Other clubs' transfers

TBG

18m on a left back, f***ing hell :lol:

That's Euros and it is "up to" rather than "for this amount"

Everything I have read reports it as 10m.

Interesting, though, that we've remembered how to spend money. Someone must have remembered the PIN for the Visa card or something

Even so i never expected that sort of money to be splashed on anything but a Benteke replacement, fair play if they will actually follow it up with the other things you need.

18m on a left back, fucking hell :lol:

That's Euros and it is "up to" rather than "for this amount"

Everything I have read reports it as 10m.

Interesting, though, that we've remembered how to spend money. Someone must have remembered the PIN for the Visa card or something

Nah, it's getting reported as a fraudulent transaction as we speak.

He any good brum. Or is it your lot trying to appease the fans?

He's supposed to be very good, but we've been linked with him for ages now, so it doesn't look like appeasement to me.

To be honest, we need two or three more quality players at least. I suspect Gueye, who we have signed already, is the Delph replacement.

I'm just encouraged we're not poking around 2-3m lower league dross yet, like we have in recent summers.

Just thinking, have spurs done anything this window? At all? Maybe I'm just thinking of old meltface's spell there but normally used to being about 3 or 4 players linked with them a day all over the transfer rumours.

Just thinking, have spurs done anything this window? At all? Maybe I'm just thinking of old meltface's spell there but normally used to being about 3 or 4 players linked with them a day all over the transfer rumours.

Signed Alderweireld.

Also, re appeasement, that'd require them actually giving a f*** what the fans think in the first place - something they've not done for four or five years now.

think that's pretty much the norm for the league atm

Signed Alderweireld.

Oh yeah, good signing

Is that all Spurs have done?

For me Southampton  have done really well. Man Utd have done ok but still need defenders.

The rest of the league has a lot of work to do.

Trippier and Wimmer to bulk up the defence too. Nobody noticed, because we finally got our arses in gear early, rather than after the transfer window SLAMMED SHUT.

We still need a CF and an attacking wide(ish) man by my reckoning. Still some more deadwood to clear out too.

Trippier and Wimmer to bulk up the defence too. Nobody noticed, because we finally got our arses in gear early, rather than after the transfer window SLAMMED SHUT.

We still need a CF and an attacking wide(ish) man by my reckoning. Still some more deadwood to clear out too.

To be honest I'm a little surprised that City haven't made some ridiculous bid for Kane, just their kind of transfer designed to ruin a talent

Guest Howaythetoon

Kane is a good player and has had an amazing season, but for some reason he reminds me somewhat of Carroll. Not in terms of ability of course, or even style, but that kind or rise to prominence if you like and like Carroll I don't think he has the genuine actual ability to actually back up his potential in real terms. The next 2 seasons will determine whether he is the real deal or just a hot flush. I hope he is like, because I like him as a player and England could do with a decent forward/striker.

I disagree actually on both counts. I think Carroll had and has the ability but he needs to be in a team that will supply in the crosses, he needs to be fit, and he needs a much much better mentality (which is contributing to his fitness issues). If he kept himself in good shape and was playing in a team that was geared for him he'd be plenty good enough for the league.

Kane I think looks to have plenty of ability, I do wonder if he's one of those hot streak players though who finds the back of the net for periods without even thinking too much about it, but as soon as he has to think about it too much he'll be unable to hit a barn door.

Guest Howaythetoon

I disagree actually on both counts. I think Carroll had and has the ability but he needs to be in a team that will supply in the crosses, he needs to be fit, and he needs a much much better mentality (which is contributing to his fitness issues). If he kept himself in good shape and was playing in a team that was geared for him he'd be plenty good enough for the league.

Kane I think looks to have plenty of ability, I do wonder if he's one of those hot streak players though who finds the back of the net for periods without even thinking too much about it, but as soon as he has to think about it too much he'll be unable to hit a barn door.

I think Kane has a bit more ability than Carroll, but like our former man, is limited in many ways. Carroll lacks technical ability, pace and genuine football nous and when you factor in a dodgy mentality, fitness issues etc. that is a recipe for what he has basically become, a 'meh' player. To be fair, I never rated Carroll, even when he was beasting it up front and doing well for us. Kane I rate, but I don't see much in him to change my perception of him. He's another Benteke, Austin, Mings et al, decent, but never owt special. Not in a league with say the very top tier bracket of strikers. I hope I'm wrong though, because I like him as a player.