Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 12/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 41

BlueStar

It was also alarming, IMO, how much better Ben Arfa was than pretty much anyone else on your team when he came on.

Not in Pardews opinion unfortunately.

My Dad watched the game with me and he was saying to me

"how the hell is a player that talented just sat on your bench till the last 10 minutes"

He doesn't know my pain :(

I wonder what the man city fans thought of james milners goal at old trafford, the one when carlos tevez was stood directly in the keepers line of sight. on that occasion they argued that tavez wasn't interefering with play. ity's youtubeable for anyone that wants to watch.

It was also alarming, IMO, how much better Ben Arfa was than pretty much anyone else on your team when he came on.

Not in Pardews opinion unfortunately.

My Dad watched the game with me and he was saying to me

"how the hell is a player that talented just sat on your bench till the last 10 minutes"

He doesn't know my pain :(

And it seems like Pardew's deluded opinion on HBA is working as many fans are seemingly okay with the most talented attacking player we have rotting on the bench.

Canny annoying how the media can't talk about our goal without talking about the Mapou incident, as if they're somehow the same level of importance.

It's because the media are complicit in the bias towards the 'big' teams. They'll do anything possible to brush this under the carpet and it looks like they've got away with it. Theres not even been any serious debate about the manner in which the goal was ruled out. An incorrect decision is one thing, but this was something else entirely.

Guest reefatoon

The Mapou tackle/pardew outburst have been given ludicrously OTT coverage. Pathetic stuff IMO

Totally agree. It's embarrassing now but also completely expected.  It was so obvious the media would ignore the offside goal and make non stories from Pardew swearing and Mbiwa tackle, as it was against one of the "big clubs".  The thing is, those two events all stem from the complete lack of officiating that went on prior on the pitch.

Our pisspoor ITV regional news programme, which nowadays carries about 5 minutes of local news and is then padded out with generic nonsense, was just as bad last night.  Hardly surprising when their sports presenter was seen joyously celebrating Sunderland's derby win a few seasons back.  Their thinly veiled pro Sunderland agenda (and consequently as anti-Newcastle as they can feasibly be) had them bigging up our neighbours for no longer being clear bottom last night, and of course celebrated the greatest hat trick in living memory, conveniently omitting any lead up to the goals which would have exposed clear diving. The Newcastle report then focused mainly on Pardew's rant with the disallowed goal and that tackle getting roughly equal coverage thereafter.

But an unusually animated Pellegrini said: "If that is the rule of offside we will never have a player offside because other teams can make a wall for every free-kick inside the six-yard box, allow the goalkeeper to see the ball and when the kick is taken they move, they jump, they duck, they step aside.

"I am surprised that someone can say that was not an offside, that's incredible. At the beginning of the season the rules on offside changed and a lot of teams put players in front of the goalkeeper, allow him to see the ball but always be standing there, and the referees said that was offside.

"If you have three players and one moves and steps aside so the ball doesn't hit him, I don't understand how one person can say that's not offside."

He added: "It was an unfair kick and he didn't need to do it. He just tried to make a foul to stop the counter attack and that is normal but the second kick was unfair and too high also. He didn't need to do it."

And he said that Nasri is still fuming, explaining: "Of course he's very upset because he has to stop at this moment for six weeks with a serious injury."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1681615/referee-correct-disallow-newcastle-goal?cc=4716

Guest Roger Kint

But an unusually animated Pellegrini said: "If that is the rule of offside we will never have a player offside because other teams can make a wall for every free-kick inside the six-yard box, allow the goalkeeper to see the ball and when the kick is taken they move, they jump, they duck, they step aside.

"I am surprised that someone can say that was not an offside, that's incredible. At the beginning of the season the rules on offside changed and a lot of teams put players in front of the goalkeeper, allow him to see the ball but always be standing there, and the referees said that was offside.

"If you have three players and one moves and steps aside so the ball doesn't hit him, I don't understand how one person can say that's not offside."

He added: "It was an unfair kick and he didn't need to do it. He just tried to make a foul to stop the counter attack and that is normal but the second kick was unfair and too high also. He didn't need to do it."

And he said that Nasri is still fuming, explaining: "Of course he's very upset because he has to stop at this moment for six weeks with a serious injury."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1681615/referee-correct-disallow-newcastle-goal?cc=4716

Pardew was right  :hmm:

I hate to say this, but I can see the arguement here: `Had Gouffran not ducked, the shot would have hit him.. making it offside. `  By ducking he was interfering with play by distracting the goal keeper.

IF gouff handt been standing in the flight of the ball, then the goal was legit.  or at least jones would had to find another excuse to earn his 100k. city pay bonus.

I hate to say this, but I can see the arguement here: `Had Gouffran not ducked, the shot would have hit him.. making it offside. `  By ducking he was interfering with play by distracting the goal keeper.

IF gouff handt been standing in the flight of the ball, then the goal was legit.  or at least jones would had to find another excuse to earn his 100k. city pay bonus.

It's definitely debatable, up to the ref to form an opinion. There's no definitive answer to these unfortunately.

The goal was legit though.

"Interfering with an opponent is defined as: preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball.

"For example, by clearly obstructing the goalkeeper's line vision or movement.

"It was a tough call but the goal that was disallowed does not meet the criteria to disallow the goal. Technically, it should have stood. That is the law."

Guest Haris Vuckic

The jeans are areet, f*** knas what he's playing at with the top and the hat though.  Should ask for a refund on his face n'all.

They look like something han solo might wear  :lol: