Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Astounding how good Milner has become given how frustrating he was when he was here. Says a bit about the importance of being in a good, professional environment.

:lol: Man, we've been hopeless for years. Shit.

I was devastated when Milner left. Even more so because of all the "12 million. Villa are stupid" posts. He was only 21-23 while playing for us but many had already wrote him off.

Shows you can't win as a Newcastle winger, you're either too lazy or too workmanlike in his case. I didn't think he was that great for us but like you say he was young and it was disappointing he left straight after arguably his best ever performance for us versus Coventry. That Keegan side was really starting to hit its stride.

Milner's been a success at City overall. A squad player but an important one. A more versatile Darren Fletcher in some ways. Always used when you needed someone to standup and be counted. Often best used against top sides and the sides that scrap the most.

If used in central midfield and he can perform like he was doing there for Villa, he's a great signing. If he's been brought in to be messed about how Man City messed him about then it is a horrendous signing.

Great? We're going with great?

He's a good player, but he won't improve them imo. Assuming he is going to start week in week out.

He will do if they play him in central midfield.

I would do this as well, always though he's a CM. For some reason no actual professional managers agree though.

He was brilliant there for Villa, under O'Neill I think it was, and was set to become a staple there for them. He then joined Man City, and that was the end of that.

Indeed. MON hardly ever played him anywhere but through the middle. I also remember him playing there for you every now and then, too.

If you asked 100 Villa fans "which player of the MON era do you miss most?", 90 of them would say Milner.

He was great for us. Really good in that role, brilliant attitude, never went missing. Absolutely great. I wish he still played for us.

I think he's a good signing for Liverpool.

That's interesting..........I'd have thought you'd have said Ashley Young.

Nope, not at all.

Young was popular here, but infuriating for a lot of people who didn't like the constant diving and his insistence on taking all the free kicks.

I never heard a bad word from anyone about Milner, on the other hand

I was devastated when Milner left. Even more so because of all the "12 million. Villa are stupid" posts. He was only 21-23 while playing for us but many had already wrote him off.

Shows you can't win as a Newcastle winger, you're either too lazy or too workmanlike in his case. I didn't think he was that great for us but like you say he was young and it was disappointing he left straight after arguably his best ever performance for us versus Coventry. That Keegan side was really starting to hit its stride.

He was superb that night. Cracking game of football that.

Astounding how good Milner has become given how frustrating he was when he was here. Says a bit about the importance of being in a good, professional environment.

This sounds awfully familiar.

http://cavsnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Shumpert-from-NBA.com_.jpg

Apart from the bench I don't see where Cleverley fits at Everton, but we're giving him £50k a week for 5 years. :thup:

50k a week :lol: Martinez isn't right in the head

50k a week is hardly a big payday nowadays.

The best I've seen of Cleverley was under Martinez at Wigan too.

Solid signing IMO.

Apart from the bench I don't see where Cleverley fits at Everton, but we're giving him £50k a week for 5 years. :thup:

50k a week :lol: Martinez isn't right in the head

50k a week is hardly a big payday nowadays.

The best I've seen of Cleverley was under Martinez at Wigan too.

Solid signing IMO.

Apparently close to that gets a Dreamboat