Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Think Martinez has always liked a big man up front, gives him the massive lump option anyway.

They ain't going to be able to afford to buy Lakaku so maybe he thinks he could bed in Jones ready for next season... Will be interesting to see if it works if it goes through...

Think Martinez has always liked a big man up front, gives him the massive lump option anyway.

They ain't going to be able to afford to buy Lakaku so maybe he thinks he could bed in Jones ready for next season... Will be interesting to see if it works if it goes through...

Bit of a gamble, short term loan pushing out what was your best striker rather than trying to develop him in the current side. Suppose it works if the loanee means they can get a better striker in future. Jones might bring others into play, need a big finisher at that level though.

Isn't Jones just being brought in to replace Jelavic in the short term?

I haven't checked this afternoon but from what I can see, there is absolutely nothing of substance which states we're interested in Jones. The Guardian article has nothing other than "Jones wants to leave, maybe Everton who have sold a striker might want him."

Shite signing if it turns out to be true, of course. But then again I thought Barry was a shite signing and he's been one of our best players.

I think Barry is great at what he does, a lot more intelligent than given credit for and was a bigger reason that City won the league than people gave credit for.

I'm glad to see he's doing well at Everton and nice to see he's been given more credit for his performances than he was at City where for some reason he was seen as a laughing stock.

I think it all started with the whole Ozil making him look silly at the WC but he's a good player when used probably.

Jones is just utter wank and i'd be shocked that Everton have any actual interest honestly, i get that Martinez might want a target to replace Lukaku but surely they can do better than Jones?

Guest bimpy474

Talksport story.

Birmingham clinch short-term deal for journeyman midfielder

Brian Howard, 30, makes the Blues his latest club following a stint at Belgian side CSKA Sofia

Erm :lol: