The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Yea it is, but if you can afford to rest someone as good as Xavi shows how daft their squad is.

Xavi is nowhere near the player he used to be. As a watcher of Barcelona every week I can tell you that they look better both on and off the ball without Xavi. He was very good against City, but selling Thiago is the biggest mistake any club has made in a long long time. He'd walk straight into that position at the moment.

Yea it is, but if you can afford to rest someone as good as Xavi shows how daft their squad is.

Xavi is nowhere near the player he used to be. As a watcher of Barcelona every week I can tell you that they look better both on and off the ball without Xavi. He was very good against City, but selling Thiago is the biggest mistake any club has made in a long long time. He'd walk straight into that position at the moment.

We didn't want to sell Thiago.

Have no idea, but what happened?

Release clause triggered by lack of appearances (it was something quite daft, like 60% of official games).

Oh, and our DOF didn't inform our manager of it. GENIUS.

Did anyone else just hear Tony Pulis saying how anti diving he is as a matter of principle and find themselve wondering where said concern was when he was managing the most horribly cynical purveyors of gamesmanship the game has seen in decades?

Garry Monk taking a leaf out of Alan Pardew's Now That's What I Call Excuses Volume III by blaming Europa League fatigue there.

Sherwood mentioning it too even though they won. :lol: