The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

So frustrated. For all Drillo's faults at least he knew how to organize a team filled with average players and make them able to compete. We're not good enough to try to play well, man. :anguish:

It's a friendly, against a far superior team. Drillo was s*** man, absolute dogshite.

No safety smiley?

Flip talking about football :yao:

:lol: Kaiz talking sports. Get back to movie thread man.

So frustrated. For all Drillo's faults at least he knew how to organize a team filled with average players and make them able to compete. We're not good enough to try to play well, man. :anguish:

It's a friendly, against a far superior team. Drillo was s*** man, absolute dogshite.

No safety smiley?

For Drillo? You have no right to ever complain about Pardew if you sincerely think Drillo ever was a good coach.

Guest palnese

Are you insane?

He got some pretty fucking fantastic results against some of the top teams in the World with a bunch of very limited players.

Are you insane?

He got some pretty f***ing fantastic results against some of the top teams in the World with a bunch of very limited players.

So did Lasse Lagerbäck and Tommy Söderberg as well. Doesn't mean much tbf. Anyone who uses science and long balls to win is shite in my book. (I do realize he's not a shite manager per se, but his team were always boring as hell to watch and that's enough for me to call him shite)

No safety smiley?

For Drillo? You have no right to ever complain about Pardew if you sincerely think Drillo ever was a good coach.

Two completely different scenarios.

Norway is shit. We'll probably never have players to not be shit. If someone can make that shit manage to beat quality teams and look a cohesive side fighting for eachother to overcome a massive hurdle set in their path, that's someone doing something right. I'm never saying Drillo is a good coach if put in charge of a club team where you can build a side, but for Norway he was a good match until we do something completely different with our recruitment policies and start breeding actual footballers. We were fucking top seeds in Europe under him. Norway. The fucking worst football nation in Scandinavia. Not a good coach for Norway. :yao:

Pardew making quality players play well below their actual level and settle for shit results when he could make his team push on to be great, that's someone doing something horribly wrong. These two scenarios are uncomparable. Comparing club football with international football isn't good anyways.

Beat Brazil twice, man.

No wonder you're bitter.

Yeah super bitter that Norway beat Brazil in two meaningless games :lol:

No safety smiley?

Norway is s***. We'll probably never have players to not be s***. If someone can make that s*** manage to beat quality teams and look a cohesive side fighting for eachother to overcome a massive hurdle set in their path, that's someone doing something right. I'm never saying Drillo is a good coach if put in charge of a club team where you can build a side, but for Norway he was a good match until we do something completely different with our recruitment policies and start breeding actual footballers. We were f***ing top seeds in Europe under him. Norway. The f***ing worst football nation in Scandinavia. Not a good coach for Norway. :yao:

Pardew making quality players play well below their actual level and settle for s*** results when he could make his team push on to be great, that's someone doing something horribly wrong. These two scenarios are uncomparable. Comparing club football with international football isn't good anyways.

Not necessarily disagreeing, I do however think that the small success he had in the national team came in the 90s, an era where Scandinavian football was actually rather good and Norway had some very good footballers.

Beat Brazil twice, man.

No wonder you're bitter.

Yeah super bitter that Norway beat Brazil in two meaningless games :lol:

No safety smiley?

Norway is s***. We'll probably never have players to not be s***. If someone can make that s*** manage to beat quality teams and look a cohesive side fighting for eachother to overcome a massive hurdle set in their path, that's someone doing something right. I'm never saying Drillo is a good coach if put in charge of a club team where you can build a side, but for Norway he was a good match until we do something completely different with our recruitment policies and start breeding actual footballers. We were f***ing top seeds in Europe under him. Norway. The f***ing worst football nation in Scandinavia. Not a good coach for Norway. :yao:

Pardew making quality players play well below their actual level and settle for s*** results when he could make his team push on to be great, that's someone doing something horribly wrong. These two scenarios are uncomparable. Comparing club football with international football isn't good anyways.

Not necessarily disagreeing, I do however think that the small success he had in the national team came in the 90s, an era where Scandinavian football was actually rather good and Norway had some very good footballers.

The top seed thing is from the qualifying group draw before the WC one when we'd been shit for ages. I don't think we're far apart in our arguments though. I'm well aware the football Norway played would be shit to watch for a neutral, but my enjoyment from International football is much lesser than club football, so I in general just want Norway to qualify for a major tournament so I could cheer for my own nation. I'll always enjoy watching Norway beat the likes of Germany and such even if it's by counter attacking shit football because I know we could never actually be a better footballing side entertainment wise until something drastically changes in our youth recruitment.

In club football that scenario is quite different, as you can always strive to be a better entertaining footballing side and add players to get the styles better.

:thup:

I do think however one large part of the problem that we share here in Sweden is that we want to make changes in the youth department while we still have everyone managing these young players with outdated ideas. I see here in Sweden that absolute lack of ability to play on the floor from early ages, the inability to actually understand what football is about because as young people they're already told that they're not technically gifted enough. There's no wanting to invent a style, it's the whole mentality that stinks. I don't think it helps either to have managers like Drillo and Lagerbäck who despite winning games don't help the nations football in the longterm.

In Sweden when I watch it, all I see is running, running and running, despite that the big club managers think the biggest difference between Swedish and other big nations football is the fact that they run more than the Swedish players. It's not true, they say that completely overlooking the fact that where other nations excels is the ability to play, ability to interact on the pitch. Intelligence is so underrated, we all look for physical types that can muster 90minutes non-stop while completely forgetting that intelligence on the pitch usually prevails. The ability to make runs at the right moment, to make the right pass, to conserve energy as a group.

That's why I don't like Drillo and Lagerbäck and many other managers, because they set this mentality that we just aren't good enough playing so we'll have to win tactically, and yes it's true, but that mentality doesn't help to evolve the game within the nation and that's also why Scandinavian football is just going backwards.

Very true. Also think an issue is that we don't separate the better youngsters from the shit ones at an earlier time. The mentality we have that "everyone needs to play, it's not about winning but having fun" until they're about 16 years old makes the talented young players play with shit teammates against shit opponents rather than play with good teammates against better opposition.

Very true. Also think an issue is that we don't separate the better youngsters from the s*** ones at an earlier time. The mentality we have that "everyone needs to play, it's not about winning but having fun" until they're about 16 years old makes the young players play against s*** opponents rather than play with good teammates against better opposition.

:thup: x100 We're too scared of it, it's pure scandinavian mentality, no one should be better than anyone.  It's just ridiculous.