just of a slightly different nature.

Definitely take it all on board, but I just think the current demand levels will only increase, meaning younger generations of fans have no chance of building up the points tally in order to go to any away games in the future. I think long gone are the days away matches will fall to 0, and when people buy them for others, it does make it a tad unfair. Like I said in earlier post, it's hard for me to have a problem with that, given I've benefitted from the system for so long, however I do understand the perspective of those who'd like the chance to accumulate points. I have a mate who has over 200pts, has bought an away ticket for basically every game for years, but the Brentford game was the only one he attended since 16/17 (Leeds away).

I think keep it as it is whilst giving a small % of away tickets in a ballot for those under the threshold would keep it fair, whilst also giving younger generations the chance to build up points for the future.

14 hours ago, SteV said:

Demand is on it’s way back towards peak-Keegan days.

Don’t even think Wolves will make general sale, that generally only ever happens with games against the mackems, Man Utd or Liverpool (unless there’s particularly attractive circumstances around another game).

Wolves is effectively a run-of-the-mill league game live on TV (maybe there’s a ‘Friday night’ novelty factor) and it’s going to be sold out a month in advance.

There is always extra interest in evening games, happened with Everton, too. One thing they definitely need to get rid of is ST holders getting priority on buying extra tickets, that's ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Definitely take it all on board, but I just think the current demand levels will only increase, meaning younger generations of fans have no chance of building up the points tally in order to go to any away games in the future. I think long gone are the days away matches will fall to 0, and when people buy them for others, it does make it a tad unfair. Like I said in earlier post, it's hard for me to have a problem with that, given I've benefitted from the system for so long, however I do understand the perspective of those who'd like the chance to accumulate points. I have a mate who has over 200pts, has bought an away ticket for basically every game for years, but the Brentford game was the only one he attended since 16/17 (Leeds away).

I think keep it as it is whilst giving a small % of away tickets in a ballot for those under the threshold would keep it fair, whilst also giving younger generations the chance to build up points for the future.

If it does get to a point where literally no game ever goes down to 0 points, then I would agree something (no idea what) would need to be done, as you can’t have kids never getting the chance to go to away games (unless buying off someone else). 

I will say though that although demand is going crazy and will only continue to go up, there will come a point where it plateaus. For example, if we’re away at Madrid in the CL on a Wednesday, then got Norwich away on the Sunday, what would demand for Norwich be like?

3 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

There is always extra interest in evening games, happened with Everton, too. One thing they definitely need to get rid of is ST holders getting priority on buying extra tickets, that's ridiculous.

I do agree with that actually. Although I use it myself as a ST holder, I don’t think it’s particularly fair tbh.

10 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

There should be an expiry of points imo but I'm talking about over 10 years for example.

Used to regularly come into contact via work with a season ticket holder at Anfield since the early 90s. He openly admitted he never really went any more and preferred to watch Penrith (his hometown), but he kept the ST on for the big games. Said he could just give it away/somehow sell the ticket match by match, season by season. He was in the Metropolitano for the 2019 Champions League final. He basically only wanted it for the iconic moments. Doesn't sit right with me, that.

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

If it does get to a point where literally no game ever goes down to 0 points, then I would agree something (no idea what) would need to be done, as you can’t have kids never getting the chance to go to away games (unless buying off someone else). 

I will say though that although demand is going crazy and will only continue to go up, there will come a point where it plateaus. For example, if we’re away at Madrid in the CL on a Wednesday, then got Norwich away on the Sunday, what would demand for Norwich be like?

Yes, probably true. But I honestly think because of what's been 14 years of nothing, the slightest hint of ambition as shown now as seen demand soar to levels beyond what I expected. We really could sell SJP @ 70k + I think.

I have a 4 year old son, and going to my first away game at 11, I'd hate to think he will never have the chance as people are just buying in bulk which will prevent it. I agree the system is fair as probably can be, but there has to be some form of scheme to allow others to build them up.

Also think the points should cap at 200 or something.

To be fair like if there is only 2k with over 100 then they could be able to ballot a certain amount for most aways if it does start becoming a closed shop

I do see the point of view of up and coming fans not getting a chance to build their points up if it doesn't drop to zero but why should I lose mine just because my circumstances have changed. Having kids etc means a can only do a few a season now not 15/16s. Remember when a was a youngun and couldn't get one for the 4-1 derby at the sos. Was tough shit. Been plenty opportunities for season ticket holders to build their points over the last few years

It's such an awkward one as to be honest it probably is fair as it is, but it's definitely created an elitist mentality in some of our fan base which isn't fair.

Everyone who has kept going over the last 10 years etc should have priority. However, personally, I had a season ticket from 2009 to 2019, I accumulated 104 points, gave it in after Rafa left, got one back this season on a whim as after Covid wanted to reconnect with "the old life" as such, now sit on 7 points, so basically can't get anywhere now. It just doesn't sit right that because I didn't have a season ticket for one season, all those years of going everywhere, through some fucking grim times, now stands for absolutely nothing and someone who say only got a season ticket in 19/20 has more points than me and is classed as more loyal in the system.

I knew what I was giving in when I jacked it in though, and obviously if you start giving people back their points how far back do you go? So I accept the system is "fair" now, but its a shame people like me are now locked out of away games despite going everywhere for the last 13 odd years. I'm not sure anything will change but I do like potentially keeping 10% of tickets back for a ballot for season ticket holders with zero/a few points, but again that won't sit well with everyone.

Edited by NUFCDoog

Guest HTT II

I jacked mine in after KK left, and as much as I criticised fans for still going under Ashley, fair play, they deserve priority over tickets home and away than someone like me, and I’m happy with that as I can’t be chewed with the whole going to the match every weekend unless it’s the odd one off. I’ll stick to being a 2022er watching games on telly!

Before Leeds away, I saw someone on Twitter saying he was all sorted through his "away season ticket". People naturally replied asking what he was on about, to which he said he and a select few with more than 200 points were offered it in the early 2000s. The idea got canned, so no more have been offered but it's still going for those who continue to renew. Is that right?

I think if they went down the ‘10% ballot’ route, they’d probably have to open it up to all ST holders on less points than whatever the original 90% sold out at. 

So if 90% of tickets sell out at 50 points, everyone on less than 50 points can enter the ballot.

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Before Leeds away, I saw someone on Twitter saying he was all sorted through his "away season ticket". People naturally replied asking what he was on about, to which he said he and a select few with more than 200 points were offered it in the early 2000s. The idea got canned, so no more have been offered but it's still going for those who continue to renew. Is that right?

Apparently so, although someone told me there’s only 80-90 fans left with an ‘Away ST’

12 minutes ago, jack j said:

To be fair like if there is only 2k with over 100 then they could be able to ballot a certain amount for most aways if it does start becoming a closed shop

I do see the point of view of up and coming fans not getting a chance to build their points up if it doesn't drop to zero but why should I lose mine just because my circumstances have changed. Having kids etc means a can only do a few a season now not 15/16s. Remember when a was a youngun and couldn't get one for the 4-1 derby at the sos. Was tough shit. Been plenty opportunities for season ticket holders to build their points over the last few years

I definitely don't think you should lose them mate, at all. You deserve them. 

But others should be given opportunity to build them up in some way.

27 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Used to regularly come into contact via work with a season ticket holder at Anfield since the early 90s. He openly admitted he never really went any more and preferred to watch Penrith (his hometown), but he kept the ST on for the big games. Said he could just give it away/somehow sell the ticket match by match, season by season. He was in the Metropolitano for the 2019 Champions League final. He basically only wanted it for the iconic moments. Doesn't sit right with me, that.

I know what you mean. However, I live abroad and keep a season ticket so I can use it easily whenever I am back to get into games. When I am not using it I give it to family or sell it on here for below face value.

I have been outisde of the North East since 2005, and the only time I didn't do this was the 2019-2020 season. That was the year Ashley gave away ten thousand tickets. I won't blame anybody who took him up on that- obviously- but, when I consider that I ended up paying 120 quid to get into the Palace, Everton and Leicester games that Christmas (agg: 2-5), I don't feel especially bad about ensuring I can still get into games whenever I can. 

5 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I definitely don't think you should lose them mate, at all. You deserve them. 

But others should be given opportunity to build them up in some way.

Aye I agree. Probably need to set a certain amount to one side for that to happen. That will cause its own grief. I'd be gutted if it was the 16 year old me in that position. However i don't think it's people being elitist as someone said above, Alot of people who kept season tickets on got some amount of abuse let's not forget.....

Guest HTT II
23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

One change I'd make to the points system is awarding a point for any home cup ticket bought. Gives incentive for big gates in the early rounds and allows people on 0 points to get off the ground.

And more if you buy extra cup tickets for kids.