The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Schurrle was MOM by a mile. Goal, bar, hardwork, creating space of others, etc, etc.

No doubt. Was all over, thought they were fucked when he came on for Hazard but he was all over the pitch. Still can't believe Blanc took Lucas and Lavezzi out. He was so asking for it.

Blanc showed his negative as f*ck side tonight i see.

Anyway..

PSG's great problem is their midfield and it became very apparent over both legs.

Matuidi is useless unless the game is open from an offensive point of view... Motta just recycles possession and Verratti due to his age doesn't understand how to pass into the final third and doesn't make the correct off the ball runs.

Cabaye and Pastore did improve this because both those things come naturally to them and if Cavani wasn't a utter klutz in front of goal those changes would have sent them through.

Its why Ibra has to drop so deep in big games... because the rest of the midfield don't know how to impact the game beyond the half way line.

And his ability to almost become a 10 and get the ball from just beyond the half way line and into the attacking third was a clear miss.

Schurrle was MOM by a mile. Goal, bar, hardwork, creating space of others, etc, etc.

No doubt. Was all over, thought they were fucked when he came on for Hazard but he was all over the pitch. Still can't believe Blanc took Lucas and Lavezzi out. He was so asking for it.

Been saying all season that Schurrle should have had more playing time, he's a terrific player.

Can understand taking Lucas off, but the Lavezzi sub was mental IMO.

No doubt. Was all over, thought they were f***ed when he came on for Hazard but he was all over the pitch. Still can't believe Blanc took Lucas and Lavezzi out. He was so asking for it.

Been saying all season that Schurrle should have had more playing time, he's a terrific player.

Can understand taking Lucas off, but the Lavezzi sub was mental IMO.

Lucas was probably their most dangerous player though. You don't take away to speed merchants who can easily counter a goal in that moment. Terrible subs.

Blanc showed his negative as f*ck side tonight i see.

Anyway..

PSG's great problem is their midfield and it became very apparent over both legs.

Matuidi is useless unless the game is open from an offensive point of view... Motta just recycles possession and Verratti due to his age doesn't understand how to pass into the final third and doesn't make the correct off the ball runs.

Cabaye and Pastore did improve this because both those things come naturally to them and if Cavani wasn't a utter klutz in front of goal those changes would have sent them through.

Its why Ibra has to drop so deep in big games... because the rest of the midfield don't know how to impact the game beyond the half way line.

And his ability to almost become a 10 and get the ball from just beyond the half way line and into the attacking third was a clear miss.

As a pure central midfielder, Cabaye should be starting in their midfield IMO. With the class he has in front of him and to his sides, he would thrive, especially in the bigger games. The only thing is that he may go missing if he's not the focal point of every transition move.

Bournemouth are only 2 points off the play offs. :lol:

Eddie Howe is doing brilliant job. Really good young manager.

On a different note, used to go and watch Bournemouth for 8 fucking pounds 5 years ago.

Anyway, unless Martino sorts out his tactics and plays Iniesta in the middle with Xavi, I can definitely see Atletico going through.

Cesc just isn't right for these games, he can't control a game in the middle and his brain isn't fast enough to pick out game winning chances against one of the the best, hard working units I've seen in some time.

Need Iniesta's quick thinking, touch and passing to create things in the middle with Alexis on the right, Neymar on the left and Messi.

Tbh, unless Man Utd pull off a miracle, I think if push came to shove Mourinho would rather face Barcelona out of these 2 which says a lot.

Demba received some stick for his attitude on here but he showed he was a real character by his goal and his words in the interview. Defiant against some of Mourinho's wordsin recent weeks without being disrespectful. Shows a good level of professionalism without just spouting cliches and platitudes.

I think we miss him in the dressing room. Doesn't seem aloof or passive like wor Cisse.

Chelsea's team are built to counter attack. They'll be better against Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid than Atletico who have a more aggressive approach.

Don't think they stand a chance in the next round. They shouldn't have gone through, Blanc gave them the match and PSG relies heavily on Zlatans ability offensively. Also, their 2nd goal was pure luck that came as a result of inviting the pressure.

Chelsea's team are built to counter attack. They'll be better against Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid than Atletico who have a more aggressive approach.

Don't think they stand a chance in the next round. They shouldn't have gone through, Blanc gave them the match and PSG relies heavily on Zlatans ability offensively. Also, their 2nd goal was pure luck that came as a result of inviting the pressure.

I don't think they will go through fwiw. But they have a better chance if they can sit back and counter all day.

I have a question, if on Friday's draw Chelsea get a Wednesday-Tuesday draw for Semis, can/will Sky move the LFC vs. Chelsea game back to Saturday ?

Or will it just stand as it is, and it'll be played 48 hours before the second leg?

Reckon Mourinho will go on a big rant if that's the case indeed. Fingers crossed.

Kroos seems to get a lot of criticism in Germany about him not rising to occasions and enforcing himself enough. I personally think he's quality like but they see a lot more of him than me.