Other clubs' transfers

TBG

why do they do that, just f***ing announce it

Would be just like the Chronicle announcing an exclusive for next day's paper, only for other dailies to announce it first.

Delph to Citeh for 8m.

Which means the whole new contract thing was just to make sure we got some cash for him, with a clause so low, so he could get a move.  When he signed, the club made a massive deal of it, milked the publicity, got him to say how he was never going to leave, it was his club etc etc.

All the time, this must have been the plan, hence that clause for that price. Treated like fucking idiots by the club AND by Delph.

What a fucking rat. Worse than Downing.

This was a few months ago:

'The fans have stuck by since day one. The chairman's stuck by me, he's been unbelievable with me. The gaffer's been great as well.

'I'm proving that there still is loyalty in football. I've decided to stay here and I'll give nothing less than 100 per cent every game.

'I'd love you guys to get behind us and support the boys.'

Speaking to Villa's official website, he added: 'The club has given me a great platform to perform and a great opportunity to showcase what I can do.

'The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here.

'I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am.

'I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100 per cent into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.

Hopefully it will give everyone a bit of a lift and show the fans that we are looking to do big things here and bring excitement back to the club.

'We want to get through this season, do well and I feel the up-and-coming years will be big. There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run.

'The fans have been the same. I am sure they will stick with us, help us get through this season and then looking into the future, it looks promising to me.'

And to make sure they got the most out of it, Villa showed him on the screens at the ground saying all the above.

Yet the whole time he had a release clause quite clearly just guaranteed to make sure we didn't end up with no money for him.

Really shot themselves in the foot here, so clear they're a bunch of duplicitious wankers.

Delph to Citeh for 8m.

Which means the whole new contract thing was just to make sure we got some cash for him, with a clause so low, so he could get a move.  When he signed, the club made a massive deal of it, milked the publicity, got him to say how he was never going to leave, it was his club etc etc.

All the time, this must have been the plan, hence that clause for that price. Treated like f***ing idiots by the club AND by Delph.

What a f***ing rat. Worse than Downing.

But it's City, so why would it have to be a low clause?

This is horrible. He will never play there, especially as they hardly paid anything for him.

brummie from your point of view he isn't really that fantastic. Hopefully you guys get someone decent in.

The guy must be crazy agreeing to move there.

Delph to Citeh for 8m.

All the time, this must have been the plan, hence that clause for that price. Treated like f***ing idiots by the club AND by Delph.

Fucking stinks that.

As I said when I heard the link a few weeks back, this is another level of slimy horrible bullshit if it goes through. Fair enough if he'd simply signed a new deal but the lad was going on about wanting to lead Villa for years to come, only to volunteer himself for Man City bench duty 6 months later. Depressing state of affairs.

Delph to Citeh for 8m.

But it's City, so why would it have to be a low clause?

This is horrible. He will never play there, especially as they hardly paid anything for him.

brummie from your point of view he isn't really that fantastic. Hopefully you guys get someone decent in.

The guy must be crazy agreeing to move there.

It is so he would still get a move. If it had been 25m, it would have been different, but this is clearly a deal to stay to the end of the season and get us our money back (we paid 8m for him in the first place).

Treated like fucking idiots.

It's not about him wanting to go there - I don't blame him for a second. It is the snidey way the club did this, the way they promoted it.

Oh and they stuck him in the middle of all the club kit promos.

And - and this is true - five whole minutes ago tweeted this:

http://i.imgur.com/xuZ9tRB.jpg

We are so awfully run, at every single level