Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

I have been kicked out of the family area. Apparently I need to accompany a child despite being a student and getting the half season ticket in December under the same circumstances. Also my mate and pimento of others are in similar positions and never get called out. Surely being a student would be included as the criteria for the family area.

Why should a university student be in the family area?

Even more concerning is why a pepper appears to have it's own ST.

I have been kicked out of the family area. Apparently I need to accompany a child despite being a student and getting the half season ticket in December under the same circumstances. Also my mate and plenty of others are in similar positions and never get called out. Surely being a student would be included as the criteria for the family area.

I've also been booted out the family area.

I'm going into Strawberry corner next season. Paid for it back in March.

I have been kicked out of the family area. Apparently I need to accompany a child despite being a student and getting the half season ticket in December under the same circumstances. Also my mate and pimento of others are in similar positions and never get called out. Surely being a student would be included as the criteria for the family area.

Because they are young adults?

My main gripe is that others who are on automatically renewal don't get called out. Last season I sat next to some bloke and his son who was clearly over 18, the other side of me was two middle aged people, non of them had a kid with with them. So either they are being allowed to keep their tickets despite their age, or they have a child's season ticket and using that to get an adult in.

My question is why was I allowed in there in the first place when now 6 months later I have been kicked out deposited there being no change in circumstances?

In all honesty I'm not that bothered as I've been moved to a similar area of the ground with only a small increase in price and hopefully I won't be surrounded by radgies.

:lol: That's terrible.

:lol: That's terrible.

Pimento has own season ticket shocker!  In the family area no less!

My main gripe is that others who are on automatically renewal don't get called out. Last season I sat next to some bloke and his son who was clearly over 18, the other side of me was two middle aged people, non of them had a kid with with them. So either they are being allowed to keep their tickets despite their age, or they have a child's season ticket and using that to get an adult in.

My question is why was I allowed in there in the first place when now 6 months later I have been kicked out deposited there being no change in circumstances?

In all honesty I'm not that bothered as I've been moved to a similar area of the ground with only a small increase in price and hopefully I won't be surrounded by radgies.

Probably because it was a half season ticket and they just wanted to fill some available seats. Now it's a new season and they are making those seats available to family first. Also, I don't know what the exact terms of the fmaily area are, but I don't think it's unreasonable that a person 18+ who isn't sat with family is being asked to move out. 'Young adult' surely doesn't make you automatically eligible for the family area, otherwise half the crowd would be eligible.

Probably because it was a half season ticket and they just wanted to fill some available seats. Now it's a new season and they are making those seats available to family first.

Should have still placed me to available seats elsewhere. People who arn't renewing still have another couple of weeks to change their mind, so the seats shown to me today would have been available back in December.

Probably because it was a half season ticket and they just wanted to fill some available seats. Now it's a new season and they are making those seats available to family first.

Should have still placed me to available seats elsewhere. People who arn't renewing still have another couple of weeks to change their mind, so the seats shown to me today would have been available back in December.

Shouldn't you just be glad that you had half a season at a reduced price rather than complaining?

Man and his son who sit next to me have been told they have to move out of the family areas as well.

They've sat there for about 8 years now but the son has now left university and has just turned 23 so have been told they have to move.

When they first made Milburn Level 7 a family area though they told us people who already sat there that we could stay where we were and pay £600 like normal or if we decided to bring a child we could stay and pay £300 per adult and £100 per child. No brainer for me to start taking the bairn at the time.

Man and his son who sit next to me have been told they have to move out of the family areas as well.

They've sat there for about 8 years now but the son has now left university and has just turned 23 so have been told they have to move.

When they first made Milburn Level 7 a family area though they told us people who already sat there that we could stay where we were and pay £600 like normal or if we decided to bring a child we could stay and pay £300 per adult and £100 per child. No brainer for me to start taking the bairn at the time.

Sounds like they are clamping down on it all then, which was a point I was trying to make.

Is the correct answer. My son got his when he was about 12 and still sits in the same seat (with his mother :D). He's now 22. The only change was just before his 19th birthday it went from £12ish to £27. Looking to get seats next to some mates somewhere in the Gallowgate if he can. Mother, 50 something pays the same so different to the post above this one.

Is there any age check on season tickets these days? I know my Sunderland fan mates have been buying kids tickets for years, can you do that at SJP?

When you go through the turnstile if you have an adult ticket it flashes green. If you have a kids ticket or an OAP or whatever does it not flash yellow? I've definitely seen it flash yellow and i know mine flashes green when i go through.

Is there any age check on season tickets these days? I know my Sunderland fan mates have been buying kids tickets for years, can you do that at SJP?

When you go through the turnstile if you have an adult ticket it flashes green. If you have a kids ticket or an OAP or whatever does it not flash yellow? I've definitely seen it flash yellow and i know mine flashes green when i go through.

Means fuck all though as the guy behind the turnstile can't see it, even if that is the case. Most of them are too busy talking to take any notice.

Means f*** all though as the guy behind the turnstile can't see it, even if that is the case. Most of them are too busy talking to take any notice.

Surely they'll have the same light on the other side though. :lol:

The ST form now asks for proof of age, via ID such as a birth certificate.

I'd imagine they're starting to crack down on it.

Students are only being allowed to renew in person at the box office, with correct student ID.

Renewed today and wasn't asked for ID.

Students are only being allowed to renew in person at the box office, with correct student ID.

Are you paying a student price? Maybe they'll contact you in a few weeks to ask for it.

Students

Supporters eligible for student prices will need to visit the St. James’ Park Box Office in person to renew a season ticket.

Students are required to bring supporting documentation with them to confirm their student status.

Are you paying a student price? Maybe they'll contact you in a few weeks to ask for it.

Students

Supporters eligible for student prices will need to visit the St. James’ Park Box Office in person to renew a season ticket.

Students are required to bring supporting documentation with them to confirm their student status.

I doubt it, first payments are due in a couple of weeks. As the email said students had to go up and confirm their status, all I did was say I was a student, I wasn't asked for ID. I did give them my ID when I first got my season ticket in December though, so it's possibly that they are just safely assuming I'm still a student.