Other clubs' transfers

TBG

BREAKING: Sky sources indicate Joleon Lescott is close to agreeing terms with Hull City for a two-year deal #SSN

Fucking Hull, man. How can Hull afford him but we couldn't even imagine singing someone like that? We'll be reet, we'll sell MYM for less than we bought him for, buy someone else even less known and cheaper, and plod on with Steven Taylor and Curtis Good. Exciting times.

Anyhoo, back the the WC.

Lescott was excellent for us and initially had a good time of it at City too. His career went down the pan when Mancini dropped him (for Savic!) just after his partnership with Kompany had helped win the title.

Since dropping out of the first XI at City he's struggled for form whenever he's got back in. I think he'll do ok with regular football at Hull but I'm doubtful he'll get back to his best and he'll be on big wages.

Xavi, man. Best CM I've ever seen. Pisses all over the likes of Gerrard, and certainly, for me, eclipses Zidane.

Don't think you can really compare him and Zidane as they both played in different positions.

For a direct comparison I rate Iniesta higher than Zidane but I know most will disagree with me on that one.

95% certain he'll go on to manage us at some point. Absolute legend, and I can only be grateful to have been able to see him in the flesh, in his prime.

Think he'd be a good manager as like Guardiola he is also a massive football geek.

Xavi, man. Best CM I've ever seen. Pisses all over the likes of Gerrard, and certainly, for me, eclipses Zidane.

Don't think you can really compare him and Zidane as they both played in different positions.

For a direct comparison I rate Iniesta higher than Zidane but I know most will disagree with me on that one.

I'd rate Iniesta above Xavi but as you say its difficult to compare them

Guest Howaythetoon

Iniesta and Xavi have had better careers and more success than Zidane and were both arguably more consistent and more effective, but Zidane had this thing about him, about his game. I call it individual temperament. He was different and in this game, that lone can be the difference.

I'd rank Zidane in the very top tier of modern world footballers up there with the likes of Messi, CRonaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho et al and further back your Peles and Maradonas.

Of course Xavi and Iniesta are or were world-class, right up there with those players, but for me, just not at that very level in terms of what they could do and did do.

Zidane could run the game on his own. Ronaldo could take on and beat a whole team. CRonaldo and Messi are machines able to consistently create and score and impact every single game. Ronaldinho was an individual of amazing ability and creativity.

All on a slightly different level. For me anyway.

I doubt we will see better midfield footballers in a general sense than Xavi or Iniesta though.

Agree with HTT too. I'd put Zidane at least level with Cristiano Ronaldo in footballing terms. Just because Ronaldo scores more doesn't mean he is better. Anyway to get back on topic I think I heard Spurs are bring linked with John O Shea :lol: