Other clubs' transfers

TBG

What's with Barca signing Mathiaeu from Valencia? Surely they can do better: I don't get Barca's transfer dealings at times

I don't either, and I have been following this club since I was sucking my mom's tits.

Mathieu would actually be a pretty good backup; but paying the amount suggested for a 31 year old and getting no one else? Utter craziness, but sadly one that's not beyond the reach of our board.

Woah! :lol:

That's some random crudeness from VI.

Guest Howaythetoon

f***ing HTT with his Merc that does 6 mpg. :dave:

9 around the doors the other week, 14 on average, 28 on the motorway once. Either way 100 a week if I'm driving it around the doors. Its killing me to be honest. Once I've had a year out of it I'm probably gonna get rid. People think I'm a gangster or a drug dealer. Had some lads eying it up the other week as well.

I just find it highly ironic. Why does Ronaldo et al think all these French and Dutch players who come from clubs where they are used to winning stuff flock to come and play at Newcastle? To enjoy the Northumbrian countryside?

:thup:

What a buffoon.

How so?

Because again he's going where the most money is. A player with all that talent and in 10 years nobody will remember him.

But his family and friends will all be taken care of.

and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

They be taken care of on 50K a week, too.

Maximise income - better living standards.

something practically everyone strives for in modern society.

Motivation varies per person as well of course, Maybe Demba couldn't give a crap about being "remembered"  :whistle:

Or winning stuff. I just f***ing hate that mentality.

Aye, he'd have a better chance of being remembered or winning stuff staying at Newcastle than going to Chelsea or Besiktas, who challenge for cups, titles and European football.. :dontknow:

Where the fuck did I say Demba Ba should come back to Newcastle? :lol:

What a buffoon.

How so?

Because again he's going where the most money is. A player with all that talent and in 10 years nobody will remember him.

Motivation varies per person as well of course, Maybe Demba couldn't give a crap about being "remembered"  :whistle:

Aye, he'd have a better chance of being remembered or winning stuff staying at Newcastle than going to Chelsea or Besiktas, who challenge for cups, titles and European football.. :dontknow:

Where the f*** did I say Demba Ba should come back to Newcastle? :lol:

Where the fuck did I infer you did?

What a buffoon.

How so?

So what? It's his life.

And he'll have a far better chance of regular CL football with Besiktas than he would with us or any other mid-table PL side.

What a buffoon.

How so?

Where the fuck did I infer you did?

:lol: :lol:

At this point in his career Demba Ba must have far better options than the Turkish league from everything other than a financial perspective. That's all I'm saying. If you and Flip and the rest of the backpackers want to turn that into a 'Ronaldo thinks everyone should want to play for Newcastle' angle, that's fine. Really quite idiotic, but I'll live with it.

And he'll have a far better chance of regular CL football with Besiktas than he would with us or any other mid-table PL side.

See, again, who said he should be playing for a mid-table PL side?

See, again, who said he should be playing for a mid-table PL side?

Uh, no one, but it's the logical conclusion. He clearly isn't going to get playing time for one of the top clubs in the league he's currently in, and he has a past history of playing for mid-table clubs in that league. So it's perfectly rational to think he'd be playing for a mid-table side if he left Chelsea but stayed in England.

Nobody said he should confine himself to England, either. I know your knowledge of European football isn't the best but you're more naïve than I thought if you think the best option for Demba Ba at 29 is to play for the 3rd biggest side in Turkey, man. Wake up.

Perfect club for Ba, tbh. Turkey and Russia are definitely the spot for talented African strikers who would star in midtable sides, are motivated by money, would fail at top clubs, and still want a competitive league/environment. See: Sow, Emenike, N'Doye, Doumbia, Musa, etc. Add Ba now.

It's sad, like. I know they've been brought up with nothing and thus lean towards making as much as possible in their footballing window but all of them could have good careers in proper leagues at clubs with fans who'd revere them.

Think we under-rate those leagues tbf. They are hardly Scotland. They regularly put in decent shifts in Euro comps in those divisions. Win trophies. I don't see why playing for Aston Villa is a better look.

Nobody said he should confine himself to England, either. I know your knowledge of European football isn't the best but you're more naïve than I thought if you think the best option for Demba Ba at 29 is to play for the 3rd biggest side in Turkey, man. Wake up.

:rolleyes:

Perfect club for Ba, tbh. Turkey and Russia are definitely the spot for talented African strikers who would star in midtable sides, are motivated by money, would fail at top clubs, and still want a competitive league/environment. See: Sow, Emenike, N'Doye, Doumbia, Musa, etc. Add Ba now.

It's sad, like. I know they've been brought up with nothing and thus lean towards making as much as possible in their footballing window but all of them could have good careers in proper leagues at clubs with fans who'd revere them.

Think we under-rate those leagues tbf. They are hardly Scotland. They regularly put in decent shifts in Euro comps in those divisions. Win trophies. I don't see why playing for Aston Villa is a better look.

Because it's not.

Because it's not.

And nobody said it was. It's a just convenient and lazy assumptive counterargument.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Problem for players like Ba & those who can't really cut it at the CL clubs in England, Spain and Germany but are still very good is that England aside few other teams in those leagues have the resources to buy a player on CL wages therefore there is only really Russia & Turkey left aside from the Middle East.

Shame really.

I just find it highly ironic. Why does Ronaldo et al think all these French and Dutch players who come from clubs where they are used to winning stuff flock to come and play at Newcastle? To enjoy the Northumbrian countryside?

Exactly this. We have players coming from AJAX to Newcastle United. A club with a more successful history, who win trophies and regularly play in Europe.

They join for money and to be in the best shop window to earn more money (and perhaps challenge for honours).

This is not aimed directly at Ronaldo. I've seen plenty of people with a PL + La Liga + a handful of other clubs as the only clubs worth having good players.

Exactly this. We have players coming from AJAX to Newcastle United. A club with a more successful history, who win trophies and regularly play in Europe.

They join for money and to be in the best shop window to earn more money (and perhaps challenge for honours).

This is not aimed directly at Ronaldo. I've seen plenty of people with a PL + La Liga + a handful of other clubs as the only clubs worth having good players.

You backpacker.

Problem for players like Ba & those who can't really cut it at the CL clubs in England, Spain and Germany but are still very good is that England aside few other teams in those leagues have the resources to buy a player on CL wages therefore there is only really Russia & Turkey left aside from the Middle East.

Shame really.

Why is it a shame? Players shouldn't be trading in Ajax for NUFC - but they do. Other nations should be able to build strong leagues/teams.

If you mean from a selfish POV then I agree.He'll be a loss to the league.

Shame really.

Why is it a shame? Players shouldn't be trading in Ajax for NUFC - but they do. Other nations should be able to build strong leagues/teams.

Shame that money is confined to the few.

I'd love to go back to the days when TV money wasn't the be all and end all and teams from all over Europe were strong.

What a buffoon.

How so?

Where the f*** did I infer you did?

:lol: :lol:

At this point in his career Demba Ba must have far better options than the Turkish league from everything other than a financial perspective. That's all I'm saying. If you and Flip and the rest of the backpackers want to turn that into a 'Ronaldo thinks everyone should want to play for Newcastle' angle, that's fine. Really quite idiotic, but I'll live with it.

Again, I said or inferred no such thing. Are you drunk?

Shame really.

Shame that money is confined to the few.

I'd love to go back to the days when TV money wasn't the be all and end all and teams from all over Europe were strong.

Some of the results those teams behind the old Iron Curtain achieved back in the day as well man. :drool: