Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Not even anything special is he? Sure he just promotes players to the first team just so they get known and people think they must be good and pay over the odds for them

I quite like him from what I've seen, but he's nothing special no. He is very tidy on the ball. It's really hard to tell from limited appearances though.

Villa signing players for the completely wrong positions.

Their problems were in different areas to what they have replaced and they haven't really addressed any issues from last season.

How do you work that out? I agree with you re us not going up necessarily, but I don't see how you can say that about our signings.

Scoring goals was a grotesque failing for us last season. I'd say Kodija and McCormack are players signed in precisely the right positions. Whether or not they will turn out to be the answer, I don't know, but they are being brought in to address a very clear weakness.

Our biggest failing last year was the total inability to defend.

Amavi - Chester - Elphick - De Laet is much better than last year (when Amavi gets totally fit) and three of those are new players (and the other missed almost the whole season through injury).

Jedinak is a signing which also should plug a massive weakness, but we could do with one more midfield addition.

Like I said, the actual players may or may not work out, but we're definitely addressing the areas of the pitch where we had big problems (errrm, all of them).

I think McCormack was a good signing - McCormack, Ayew and Gestede are very good options at this level. I think that was sufficient though and if you wanted another striker then just a back-up player would be enough (for rotation etc.). I think wasting £11m-£15m on this guy from Bristol City is a gamble and unnecessary when up front is your strongest area and those funds could have been used in other areas.

I think you are incredibly weak in goal, current keeper looks suspect to me.

Defence I agree has improved, but outside of the four you listed your options are quite poor and you could have done with a couple of good back-up options.

I think the midfield is the biggest problem for you, as you identified. A good creative midfielder and winger are desperately needed as I just cannot see where Villa's chances are going to be created from.

There's no point stockpiling four great strikers if they have nothing behind them in midfield. I think you still need 2x defenders, 2x midfielders and a better keeper than you have before you'll look in good shape.

You still seem to have a losing mentality, which is worrying. Second the opposition scores you just crumble, which is what we did last season too. Not sure how/where that can be improved but it needs to quickly otherwise this season may be worrying.

I think Villa are okay if your owner gives Di Matteo time, if he doesn't get you up this season then stick with him and carry on the rebuild. I have a fear that he sounds as crazy as he tweets and you'll end up going through a few managers if there isn't instant reward. We're different in the sense that I think Rafa would go if he fails to get us back up this year, so it's desperate that we do go up.

Hull have paid £13m for Ryan Mason. How the f*** does Levy do it? He won't pay over £15m for Zaha or £20m for Sissoko though.

It's the classic looking at a player and who they play for rather than the player himself. We did the same thing with Obertan, oooh he played for Manure, he must be good !!

Levy approach is to buy all the good English Talent and sell on the ones that don't work out, but give them a few games in the first team and/or some high profile loans, to increase their value. It's a sound approach, one we tried and failed miserably to follow. They obviously have a good scouting system and know when to pull the trigger on a deal and when not.

His approach to buying though must piss off other owners and chairmen, it's always low ball and installment/incentive payments. I think a lot of other owners have woken up to his gameplan though and he's having a harder time pulling off the deals.

unsure if i find it interesting that he's gone there, or he's just gone there because no-one else would take him

I think he's gone there to avoid playing for a premier league bottom feeder, which he probably feels would be more humiliating.

Not even anything special is he? Sure he just promotes players to the first team just so they get known and people think they must be good and pay over the odds for them

I quite like him from what I've seen, but he's nothing special no. He is very tidy on the ball. It's really hard to tell from limited appearances though.

He's perfectly fine back-up, but injuries threaten to be a real issue. Like I said elsewhere, most of our youth products have ended up at Hull for a nice wodge of cash.

Remy to Palace on loan. Going to take something extraordinary for the King to f*** them up but I believe in him.

Time for a perfectly placed injury to both new strikers, he'll fold like a house of cards.

Time for the old hoof it when Remy's up top and try and make Benteke run onto overhit through passes when he's on the pitch, classic Pardew the opposition will never be expecting that

Remy to Palace on loan. Going to take something extraordinary for the King to f*** them up but I believe in him.

Time for a perfectly placed injury to both new strikers, he'll fold like a house of cards.

Time for the old hoof it when Remy's up top and try and make Benteke run onto overhit through passes when he's on the pitch, classic Pardew the opposition will never be expecting that

Benteke will take up the Shola role wide right, Remy will have to have an eye on the left backs. Cabs will sort it.

Yeah I don't like hart but fair play going there. I always wonder why more English players don't go abroad. Given the choice to move to likes of Sunderland west brom boro Southampton or Turin i know where I would be going

If Sunderland were after me, I'd be giving Alleppo Rovers a call to be fair