Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Literally says himself he feels Turkish :lol: Suppose you lot know better

You're right like. He was born in England but Turkish blood runs in his veins and he said he feels Turkish. He's Turkish. Simple as that.

He was given the names Colin (father's side) and Kazım (mother's side), but the registrar in Leyton messed it up and double-barrelled Kazım with his surname, Richards. They never bothered to change it. He then switched to Kazım Kazım in Turkey as it would be understood better. I used to work with his dad, and as I live in Turkey I've followed his career.

I know loads of Turks in London who were born and raised in England, but they say they still feel very Turkish. Whereas my nephew was born and raised in the US, and despite having South Korean and British flags on his racing crash helmet (mother and father's nationalities) along with the stars and stripes, he would answer that he's predominantly American I would guess. A bit like Kazım-Richards though, he has GBR on his fencing gear as he's got more chance of making the olympics fencing for Britain than for the US.

Named for Mustafa Colin Pasha no doubt

:)

More likely Kazım Karabekir, one of the generals who defied the last Ottoman government and helped Atatürk form the Turkish republic out of the remnants of the Ottoman Empire.

Guest firetotheworks

You're right like. He was born in England but Turkish blood runs in his veins and he said he feels Turkish. He's Turkish. Simple as that.

Aye, nowt to do with the potential reaction should he admit his level of Turkishness was pretty much on par with Fry's Turkish Delight.

Obviously an Irish has to agree with this line of thinking, else his team would be hanging around with the Liechtensteins of this world.

I think if your parents are from wherever you have a right to associate with that country if you wish to. Nothing to do with football like.

I agree with that in principle, don't get me wrong, but it's absolutely crystal clear that in this instance he has just chosen to play for Turkey because it was his best chance at getting international football. That's fine, I'm just not going to pretend that I think Colin Richards is Turkish af.

I think we've just resolved this peacefully. Today is going to be a good day.

Nothing wrong with seeing yourself as whatever nationality based on whatever, but yeah, it seems pretty obvious in this case that Colin Kazim Richards is simply lying.

Aye, nowt to do with the potential reaction should he admit his level of Turkishness was pretty much on par with Fry's Turkish Delight.

Obviously an Irish has to agree with this line of thinking, else his team would be hanging around with the Liechtensteins of this world.

I think if your parents are from wherever you have a right to associate with that country if you wish to. Nothing to do with football like.

I agree with that in principle, don't get me wrong, but it's absolutely crystal clear that in this instance he has just chosen to play for Turkey because it was his best chance at getting international football. That's fine, I'm just not going to pretend that I think Colin Richards is Turkish af.

Instead you're going the complete opposite way simply cause he's lived in England longer.  I guess in 20 years when I will have lived here in Finland longer than I lived in England and I possibly have an accent, I'll be able to call myself Finnish

Instead you're going the complete opposite way simply cause he's lived in England longer.  I guess in 20 years when I will have lived here in Finland longer than I lived in England and I possibly have an accent, I'll be able to call myself Finnish

Were you born in Finland, like CKR was born in England? If so then yes, you'll be Finnish. You are already in fact.

This reminds me of when I said we'd had X amount of English players in our team on a particular day, and people argued blind that Dummett isn't English, he's Welsh, which he clearly absolutely is not.

Were you born in Finland, like CKR was born in England? If so then yes, you'll be Finnish. You are already in fact.

This reminds me of when I said we'd had X amount of English players in our team on a particular day, and people argued blind that Dummett isn't English, he's Welsh, which he clearly absolutely is not.

Nah.. but this makes no sense. Your nationality isnt based solely on where you're born (imo).  Suppose this whole argument is based off opinions to be fair so it's all a bit pointless really when no one wants to budge :lol:

Obviously it isn't, but I do think if, like CKR, you're born and live your entire life in one place until well into adulthood, you've not got a massive claim to be a different nationality altogether, especially when only one of your parents is from there.

So what if, when he retires from football, he lives in Turkey for the rest of his life (longer than he lived the start of his life in England)?  One of his parents is from Turkey, and he says he sees himself as Turkish. But he'll be an Englishman living in Turkey according to you, simply because what? he was born in England?

edit: whatever!  :laugh:

As long as he has a family member from that country and the blood runs in his veins, it's his choice to be whatever he wants to me like.

Dummett is Welsh if he identifies as Welsh, regardless of where he was born.

So what if, when he retires from football, he lives in Turkey for the rest of his life (longer than he lived the start of his life in England)?  One of his parents is from Turkey, and he says he sees himself as Turkish. But he'll be an Englishman living in Turkey according to you, simply because what? he was born in England?

If he does all them things then yeah, sure, he's actually shown that he wants to be Turkish and he's not just blagging it for the good of his career.

But he won't. It's clear as fucken day he's just another cockney chancer.

:anguish:

Such a mug yee like. No chance in hell Dummett "identifies" as Welsh. He hadn't even been to Wales until they called him up.

Then he's English. :lol: I never said he's Welsh. I said if he identifies as Welsh he is. I don't know what he actually identifies as though.

If he does all them things then yeah, sure, he's actually shown that he wants to be Turkish and he's not just blagging it for the good of his career.

But he won't. It's clear as fucken day he's just another cockney chancer.

:lol: fucks sake

Nationality is a fluid concept. It is possible to be English and Turkish at the same time. re: Colin - sure his background has made it easier for him to play abroad and in Turkey. It isn't the same as Derbyshire playing in Greece for example as Colin has some immediate Turkish heritage.

But Arda Turan he is not. And even if he genuinely felt Turkish in his heart I doubt he would turn out for them if he had Delle Ali ability.

As far as i'm aware. Iwobi is one of the first players eligible for England (with a great chance of being called up to NT at some point) who has decided to play for his nation of heritage. Having family that have played for Nigeria was probably a huge influence. I'll be interested to see if this trend develops over the coming years. It's fairly common for very good players of eligible for  France to opt for other nations. But France has a "dodgier" relationship with immigrants/children of immigrants it seems and even then the cream tend to represent France.

fuck it.

I've decided I'm going to identify as being Japanese. I don't have that precious Japanese blood, but my brother went there once so that should cover me.

Not that I'm going anywhere near Japan like. Miles away and geet expensive.

Please respect my decision.

Emre Mor is signing for Dortmund. Kid is a fantastic ball hog. Worth a Youtube watch.

Got a very Hatem-y way of running with the ball. Like it

That's because he identifies as being Hatem