The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Really liking the balance of play Italy have at the moment. Some nice passing but still pretty direct. If they had been finishing better they could be two or three up by now.

If Shane Long hadn't missed a shit load of chances Ireland would be ahead too

Really liking the balance of play Italy have at the moment. Some nice passing but still pretty direct. If they had been finishing better they could be two or three up by now.

If Shane Long hadn't missed a shit load of chances Ireland would be ahead too

The obvious difference being that you'd expect Italy to put those chances away.  :lol:

I don't mind Hodgson but England have no identity about them whatsoever going into this tournament and I can't really remember anything inspiring under his entire reign. If a couple of the players who've had great seasons turn up we might get out the group.

Nah, we'll manage six points and a loss to Italy. Italy will go through top of the group two wins and draw. None of which will be convincing. Then they'll start playing in the knockout stages.

I'm willing to put Lucas is the best in my sig if England beats Uruguay as long as you put I-Know-Nothing in your sig if they don't. I think Uruguay will walk away with that group is Suarez is fit.

Nah, we'll manage six points and a loss to Italy. Italy will go through top of the group two wins and draw. None of which will be convincing. Then they'll start playing in the knockout stages.

I'm willing to put Lucas is the best in my sig if England beats Uruguay as long as you put I-Know-Nothing in your sig if they don't. I think Uruguay will walk away with that group is Suarez is fit.

Don't know about Italy, but having seen England's defence against Peru yesterday, Suarez will destroy them if he's on form

Wouldn't be surprised if it's 5 points all round for Uruguay, England and Italy. Saying that I'm probably doing Costa Rica a disservice there.

Shades of Italia 90. :thup:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's 5 points all round for Uruguay, England and Italy. Saying that I'm probably doing Costa Rica a disservice there.

That is probably the best bet no doubt, but still think Uruguay in Brazil. There's something about SA teams in SA, I think Uruguay will get away with 7p. Beating England in the opener 2-0.

That is probably the best bet no doubt, but still think Uruguay in Brazil. There's something about SA teams in SA, I think Uruguay will get away with 7p. Beating England in the opener 2-0.

They've a better chance against Eng in Sao Paulo than they do in the NE of Brazil that's for sure. If they were playing down in Curtibia and Porto Alegre I'd have them down for winning the group, be like playing at home.

They've a better chance against Eng in Sao Paulo than they do in the NE of Brazil that's for sure. If they were playing down in Curtibia and Porto Alegre I'd have them down for winning the group, be like playing at home.

I think all SA teams will have the supporters behind them unless your nation is called Argentina.

I know Uruguay got to the semis last time out but I think they rely massively on individual brilliance up front. The rest of their team is average, by decent WC standards.