Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Villa clearly trying to buy the league here like.

They need to do something, clear they are not even competitive at this level. Think there may be a management change there before we get to the January window.

Villa clearly trying to buy the league here like.

They need to do something, clear they are not even competitive at this level. Think there may be a management change there before we get to the January window.

It was an Ironic comment based on supporters of other teams saying we're trying to buy the league when in fact other clubs are spending far more.

15 million for Kodija.... fucking hell....

Think he played against us.  Did he register with anyone?

I've never heard of him.

He did, can't remember Mick Lowes mentioning him too many times. He hasn't scored in 4 games this season if that's any indication of how good he is.

15 million for Kodija.... f***ing hell....

Think he played against us.  Did he register with anyone?

I've never heard of him.

He did, can't remember Mick Lowes mentioning him too many times. He hasn't scored in 4 games this season if that's any indication of how good he is.

You see it quite often that a club will buy a player few have heard of that has been knocking in the goals at lower levels for a ridiculous amount. They've bought two players now in McCormack and this guy, who in theory should give them enough goals to get out of the division. Their big problems though may be at the other end of the pitch, they seem to be shipping a fair few. The new owner though has splashed the cash, got to hand it to him.

If my gut feeling ever took me to Hull, I'd be straight to A&E to get it looked at.

Even if it avoided Sunderland?

Well in which case I would've said something like "My gut told me to stay the fuck away from Sunderland, so Hull will have to do".

Villa signing players for the completely wrong positions.

Their problems were in different areas to what they have replaced and they haven't really addressed any issues from last season.

How do you work that out? I agree with you re us not going up necessarily, but I don't see how you can say that about our signings.

Scoring goals was a grotesque failing for us last season. I'd say Kodija and McCormack are players signed in precisely the right positions. Whether or not they will turn out to be the answer, I don't know, but they are being brought in to address a very clear weakness.

Our biggest failing last year was the total inability to defend.

Amavi - Chester - Elphick - De Laet is much better than last year (when Amavi gets totally fit) and three of those are new players (and the other missed almost the whole season through injury).

Jedinak is a signing which also should plug a massive weakness, but we could do with one more midfield addition.

Like I said, the actual players may or may not work out, but we're definitely addressing the areas of the pitch where we had big problems (errrm, all of them).