The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

In terms of technical ability Mandzukic is a level below most on that team but he keeps f***ing scoring. :lol: His record over the last season and a half is very impressive.

Harsh on Mandzukic. Extremely underrated technical ability.

And for whoever said Kroos is the best in that team, let me just say:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRShT5wrIa_6YoZMJ-WL5MeEZ6DOmJ7JvAD49qdS4UkiSKvnC0bdg

He is underrated technically, but I said he's a level below most on that team, which he is. I don't think even think that's a negative thing to say. Most of the players for Bayern are technically fantastic.

I really like Mandzukic. When the Ballon d'Or shortlist came out I felt he ought to be on it and got laughed off the forum for saying so. :lol:

Think it's good to have a player like Mandzukic in a team like that. It's for similar reasons I was saying a few years ago that Barca should have been in for Drogba.

Absolutely. Lewa is a fairly similar player to Mandzukic IMO, will be a great signing for them.

Can't see why everybody was complaining about Sanogo playing against Bayern in the first leg. He isn't great but he's big and fast. Playing with Giroud in a game like this is like playing with 10 players

In terms of technical ability Mandzukic is a level below most on that team but he keeps f***ing scoring. :lol: His record over the last season and a half is very impressive.

He is underrated technically, but I said he's a level below most on that team, which he is. I don't think even think that's a negative thing to say. Most of the players for Bayern are technically fantastic.

I really like Mandzukic. When the Ballon d'Or shortlist came out I felt he ought to be on it and got laughed off the forum for saying so. :lol:

Can't remember a single one of his goals where I've thought "fuck me, not many strikers could have scored that". He just converts a lot of relatively simple chances, which isn't a dig necessarily - he's still got to finish them, but I've not seen him create many of his own goals or score goals I wouldn't expect him to score.

Not sure that makes sense but I know what I mean. :lol:

Think it's good to have a player like Mandzukic in a team like that. It's for similar reasons I was saying a few years ago that Barca should have been in for Drogba.

Ronaldo's Chelsea rader has just went off.

Can't remember a single one of his goals where I've thought "f*** me, not many strikers could have scored that". He just converts a lot of relatively simple chances, which isn't a dig necessarily - he's still got to finish them, but I've not seen him create many of his own goals or score goals I wouldn't expect him to score.

A bit like mario gomez

Ozil looks a very sorry figure out there. Like he'd much rather be somewhere else.

Looks absolutely useless on the wing, he was very good at real but if he keeps up these performances then flop of the season surely ?

Can't remember a single one of his goals where I've thought "f*** me, not many strikers could have scored that". He just converts a lot of relatively simple chances, which isn't a dig necessarily - he's still got to finish them, but I've not seen him create many of his own goals or score goals I wouldn't expect him to score.

He's scored couple of excellent goals, a bicycle kick and a volley comes to mind. But that's not his biggest trait in my opinion. He just has excellent technical ability the same way Morientes had. It's not about dribbling, it's about knowing how the game is and knowing how to get into position and giving his team options up front.

Ozil looks a very sorry figure out there. Like he'd much rather be somewhere else.

What is he supposed to do like? There is very few keeping the ball for Arsenal and when he gets it he keeps it.

What is he supposed to do like? There is very few keeping the ball for Arsenal and when he gets it he keeps it.

Switch cazorla with ozil and arsenal might stand a chance.

Off he comes now anyway.

He's scored couple of excellent goals, a bicycle kick and a volley comes to mind. But that's not his biggest trait in my opinion. He just has excellent technical ability the same way Morientes had. It's not about dribbling, it's about knowing how the game is and knowing how to get into position and giving his team options up front.

Which is why it's not meant as a dig at all. It's a skill in itself to be in the right place at the right time to convert a chance. :thup:

It's just not a spectacular attribute to have. It's very useful, it's got him a load of goals which is commendable but he just doesn't stand out as a tremendous footballer to me. 

Switch cazorla with ozil and arsenal might stand a chance.

Exactly, playing him on the wing is borderline retarded

They're all under pressure, but he looks beaten before he's started.

Off he comes now anyway.

Poor decision IMO unless there's an injury. Giroud is doing nothing. I'd get Flamini on for Giroud. Chamberlain and Cazorla on the wings, Ozil as number 10 and Podolski as striker

They're all under pressure, but he looks beaten before he's started.

Giroud has been 100 times worse than him in this game