Other clubs' transfers

TBG

He's a good player, but he won't improve them imo. Assuming he is going to start week in week out.

He will do if they play him in central midfield.

I would do this as well, always though he's a CM. For some reason no actual professional managers agree though.

He's a good player, but he won't improve them imo. Assuming he is going to start week in week out.

I would do this as well, always though he's a CM. For some reason no actual professional managers agree though.

He was brilliant there for Villa, under O'Neill I think it was, and was set to become a staple there for them. He then joined Man City, and that was the end of that.

Guest Roger Kint

Schaar going to Hoffenheim by the looks of it. With Konoplyenka going to Stoke and no doubt Ayew going elsewhere its a good job Charnley was working on deals during the last 6 months. Really did well to avoid some decent free transfers there...

Schaar going to Hoffenheim by the looks of it. With Konoplyenka going to Stoke and no doubt Ayew going elsewhere its a good job Charnley was working on deals during the last 6 months. Really did well to avoid some decent free transfers there...

Really surprised none of the proper German teams are in for him. Always been fairly impressed when I watched FC Basel.

Likewise the Dnipro winger when watching Ukraine, seems to have pace and end product which is more than most playing in the league these days. Bojan - him - Arny - Diouf - Crouch is a fairly decent forward group. It's mental how Hughes is so, so much better when he has financial constraints placed on him, has a decent eye for a player/deal.

Guest Roger Kint

Really surprised none of the proper German teams are in for him. Always been fairly impressed when I watched FC Basel.

Same here, would have been perfect for someone like Dortmund when the inevitable summer sales happen. Really strange no teams have been linked here properly either. Mind he is no Williamson...

Guest Roger Kint

Theres always a risk with Russian/Ukrainians but watching him i always got the impression he had enough to work here. Apparently he is getting a fortune mind but Hughes is gathering some decent attacking players at good prices.

Guest Roger Kint

Stoke are definitely putting together a very strong side. How we cannot compete with teams such as Stoke/Swansea either financially or on the field is an absolute joke like.

:thup: I was loudly shouted down by a mackem the other week for saying we should be up there in the 8-10 places with them given our income/ground/wages etc. Apparently its delusion for expect to compete with those superpowers(and West Ham/Palace)

Theres always a risk with Russian/Ukrainians but watching him i always got the impression he had enough to work here. Apparently he is getting a fortune mind but Hughes is gathering some decent attacking players at good prices.

Considering Liverpool were expecting to pay around 12-15million for him just last year, I'm sure Hughes won't mind forking out 60k a week on him. If he doesn't suceed doubtless they'll still make a profit off him if they sell him on.

There's so much money in the league now that any club can go out there and get some top players.

All you really require is people in charge that know what they're doing and you have a chance to threaten the top 6 teams for league position.

Guest Roger Kint

These transfers are infuriating - Schar, Konoplyanka etc. If Cabaye went to Palace I think I'd jack it all in.

All three for £10m. Would drag us up about 6 places alone and give us hope for a season even with SMC. Meanwhile we havent done a damn thing since February when Charnley told the Chronic we were working on transfers for the summer already.

Likewise the Dnipro winger when watching Ukraine, seems to have pace and end product which is more than most playing in the league these days. Bojan - him - Arny - Diouf - Crouch is a fairly decent forward group. It's mental how Hughes is so, so much better when he has financial constraints placed on him, has a decent eye for a player/deal.

Just think the City job was too big for him & QPR are rotten to the core.

He was brilliant there for Villa, under O'Neill I think it was, and was set to become a staple there for them. He then joined Man City, and that was the end of that.

Indeed. MON hardly ever played him anywhere but through the middle. I also remember him playing there for you every now and then, too.

If you asked 100 Villa fans "which player of the MON era do you miss most?", 90 of them would say Milner.

He was great for us. Really good in that role, brilliant attitude, never went missing. Absolutely great. I wish he still played for us.

I think he's a good signing for Liverpool.

Looks like Cleverly might be going to Everton.

I don't know what to think of that.

For about 25 games for us, he was one of the worst players I've seen play for us in a long, long time. It became a joke that he was, for some reason, undroppable. If you'd asked me then if I wanted to sign him permanently, I'd have said not a chance, not even being free.

Then Sherwood came and he had five or six games where he was really excellent. Then three or four where he was as shit as he was earlier in the season.

I don't know which is the Tom Cleverly we'd be signing.

Looks like Cleverly might be going to Everton.

I don't know what to think of that.

For about 25 games for us, he was one of the worst players I've seen play for us in a long, long time. It became a joke that he was, for some reason, undroppable. If you'd asked me then if I wanted to sign him permanently, I'd have said not a chance, not even being free.

Then Sherwood came and he had five or six games where he was really excellent. Then three or four where he was as s*** as he was earlier in the season.

I don't know which is the Tom Cleverly we'd be signing.

He played his most consistent and best football for Martinez at Wigan, so no surprise he's joined up with him again.

Milner's been a success at City overall. A squad player but an important one. A more versatile Darren Fletcher in some ways. Always used when you needed someone to standup and be counted. Often best used against top sides and the sides that scrap the most.

If used in central midfield and he can perform like he was doing there for Villa, he's a great signing. If he's been brought in to be messed about how Man City messed him about then it is a horrendous signing.

Astounding how good Milner has become given how frustrating he was when he was here. Says a bit about the importance of being in a good, professional environment.

More to do with playing on the wings of a 4-4-2 in a shit team. The fans got on his back tremendously.

Glory days those.

Indeed. MON hardly ever played him anywhere but through the middle. I also remember him playing there for you every now and then, too.

If you asked 100 Villa fans "which player of the MON era do you miss most?", 90 of them would say Milner.

He was great for us. Really good in that role, brilliant attitude, never went missing. Absolutely great. I wish he still played for us.

I think he's a good signing for Liverpool.

That's interesting..........I'd have thought you'd have said Ashley Young.