Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Why doesn't Vardy fit Arsenal's style? I'd imagine Ozil et al. would love threading balls through to him. His pressing would be invaluable to that team too. Think it would be a great fit.

Why doesn't Vardy fit Arsenal's style? I'd imagine Ozil et al. would love threading balls through to him. His pressing would be invaluable to that team too. Think it would be a great fit.

The diving and swanning around might be a good fit for Arsenal, but he can only ever run in straight lines and shoot, and Arsenal aren't exactly the most direct team.

The diving and swanning around might be a good fit for Arsenal, but he can only ever run in straight lines and shoot, and Arsenal aren't exactly the most direct team.

They might be if they had a striker who could run

If Vardy goes to Arsenal I think he'll do well there tbh. And I can't really blame the player on this occasion, he's a 30 year old striker who has only been playing top flight football for 2 years. His game relies somewhat on his pace, he might only have another few years to try life at such a big club. Obviously it'll be very disappointing for Leicester, but I understand it from both sides.

its wenger he's far too stubborn to change his ways. Vardy will end up on the left wing probably for most of the season and Arsenal will be Arsenal, give hints of actually doing something but fail miserably

They've played Walcott up top and not a thing changed.

its wenger he's far too stubborn to change his ways. Vardy will end up on the left wing probably for most of the season and Arsenal will be Arsenal, give hints of actually doing something but fail miserably

They obviously aren't going to suddenly start hoofing it but a massive reason their build up is so slow is Giroud being so immobile. When Welbeck plays instead they generally look better

If Vardy goes to Arsenal I think he'll do well there tbh. And I can't really blame the player on this occasion, he's a 30 year old striker who has only been playing top flight football for 2 years. His game relies somewhat on his pace, he might only have another few years to try life at such a big club. Obviously it'll be very disappointing for Leicester, but I understand it from both sides.

Yeah, same. It's the only club up there where he would go straight into the first team too, and be the number one striker, and potentially really shine there.

Rough on Leicester though. Weighing all things up, I'd probably just stay if I were in his shoes tbh. After last season, I think you just have to stay with Leciester and look to push on with them.

Vardy's wife been getting loads of abuse on Twitter from LCFC supporters for the Arsenal rumors.

Bloody idiots.

Has Vardy given any indication that he's even interested in the move ?

Mail reckons it'll go through before the end of the weekend.

:undecided:

The abuse is still uncalled for but that's very disappointing if he's going to go.

Giroud suffers from their buildup play as well though, as he never knows when a pass is coming and they're very slow to get the ball forward. Wenger must have a plan but it'll be interesting to see how Vardy plays in a team that dominates possession and compresses all the players into the last third.

can only run in straight line ffs :lol: the guy scored 24 goals man

Giroud suffers from their buildup play as well though, as he never knows when a pass is coming and they're very slow to get the ball forward. Wenger must have a plan but it'll be interesting to see how Vardy plays in a team that dominates possession and compresses all the players into the last third.

It's a two way thing, Giroud hardly ever makes himself available and slows down their play significantly. Having someone who will make runs for their midfield in behind, short or otherwise would in theory help them.

Obviously time will tell.

Cant blame Vardy, he cant have earned a huge amount of money (by football standards) during his career, so makes sense to sign a big contract while he's hot property.

Shame he couldn't have signed an improved contract with Leicester with an agreement to be sold at the end of next season.

Feel for the Leicester fans. Hoped (not that I have any allegiance to them) that they would keep the team together for at least a year and see how they get on in the Champions League. Mahrez and Kante will be next and then they'll line up a totally different team

The whole 'last big contract' is bollocks as he'd no doubt get whatver he wanted from Leicester.

Would love to see Messi in the Prem, even if it's with Man U.

This money is going to throw up some crazy curve balls in the next year or two.

f*** that mess.

Lost for words, if you honestly want to see that then you don't support Newcastle United.  Fact.

:lol: :lol: