The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

GTFI!

Great day for Atletico and Barcelona. May Atletico beat Athletic in the week-end and let's hope for a final day where winner of Barcelona and Atletico wins the title.

Still amazed Atletico's form hasn't dipped.  Simeone has performed miracles at that club.

absolutely incredible the turnaround he's pulled off, will be horrific to see the big money vulture clubs just pick them apart.

Still amazed Atletico's form hasn't dipped.  Simeone has performed miracles at that club.

Games come thick and fast now, I believe they'll start to crumble. Still, truly amazing job.

Their best hope is to give up on the CL and focus solely on the league. Obviously that won't happen.

Interesting. West Ham fans booed the team and fat sam did the owld Hulk Hogan ear cupping thingy. Interdasting indeeds.

Had a go at the fans again in the post match interview...

Costa & Koke aside I don't think there's many that will get that type of attention, it's a real team effort. It's not like Dortmund with a young side playing brilliant football. It's a side with the likes of Tiago, Juan Fran & Gabi. Seasoned 78-81 players on Fifa for years. Solid but nothing special. That suffocate teams to death.

Remember when we where meant to be in for Arda Turan?What a great player he's become.

Madrid choking when its crunch time as per usual.

The yearly Madrid hype rollercoster:

June-August: Purchase every star available for 12000 bazillion euros and the fans and press are predicting they will win the treble.

August-December: Team runs into trouble trying to get their dysfunctional team to actually work, hype decreases substantially but fans are still hopeful.

January-February: The coach finally finds a system that works and Madrid beat laligascrubs by 7 goals margins. THE TREBLE TEAM IS HERE.

March-April: As Madrid enters the decisive face of the campaign the team inevitably flops. The fans and press wonder how this team assembled by how marketable each player is could have possibly failed.

May: The coach & players are scapegoated and the hype reaches negative levels. The fans and press have set the way for yet another summer cleaning.

Repeat endlessly.

Still think Barcelona is in deep trouble if they can't improve on their performances against the lesser sides. Weren't good enough today, and if Pinto doesn't make those saves in the 2nd half I could easily have seen Barcelona crumble a bit.

32 wins. 21 second places.

85 seasons of La Liga.

53 seasons in top two positions. Over 1/3rd as winner.

:ben:

What is this I don't even

Madrid were the better team from what I saw, still could easily win the league this season. Plenty more twists.

True, but it's made harder by the fact that they need two teams to fail now (and Atlético can actually drop points once and still stay ahead), not just one.

Just been through the calendar, if Atlético win this weekend against Athletic, they have a very good chance to get to the Camp Nou on top, or being able to win the league by beating us at the very least.

All their home games look like bankers to me, leaving Valencia, Levante and Athletic as the tougher away ones. They need to win two of those.

We have the derby, away at Villarreal and away at Granada as the tough ones.

Madrid only have Anoeta as the game where I could see them dropping further points.

That's on paper, of course.

I'm not sure at least he admitted to going to away games to draw. Pardew plays hoof ball around his own goal-area and then calls it attacking football and that we had a go at it. Same shit both of them, difference is Sam is doing a horribly boring job with a horribly boring squad while Pardew is doing it with a far better squad. Actually think Pardew genuinely thinks West Ham has a better team since they're all british.