Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Alves' agent has officially announced he's leaving Barça at the end of the season.

He's given us a lot, but his time is over.

That maybe but he's still by far your best option and that will be made very obvious when crap like Montoya is starting next season.

Tbh I think Alves is a victim of his own success, he's dropped off significantly but he's still one of the better RBs around. That may say more about the position itself than anything else but still.

What will we do is tie up somebody in the summer, and get by using Adriano/Montoya until January. I can live with that.

We did offer him a new contract, but he refused it. He probably has a fat paycheck awaiting him at PSG and I understand he'd rather take that - it's gonna be his last big contract.

It's all down to length of contract though isn't it? I think he knows he's not the best anymore, but Barcelona offering 1 + 1 contract rather than what other teams will which is at least 3 years is highly understandable at his age. He wants financial security for the end of his career and in the end I think both clubs are doing the right thing (despite he playing very decent football of late compared to the shower of shit he was presenting for the last 18-24 months).

Isn't Bartra as an Abidal type on the right a decent option? Rather than Montoya or Adriano who are both very much below average.

"Financial security" :lol:

Bet he's been making ends meet these last few years at barca when they were the most successful team on the planet and so on.

Not having a go there mind, just you hear the phrase all the time, maybe some of these multi-fucking-millionaires should give something back to the game in their twilight years rather than bathing in oil money.

I think in any profession towards the twilight years you think in that mindstate. A man in his mid 50's earning a 6 figure packet thinks of some of the same things as a man of a similar age earning 25k.

I don't know how it owrks but I doubt highly paid footballers budget well. After retirement there's some degree of scaling-back. I think someone like Jamie Redknapp makes more at Sky than he did playing football.

Guest firetotheworks

I think Alves is an absolutely fantastic right back and I don't quite understand the flack that he gets sometimes. His relationship with Messi especially has been outstanding.

I think Alves is an absolutely fantastic right back and I don't quite understand the flack that he gets sometimes. His relationship with Messi especially has been outstanding.

Think he set such high standards a few years ago and now that they've dropped he gets a lot of stick because of it.

I think someone like Jamie Redknapp makes more at Sky than he did playing football.

I was set out to prove you wrong but it seems you're right there  :jones: I guess Sky aren't short of a bob

Guest TruToon94

Aubameyang might be going for about 30 million now. Our club couldn't be bothered to even fork out 8 mil for him. Morons in charges as usual.

Aubameyang might be going for about 30 million now. Our club couldn't be bothered to even fork out 8 mil for him. Morons in charges as usual.

I stand to be corrected, but I really, really don't think that that was the main reason you didn't get him.

I stand to be corrected, but I really, really don't think that that was the main reason you didn't get him.

I don't like this Lebron Leffe. LeLeffe.