West Ham 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 18/01/2014 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Neil

Guest bimpy474

I love hatem but he was terrible. What's more, he didn't look arsed which is unusual.

Not surprised tbh he knows even if he has a blinder he's back on the bench next game.It's pathetic.

Also don't agree with people saying he was terrible, not that I think he was good...just think it's unfair to make any judgement till he's given more than 10/15mins.

His morale must be rock bottom now and I'm fairly sure he'll follow Cabaye out the door.  Mostly down to our managers stupidity/inability to find him a role.

Ben Arfa hasn't had a blinder in a while. It's hard to justify giving him any more time on the pitch at the moment.

How is he to find form if he doesn't get time, catch 22 i suppose.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

By the way I just noticed that we've already won 3 times in London. Even in the season when we finished 5th we could only manage at best a draw there.  :lol:

Tbf Palace and Wham weren't in the league that season :lol:

QPR and Fulham can't be classed as difficult fixtures though  :lol:

I love hatem but he was terrible. What's more, he didn't look arsed which is unusual.

Not surprised tbh he knows even if he has a blinder he's back on the bench next game.It's pathetic.

Also don't agree with people saying he was terrible, not that I think he was good...just think it's unfair to make any judgement till he's given more than 10/15mins.

His morale must be rock bottom now and I'm fairly sure he'll follow Cabaye out the door.  Mostly down to our managers stupidity/inability to find him a role.

Ben Arfa hasn't had a blinder in a while. It's hard to justify giving him any more time on the pitch at the moment.

:jesuswept:

What? He needs to make the most of the time he does get on the pitch. His recent cameos have been poor. He's not done anything to suggest we should rejig the side to accommodate him.

Guest bimpy474

By the way I just noticed that we've already won 3 times in London. Even in the season when we finished 5th we could only manage at best a draw there.  :lol:

Tbf Palace and Wham weren't in the league that season :lol:

QPR and Fulham can't be classed as difficult fixtures though  :lol:

We won at Q.P.R though like :lol:. Argh Fulham....why we always so poo there :(

What? He needs to make the most of the time he does get on the pitch. His recent cameos have been poor. He's not done anything to suggest we should rejig the side to accommodate him.

Does he need to take on the entire team and score a goal every time he's on the pitch? He won the free kick for our last goal yesterday. How many 'blinders' have Sissoko and Gouffran played recently? He's judged on a completely different scale to the rest of our players. It hardly helps him when he's getting subbed on last so he's coming on in a weakened team too.

Guest neesy111

Really do hate this you can't criticise Ben Arfa at all viewpoint.

Its hard to justify any of Pardew's decisions either but hey here we are.

It's not really considering, y'know, we won yesterday and we're top 8 in the league.

Still doesn't make him above criticism considering we just lost 4 in a row and lost in the cup.

Don't understand what Hatem is supposed to do with 10-15 mins every game.

Merlin - I'd love to keep Cabaye and have a good go at the top 4, but it's not gonna happen under Ashley. The lad is all set up to have a great 2nd half of the season, ahead of the World Cup. If he wants to move on in the summer, then we are gonna have to let him go. It's not a lack of ambition on the part of the fans - it's more the owner. What Cabaye is guaranteed here is a start week in, week out. I'm not sure he would get that at Arsenal or PSG, but then again - he probably wants to win things and play in the CL.

Yes, I know all this BG, but unlike you, I have my doubts as to whether Cabaye will still be here in February....if he is, fair enough, we need him but the main issue is, as you say, that Ashley lacks any ambition for the club and this means more mediocrity for the fans. I have to disagree about Cabaye not getting a regular place at one of the top clubs...if he went to Man U I reckon he would be in every week unless he lost form and with the competition and expectancy top clubs have of their players, there would be more pressure on him to maintain a standard of performance necessary to keep being selected. He clearly now views us as a stepping stone but I don't believe he came with that intention or he wouldn't have tried to persuade Debuchy to come as well ; he thought we might be a big club going places but he knows better now...!!

Guess that's where we differ then, because I don't think he deserved to be dropped straight away after the Stoke game.  Actually, I think it was a ridiculous call. Short of getting on the score sheet he couldn't have done more to earn a place in the starting 11.

I'm not saying you can't criticise him man, I'm just wondering what people are expecting him to do in 10/15 minutes as the final sub? Gouffran has dropped off recently but people are still reluctant to drop him in favour of our most exciting player and I can't get my head around it.

It's the whole mentality of 'hasn't had a blinder' which does my head in, no other players need to have blinders to justify their place in the team.

Does he need to take on the entire team and score a goal every time he's on the pitch? He won the free kick for our last goal yesterday. How many 'blinders' have Sissoko and Gouffran played recently? He's judged on a completely different scale to the rest of our players. It hardly helps him when he's getting subbed on last so he's coming on in a weakened team too.

Aye, he gets given so much leeway on here it's incredible.

He's done nothing to suggest he deserves a start. He's came on, ran down blind alleys, given the ball away and shot when he should've passed. He can do better.

Only yesterday in his limited time he won a free kick which created the 3rd goal unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Won the free kick for the 3rd goal mind.

Anyway its ridiculous to expect anymore from in 10-15 cameos when other than Cabaye all the decent attacking players are off the pitch.

Not to mention he shits all over Sissoko and Gouffran offensively.

And people wonder why before yesterday we hadn't scored in 3 games.

Guest Howaythetoon

As HTT says, the side played some of the best football seen from a Newcastle team for years in the first half ;

:lol: Really, you 2 are saying that?  I was there and it was canny enough but howay man.

Really. It wasn't on the edge of your seat pant wetting stuff but it was technical composed football you see from top European sides. At one point we moved the ball about all over the pitch from back to front, left to right and all with crisp passing and movement. West Ham were ran ragged in the first-half. If they went in 4 or 5 down they would have had no complaints.

Mind, they are an awful side and that is one of the worst performances I've seen from an opposition side facing us. They will struggle to stay up on this showing alone, never mind their position and form.

How many players are expected to get the odd 10-15 mins and crave out a miracle every time? Outside of the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, I doubt you will be able to find many. And yet Ben Arfa is held to the same standards. Mind-boggling.

It's the kind of first half we should be putting out every other week.

Only every other?

I suppose you can make allowances for not controlling every first half of football in a season. You expect to start the majority of your home games like that though, and away to teams like West Ham who are shambolic.

Merlin - I'd love to keep Cabaye and have a good go at the top 4, but it's not gonna happen under Ashley. The lad is all set up to have a great 2nd half of the season, ahead of the World Cup. If he wants to move on in the summer, then we are gonna have to let him go. It's not a lack of ambition on the part of the fans - it's more the owner. What Cabaye is guaranteed here is a start week in, week out. I'm not sure he would get that at Arsenal or PSG, but then again - he probably wants to win things and play in the CL.

Yes, I know all this BG, but unlike you, I have my doubts as to whether Cabaye will still be here in February....if he is, fair enough, we need him but the main issue is, as you say, that Ashley lacks any ambition for the club and this means more mediocrity for the fans. I have to disagree about Cabaye not getting a regular place at one of the top clubs...if he went to Man U I reckon he would be in every week unless he lost form and with the competition and expectancy top clubs have of their players, there would be more pressure on him to maintain a standard of performance necessary to keep being selected. He clearly now views us as a stepping stone but I don't believe he came with that intention or he wouldn't have tried to persuade Debuchy to come as well ; he thought we might be a big club going places but he knows better now...!!

I reckon it'll take the thick end of £20-25million for Ashley to sell Cabaye. It depends if the likes of Man United and PSG are willing to spend so much, this window. However, I see Pardew has already started the peddling of Cabaye, on Sky by talking him up and admitting that these windows are always 'nervous' in case any of the bigger fish come in.

He's done nothing to suggest he deserves a start. He's came on, ran down blind alleys, given the ball away and shot when he should've passed. He can do better.

What has Gouffran done to suggest that he deserves to start? And Gouffran has been given a lot more time than HBA ever would in the same situation

Guest neesy111

What has Gouffran done to suggest that he deserves to start? And Gouffran has been given a lot more time than HBA ever would in the same situation

Gouffran is a team player.