Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Just seen Chelsea have Felipe combined too.

Man, it's just boring. Come within 4 points of title, and semis in CL...then conveniently go and buy the 3 best players of the team that beat you in the CL.

Have one of the best young strikers in the world...but just go out and buy a more mature, 26 year old, version of him.

It's effective, wins them trophies. But so blend and boring.

As for transfers, it looks like both Roma and Liverpool are offering Yedlin a trial this summer. Think it's too early for him to make the step up from MLS...perhaps if purchased by either club, he should go on loan in a less-pressure environment to get used to European footy.

I'm still laughing at the suggestion that Ba will be "forgotten" if he leaves for Turkey. :lol:

No set of fans will remember him. He's gone from one club to the other based on financial incentive.

The only laughable thing is the idea that Ba has gone to the 3rd best side in Turkey for anything other than a few extra quid in his pocket at the expense of his career.

I'm still laughing at the suggestion that Ba will be "forgotten" if he leaves for Turkey. :lol:

No set of fans will remember him. He's gone from one club to the other based on financial incentive.

The only laughable thing is the idea that Ba has gone to the 3rd best side in Turkey for anything other than a few extra quid in his pocket at the expense of his career.

It's his career. I'm not sure why you care so much about what's "best" for his career. Surely he's in a better position than you are to determine that.

And he'll get more playing time and play at a higher overall level for Besiktas than he would in England. More English players should take note and follow suit.

Let me be the one who asks the obvious question: what should he have done, bearing in mind you absolutely haven't a clue about what options were available to him? Would it have been more commendable to continue picking up his no doubt huge (higher?) wages at Chelsea in light of his diminishing chances of getting much pitch time?

To reiterate, I'm certain that Demba Ba had better options available to him than Besiktas. He's a good striker of a pretty rare type who's played the best football of his career in the best league in the world in the last 3 seasons.

To reiterate, I'm certain that Demba Ba had better options available to him than Besiktas. He's a good striker of a pretty rare type who's played the best football of his career in the best league in the world in the last 3 seasons.

You're not certain at all. You assume this to be the case, just like you assume that Besiktas (out of these imaginative options) was the club that offered him the highest wages. Based on these two complete and utter assumptions you then go and criticise him, throwing such ludicrous concepts as his legacy or his lack of desire to win trophies into the mixer. And what do you end up with after all that? A cocktail of stinking f***ing Ronaldo assumption s**** with more than a hint of hypocrisy. Well done sir.

You're not certain at all. You assume this to be the case, just like you assume that Besiktas (out of these imaginative options) was the club that offered him the highest wages. Based on these two complete and utter assumptions you then go and criticise him, throwing such ludicrous concepts as his legacy or his lack of desire to win trophies into the mixer. And what do you end up with after all that? A cocktail of stinking f***ing Ronaldo assumption s**** with more than a hint of hypocrisy. Well done sir.

:lol:

Repressed rage at its finest. You should just move in with Michael Barrymore and get it over with, mate.

He hasn't played in La Liga for the last 3 seasons ???

Real Madrid activates Keylor Navas' €10m release clause.

completed his move......odd decision by him if he wants 1st team football..just has to fight Diego Lopez and Casillas for the GK position.

Atletico would have been an ideal club but I see they signed some unproven Benfica keeper who just played 16 times last season.

Talk of Diego Lopez moving on, and Casillas has no future at the club. He'll be their first-choice for sure.

That Oblak lad won their league's Goalkeeper of the Year and apparently did well in Europe, and is only 21. They're probably looking long-term with a good prospect.