Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Crazy that Everton turned down about 90m for stones and lukaku and could end up getting 120m for the pair! A defender who isn't great at defending and a striker who is good but with a dodgy touch and worth nowhere near that.

Can certainly get 2 better players than them for 100m. Or even 4 25m players for that

Crazy that Everton turned down about 90m for stones and lukaku and could end up getting 120m for the pair! A defender who isn't great at defending and a striker who is good but with a dodgy touch and worth nowhere near that.

Can certainly get 2 better players than them for 100m. Or even 4 25m players for that

Should have accepted a packet of crisps for the two of them.

In his first year for Everton Lukaku scored 16 goals, then the next year 20 then the year after 25. While he may not be Aguero he is still only 23 and is improving. Ludicrous to call him anything other than one of the best strikers in the premier league before he's even reached his prime. Yes his touch is questionable which may stop him being truly top class, but he's guaranteed goals at very high level and Everton should be demanding a hefty fee for him.

Stones clearly has loads and loads of potential, Martinez has made him go backwards though.

(I do agree that the amount of money some clubs has seems to have made them get incredibly lazy with scouting, there will be better value, albeit higher risk elsewhere)

Fair point yeah. That's what I was mainly getting at that there will definitely be better value elsewhere. If you sell a decent player for a over inflated fee such as 30m then there will be two 15m players out there who will be even better.

I like Ranieris attitude to transfers it's basically that, if he loses someone he says it's no big deal as they can be replaced and the game goes on.

In his first year for Everton Lukaku scored 16 goals, then the next year 20 then the year after 25. While he may not be Aguero he is still only 23 and is improving. Ludicrous to call him anything other than one of the best strikers in the premier league before he's even reached his prime. Yes his touch is questionable which may stop him being truly top class, but he's guaranteed goals at very high level and Everton should be demanding a hefty fee for him.

Stones clearly has loads and loads of potential, Martinez has made him go backwards though.

(I do agree that the amount of money some clubs has seems to have made them get incredibly lazy with scouting, there will be better value, albeit higher risk elsewhere)

How has Martinez made Stones go backwards when he was the one that brought him forward in the PL? That gave him a chance?

How has Martinez made Stones go backwards when he was the one that brought him forward in the PL? That gave him a chance?

Can't coach defending though. In fairness under any other manager Stones would've been dropped long before he was

I do find it quite amusing seeing the fees thrown about for forwards that we've clearly pursued over the years and for what ever reason (probably not paying enough) didn't get them. Off the top of my head there is Gamiero who has went for €35M, Lyon are turning down €40M for Lacazette, god knows how much Aubameyang will eventually be sold for.

Wonder when we'll see Mevlut Erdinc transferred to Man City for €60M.

Can't coach defending though. In fairness under any other manager Stones would've been dropped long before he was

He did get dropped quite a lot last season. He basically looked mint when fresh from reserves coaching and then declined. I honestly would probably dissmiss him except for a few games I saw where it was absolutely clear he had twice the technical ability of anyone around him. His head needs sorting though and Martinez has not helped him.

Regarding our near misses, 2007 and Ashleys takeover came at the wrong time for us. Around 2004-06 us and Spurs were the main attraction to players after Arsenal Chelsea manure Liverpool. In the past we would of been in for and got the likes of Modric and bale. Criminal how we fell from being in the top 6 clubs to 2 relegations not long later due to lack of ambition and bad transfer mistakes

Regarding our near misses, 2007 and Ashleys takeover came at the wrong time for us. Around 2004-06 us and Spurs were the main attraction to players after Arsenal Chelsea manure Liverpool. In the past we would of been in for and got the likes of Modric and bale. Criminal how we fell from being in the top 6 clubs to 2 relegations not long later due to lack of ambition and bad transfer mistakes

2006ish we were signing Sibierski, re-signing Bernard & Srnicek, loaning Onyewu & Rossi...let's not rewrite history.

Maybe 2005 then. Fact is us and Spurs were round the same level if not us ahead of them in 2005. We had been in the top 5 the last few seasons and like I say other than manure Chelsea and Arsenal maybe Liverpool we were a more attractive club to go too than the rest of the league and a real chance to push on.

Then like you say we signed a load of dross the year after and Spurs got a load of great players and we have been on oppisote paths ever since.

Guest neesy111

Maybe 2005 then. Fact is us and Spurs were round the same level if not us ahead of them in 2005. We had been in the top 5 the last few seasons and like I say other than manure Chelsea and Arsenal maybe Liverpool we were a more attractive club to go too than the rest of the league and a real chance to push on.

Then like you say we signed a load of dross the year after and Spurs got a load of great players and we have been on oppisote paths ever since.

2004 yes, not 2005.  A year of souness set us back at least 4 years of progress.

Guest Howaythetoon

We went and appointed Souness and Liverpool went and appointed Rafa...

That's when it all went wrong.