The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Benteke :lol:

Well-deserved yellow for that pathetic attempt. It's ridiculous when big men go down so easily. Altidore falling over a touch by Anita the midget being the prime example.

He stops and puts his body in between the ball and the Stoke player and backs in with no intention to play the ball at all, got to be a foul for Stoke if anything.  At the very least let it play on to allow the Stoke player the chance to out muscle him.  No idea how its a Villa free kick ???  I mean whats the Stoke player supposed to do?, just stand on the other side of a player who isn't even trying to play the ball and wait for him to move?

He stops and puts his body in between the ball and the Stoke player and backs in with no intention to play the ball at all, got to be a foul for Stoke if anything.  No idea how its a Villa free kick ???  I mean whats the Stoke player supposed to do?, just stand on the other side of a player who isn't even trying to play the ball and wait for him to move?

Yep... Clear obstruction once he changes direction away from the ball...

One thing that makes me smile about Villa is that everyone goes on about how young they are. Our team that pulled the game around today was younger than their team that started. We were preparing to bring on a striker if needed - Harry Kane (20). Their sub striker was Grant Holt :lol:.

Can't quite believe that we're still fifth despite being a bit of a mess without a proper manager.  Everton should be able to take fifth with their games in hand, but still. After next weekend's game at Anfield we've actually got a nice little run-in.

Who do you think will be appointed next season? Pochettino, Van Gaal, Laudrup ...

General feeling is that LVG is the most likely - if he wants it then it's pretty much a given. There's more talk about De Boer than the others you mentioned.

I dunno. The World Cup is not coming at the best of times, and that may well be a stumbling block. Van Gaal is not going to come without getting some real control, and Levy will have to work hard to reassure him that that will be the case. Blagging our way into the top four - which amazingly is still possible if Arsenal keep capitulating - would make a huge difference, obviously.

I don't see any clearer candidates among the younger managers.

I'd rather have Laudrup than van Gaal. Detest that xeno-brazilian-phobic prick.

What's that last bit about? :lol:

Hates Brazilians the prick.