Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Benitez would be a horrible appointment.

Keep Carlo for another season or get Klopp. Benitez? He'll not win the league either. They'll have a good chance of the cups because Benitez would rotate and is probably more tactically astute. But they'll lose out in other areas.

Ironic considering that's what they are doing now anyway, minus the rotations.

This side has been great to most of the time. I can't imagine Benitez picking a midfield of Kroos, James & Modric. Or even Isco, James & Kroos have played together a lot. Benitez would've never come up with that.

That's not what you said though, you said they would not win the league but have a good chance in the cups. Which is exactly what is happening.

Keep Carlo for another season or get Klopp. Benitez? He'll not win the league either. They'll have a good chance of the cups because Benitez would rotate and is probably more tactically astute. But they'll lose out in other areas.

This side has been great to most of the time. I can't imagine Benitez picking a midfield of Kroos, James & Modric. Or even Isco, James & Kroos have played together a lot. Benitez would've never come up with that.

That's not what you said though, you said they would not win the league but have a good chance in the cups. Which is exactly what is happening.

I said it would be a horrible appointment. Competing is mandatory at Madrid, there needs to be some style with it. If Benitez had a better chance of winning trophies than Ancelotti but a worse style - it would be worth a shot. But he doesn't.

At the very highest level - I feel like Benitez is yesterday's man.

I'm still unconvinced about all of these rumors, btw. Pérez's big plan and dream is having Zidane manage Real Madrid, best player in the world turned best manager in the world managing the best team in the world - it's the kind of hype narrative he thrives on. He wants him to be a bigger, white, Guardiola. And Zidane will probably leave if he's passed over when the seat becomes available.

I said it would be a horrible appointment. Competing is mandatory at Madrid, there needs to be some style with it. If Benitez had a better chance of winning trophies than Ancelotti but a worse style - it would be worth a shot. But he doesn't.

At the very highest level - I feel like Benitez is yesterday's man.

Yeah and you also said what i just pointed out, it's all in the same post ffs :lol:

Guest chopey

If we go down tomorrow I wonder how long it is before the other clubs cherry pick our purples

Really like the look of Dybala. Juve in danger of becoming the Italian Bayern Munich, cherry picking the leagues best players.

like they did forever until they got relegated for being crooks you mean?  only difference now is that no-one else can compete with them as inter and Milan have done over the years

Juve got almost all of the Italian CL pot so they're getting more than any other team, I think. This would have been the case even if they lost in the semis or QFs, iirc. Anyway, it's good to see them invest but it's probably a one off unless other Italian teams don't plan on making the knockout rounds.