Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Hope he's an unmitigated failure like.

Returns to Juve next summer for £5m and then turns it on again. Three years later Man United, under the stewardship of Steve Bruce, buy him back for a world record £250m.

My rating of him is that he's probably the best centre midfielder in the world. By saying probably, I'm saying it could be Kroos, Iniesta, Rakitic or Modric, but it's probably Pogba. Almost every football fan would have him in the top five centre midfielders in the world I'd imagine. Who else do you think is better at this stage? Vidal? Alonso?

At this point in time, in the games I've seen him play, he produces significantly less than those you've listed above. He has the potential to be the best, sure, but I really don't think that he is at this moment in time.

My rating of him is that he's probably the best centre midfielder in the world. By saying probably, I'm saying it could be Kroos, Iniesta, Rakitic or Modric, but it's probably Pogba. Almost every football fan would have him in the top five centre midfielders in the world I'd imagine. Who else do you think is better at this stage? Vidal? Alonso?

At this point in time, in the games I've seen him play, he produces significantly less than those you've listed above. He has the potential to be the best, sure, but I really don't think that he is at this moment in time.

What do you mean by produces significantly less? I only ask because he scored and assisted significantly more than them all last season.

Who is then?

To be fair to Fergie, of the hundreds and hundreds of players that he released during his time as Man Utd manager it was inevitable that at least one would turn out to be a piss poor decision.

Fergie didn't want Pogba to go. We offered him a new contract but by that stage he had already signed a deal with Juventus, without letting his club know. Had he waited another season he would have been a starter for us, but he took a gamble and it paid off. Fair play to him.

A lot of the bitterness towards Man United is clouding peoples judgement on here though. :lol: Pogba is probably the best centre midfielder in the world now and anyone watching him for Juventus will know that. He's also 23. It's a shit load of money but it fills a glaring hole in our team and gives us a fantastic midfield for ten years plus. With the way money is going if he left in a couple of years he's still going to be in his prime and we'd recoup most of the money anyway.

He's not the world's best CM, I've seen many a big game when he doesn't turn up. 

Many aye Neesy? :lol: Wise up. He was class in the Champions League when they got to the final and he's been class in the league for them. Wasn't fantastic in the Euros but was by no means poor. Remember, he's 23. It's a quality buy.

Shit Ronaldo alert.

What do you mean by produces significantly less? I only ask because he scored and assisted significantly more than them all last season.

I suppose I mean produce in 'big' games as that's what he really should be doing as the most expensive player in history (if it happens). When it's come to the crunch I've seen all of the others perform in big games, can't say the same for Pogba myself. Flat tracking it with Juve in Series A isn't the same imo, same kind of criticism that was levelled at Cristiano for a number of years as well.

Is he more of a #10 or Lampard style B2B suited more to a midfield 3 (or 4)?

From what i've seen he's not a CM in the Modric - Kroos mould. He needs someone to do his dirty work like a Lampard or Toure.

I imagine Schneiderlin would be the one doing the dirty work.

From what i've seen he's not a CM in the Modric - Kroos mould. He needs someone to do his dirty work like a Lampard or Toure.

In a 4-2-3-1 as part of the 2? Looked rubbish in that role for France even with a DM next to him I don't think he'll be effective against most PL teams in that role.

I suppose I mean produce in 'big' games as that's what he really should be doing as the most expensive player in history (if it happens). When it's come to the crunch I've seen all of the others perform in big games, can't say the same for Pogba myself. Flat tracking it with Juve in Series A isn't the same imo, same kind of criticism that was levelled at Cristiano for a number of years as well.

He was Juve's best player on their run to the CL final in 2015, including setting up the crucial goal against Madrid in the semis. He was 22. :lol:

I understand that criticism was aimed at Ronaldo as well despite him being the highest scorer ever in the CL and scored at all stages of the knockouts. :lol: To summarise, it was nonsense.

In a 4-2-3-1 as part of the 2? Looked rubbish in that role for France even with a DM next to him I don't think he'll be effective against most PL teams in that role.

Aye. He was already looked good in that role for us. Mourinho loves Carrick too though so it could be him, but his lack of mobility scares me.

He was Juve's best player on their run to the CL final in 2015, including setting up the crucial goal against Madrid in the semis. He was 22. [emoji38]

I understand that criticism was aimed at Ronaldo as well despite him being the highest scorer ever in the CL and scored at all stages of the knockouts. [emoji38] To summarise, it was nonsense.

Fair enough man. When Pogba has realised his potential and is holding a major international trophy or the CL or something we'll revisit. For me atm he's never dominated or performed on the biggest stages.

He was Juve's best player on their run to the CL final in 2015, including setting up the crucial goal against Madrid in the semis. He was 22. [emoji38]

I understand that criticism was aimed at Ronaldo as well despite him being the highest scorer ever in the CL and scored at all stages of the knockouts. [emoji38] To summarise, it was nonsense.

Fair enough man. When Pogba has realised his potential and is holding a major international trophy or the CL or something we'll revisit. For me atm he's never dominated or performed on the biggest stages.

If he wanted to win the CL he would've stayed at Juve

Guest firetotheworks

Out of interest. In today's market, what do you reckon Messi's worth? Surely it's like 500 million? At Pogba's age probably getting above that.

Pogba played well in the CL final against Barca, but I remember him being burned and out skilled by Messi a couple of times and Pogba resorted to just wiping him out. [emoji38]

Pogba's agent will get £18.7million form the deal !!!!!

I need to break into this line of work.

In the meantime I am sending this guy an elaborate email to try and acquire his bank details.

Pet hate of mine tbh.

So Shearer was not one of the best strikers around, because he did not win CL or international trophy?

Pet hate of mine tbh.

So Shearer was not one of the best strikers around, because he did not win CL or international trophy?

Not at all, but Shearer followed a transfer path many other players including Pogba do/did not, had he taken other offers and played in more big games he'd have influenced those games, no doubt in my mind.

What I'm saying is if Manyoo start getting to the latter stages of big competitions and Pogba isn't performing in those games then you've got to ask questions. Same for France.

I think he's absolutely mint, but I feel like he'll flop, even if just for the first season. I can see Mourinho stifling his forward creativity and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he played him where Deschamps does. Add to that, the competition for team focal point with Ibrahimovic and it has that Jon Obi Mikel feel about it for me.

Man Utd fans should be very concerned about Pogba being stifled, and made far more defensive.

Mourinho has already stated that Rooney is not a midfielder, and so Rooney is likely to play just off Ibrahimovic. It's very likely to then be Schneiderlin/Carrick alongside Pogba in midfield. If that's the case it's a hell of a waste of money, as he will not be allowed to really express himself, and will likely look more like the guy we saw with France.

If he wanted to win the CL he would've stayed at Juve

:lol: You're going to be gutted when we're back on top.