The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Northerngimp, I've made my stance clear, I won't change your mind or so. All I'm saying is, if a defender makes a sliding tackle and completely misses the ball and at the same times brings the striker down it's a penalty.

He didn't bring him down though, it was a quite atrocious dive after he realised he wasn't going to get the ball.  Now you can say the slide stopped him from being able to get the ball, fine, but there's no way on earth that brought him down, he dropped deliberately.

Guest bimpy474

How is that not a pen?!

Cos Dzeko actually ended up kicking Sakho.

Yeah because he had to hurdle a ridiculous tackle though! Basically stopped him getting the ball. Definite pen

The defender took the space first.  or os there a new law sayin youc ant occupy space?

:lol: Occupy space with a sliding tackle and missing the ball completely. Give over.

So if you miss the ball with a tackle, its a foul?

Yes, if the you get the player instead who's going for the ball. That's quite clear.

He didn't get the player, he got to the space first and Dzeko then had to hurdle him and let his foot deliberately clip his shoulder.  Hence why Clatts waved it away.

So if Djeko doesn't hurdle and just runs normally and is tripped...that's not a pen?

Stitched himself by trying to be honest if the first instance and then not good enough at diving in the second.

Yep, what i would add, there doesn't have to enough contact to knock someone over for it to be a penalty, impeding a player is enough. Clattenburg didn't judge that there was enough to give a pen. Looking again i think it's a pen, only after 3 or 4 views and angles though.

Occasion got to clatts?

No, just cheating in favour of his favourite team as he always does. Scandalous he's allowed to ref their games.

Newcastle fan isn't he?

Yep, and why he never refs us. He's not allowed to as a Newcastle fan.

Hypothetical...if we had games that meant anything, would he be allowed to ref games that affect our games?

I think referees have to declare any club allegiances they have and are not allowed to referee competitive games that involves that team.  Clattenberg did do Shearer's testimonial though.

Michael Oliver also supports us so he can't referee our games either.

How is that not a pen?!

Cos Dzeko actually ended up kicking Sakho.

Only because Sakho slid in, missed the ball, and made Djeko change his natural movement. Stone waller imo.

You can't jump a tackle, then fall over afterwards for a pen, f***ing hell why do people want play acters to be rewarded?, can't understand it personally.

So that logic people can just throw in two footers or ridiculous tackles to break a forwards stride? He has to hurdle the tackle and he can't get the ball, how is it not a foul?

Well if it was a two footer then it would have been dangerous and therefore a red/pen with or without contact, but it wasn't.  The defender actually gets there first, he missed the ball but also made no contact with the attacker and he in fact comes in second and runs into the back of the defender.  You might disagree but as far as I know there's no rule about getting a pen because a defender potentially could have fouled you if you hadn't managed to avoid it.  Personally given the shitty dive which looks even worse when you see it from the refs view I'm glade he didn't give it.

He didn't make contact because he jumped it. In jumping it he couldn't reach the ball. So your saying people should just walk into tackles? It was high as fuck that tackle. It's a foul. Dzeko jumping over it doesn't change that.

Didn't say he had to do anything, just that there's no rule to say you get a pen for avoiding a tackle, like I said unless there's a rule I'm not aware of.

The only thing in their that's my personal opinion is that I'm glade he didn't get it looking at it from the refs view.  Because I'm sick to death of dives and that was a fucking ridiculous dive whatever you think of the merits of what happened before it.

Guest neesy111

Someone really needs to tell Mourinho the polo shirt with blazer is an atrocious look.

Don't think he cares tbh.

http://i.imgur.com/1sORRAC.jpg

State of that tackle man :lol:

Bit misleading, the tackle didn't bring Dzeko down.

Never said it did tbh, said he had to jump it.

:thup:

Not up to speed with this conversation. :laugh: